• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I don't really like Aluna's voice. This album is saved by the production. Seriously, it's shitting. I needed the mellow vibes this summer. I'm still only half way through though.

Lies Echo is especially mellow and utter perfection. GIVE INNNNNNNNN
I don't consider mid-tempo and mellow to be the same thing. I'd actually say Leona's voice doesn't give off much of a laid-back vibe in anything but her pre-XF output and a couple of Glassheart tracks.

Aluna's voice, on the other hand, injects even the most peppy of beats on this new alberm with a humid languor. Not feeling ha this time.

Kyon

Banned
ibqYat7OQp1bu0.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Paging Saintz:

Are the new leak tracks from Lana meant for her new album? I usually don't listen to her leaked material but Black Beauty is taking me there

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Paging Saintz:

Are the new leak tracks from Lana meant for her new album? I usually don't listen to her leaked material but Black Beauty is taking me there

I dont think so. There is around 50 or so songs left to leak from which was stolen from her but if its from the new album I'll be checking.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Paging Saintz:

I think they are from her new album, they sound TOO GOOD to be old demos ;______;

HOLLYWOOD IS GIVING ME LIFE ;____________;

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ibeFeOx7FU2qB0.gif
ibeFeOx7FU2qB0.gif
ibeFeOx7FU2qB0.gif

I feel bad for her stuff leaking so early, if true

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I think they are from her new album, they sound TOO GOOD to be old demos ;______;

HOLLYWOOD IS GIVING ME LIFE ;____________;

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I feel bad for her stuff leaking so early, if true

Mhmm Hollywood is lovely

I want her new album to be more Born To Die than Paradise. Hollywood's sound is promising but Black Beauty sounds like it could fit on Paradise

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mhmm Hollywood is lovely

I want her new album to be more Born To Die than Paradise. Hollywood's sound is promising but Black Beauty sounds like it could fit on Paradise

I agree. Paradise was a little too melancholic. :/ Born To Die had the perfect mix of songs.

I love upbeat Lana, that's why I'm loving Hollywood! She did mention something about Black Beauty once. I wonder what she'll do now that it has leaked.

EDIT:

Angels Forever slays too. yas yas yas yaaaaaasssss

ijzkWQSGAhCpH.gif

They were angels forever. Foreeeeeeeever angels.

ijzkWQSGAhCpH.gif

Kyon

Banned
Oh? What things?

That he is so pressed about every DUSTY RELIC that isnt RELEVANT and borderline DECEASED that his demented rage over anything and everything NEW and FLAWLESS makes him think everything is horrible.

Someone call the damn ambulance Robber is gonna have another meltdown about how his Legendary fave is so much better than everyone and that we are all lessors and he doesn't know why he even posts here.

The TIRED, EXPIRED, ELITISM and XENOPHOBIA is REAL.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Matt_'s new fave Selena Gomez, her new music video for Slow Down has leaked

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ahP84iaSvCg/?resourceId=0_06_02_99
iyS4saI3hYqDe.gif

Bitch.
Video was nice though, she looked really hot

You guys have to listen to

HOLLYWOOD

I'm crying at this retro perfection

http://i.minus.com/iHWnajbVt6m5I.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is really nice
I swear the amount of leaked songs we get from her she must be constantly writing

Not me thinking all this time that Body Party was Ciara's new album and planning to pay it dust [IMG]http://i.minus.com/iv0LiVmhBimIJ.gif
fake edit; Double RIP because I got the fucking name wrong and it's Body Music. I should be #NVAY
iv0LiVmhBimIJ.gif
iv0LiVmhBimIJ.gif

edit; Is the Deluxe Version worth it?

Nemesis_

I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmation, if I'm being honest. But DJ White Shadow will be the producer of the lead single from ARTPOP.

I will make an OT as I did with Born This Way's lead single about half a week prior to the official date (less if it leaks)

PRKzKuG.png

XTOYPSB.png

hVmXt18.png

For reference, he worked on these songs from Gaga, the bolded ones are the ones he solely worked on as lead producer (not including Gaga): -

"Americano"
"Bad Kids"
"Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
"Bloody Mary"
"Born This Way"
"The Edge of Glory"
"Electric Chapel"
"Government Hooker"
"Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"
"Cake Like Lady Gaga​

event.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Hmm
I dont know how I feel about DJWS doing the lead single
On the one hand he is responsible for some of BTWs highs, but hes also responsible for some of the shit as well

I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmation, if I'm being honest. But DJ White Shadow will be the producer of the lead single from ARTPOP.

For reference, he worked on these songs from Gaga, the bolded ones are the ones he solely worked on as lead producer (not including Gaga): -

"Bloody Mary"
"Government Hooker"
Well, since he worked on both of those songs, both of which slays lives lbr, then I have total faith that this first single will be epic etc.

Nemesis_

I will make an OT as I did with Born This Way's lead single about half a week prior to the official date (less if it leaks)

PRKzKuG.png

XTOYPSB.png

hVmXt18.png

"Americano"
"Bad Kids"
"Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
"Bloody Mary"
"Born This Way"
"The Edge of Glory"
"Electric Chapel"
"Government Hooker"
"Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"
"Cake Like Lady Gaga​

event.png

Of the four songs that were more or less his, I think three of them are pretty fantastic personally. But we'll see, I know what you mean for sure.

I find it odd this might be the first album without RedOne even featuring - despite him losing his touch he still gave us Hair, Judas and Scheisse. I hate Hair, but the other two were quite good too.

But at the same time I think RedOne has really, really, really stagnated as a pop producer so I am kind of happy to see he's not involved. But at the same time I hope that ARTPOP features more than just Garibay, Zedd and DJWS. They're great, but I feel like to truly "evolve" as an artist you should kind of shuffle things up quite a bit. Then again, there are a few producers Madonna kept with her along the way while still shuffling up her team, so if Gaga goes this route I think it might work out.

Zedd and Madeon might bring new things to the table, but I'm still hoping for more. Madeon did great work with Ellie on Stay Awake, so that has me a bit excited. I just hope Zedd's work with her will be a little less generic and EDM as the tracks on his album. But Gaga seems to take a lot of control in her music and it's production too, so I think her touch will make things good. She also works closely with her producers and they seem more tightly knit than the typical model for this kind of thing, so I guess that would help the creative process too.

If anything, the difference between 212 and Scream & Shout highlights how much the contributing artists count just as much as producers tbh.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think I could be fine with Lana doing an album mixing both Born To Die and Paradise styles if she does a nice build up. Im loving Black Beauty and Hollywood. Also I did noticed a few new things vocally that seems like improvement but I might be just a crazy stan. Snatch those wigs Lana Banana Del Rey!

Majmun

Discovered AlunaGeorge a few days ago thanks to you guys.

I am slayed. And I still haven't listened to Body Music yet.

Yeah he's almost as inconsistent as Garibay as far as his Gaga-related work, though I do love Government Hooker and Bloody Mary. He seems to have been promoted among Gaga's honchos though, most of the information we've learned about ARTPOP have come from him.

He seems to do moody-glam pretty well, but I still hope the first single is more upbeat. She needs something in the vain of Poker Face right now; no agenda, no connotation, just a catchy damn single. She can hit hard with the metaphors in the second single imo.

It's too bad RedOne isn't involved this time around. By far the best track record as far as the songs go.

@ Nem: I honestly do believe that RedOne's talents as a producer stagnate when he's working with people that don't take much creative direction. i.e. Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez. I think they're a lot more passive as far as what they want to channel in their own songs and I can wager that they just told him "make me a catchy song and I'll sing it" and let him start from scratch. The reason I think RedOne and Gaga make such a great team is because they balance each other out in terms of technical vs creative ability. Just like Jobs and Wozniak needed each other to make the Mac happen. lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
@ Nem: I honestly do believe that RedOne's talents as a producer stagnate when he's working with people that don't take much creative direction. i.e. Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez. I think they're a lot more passive as far as what they want to channel in their own songs and I can wager that they just told him "make me a catchy song and I'll sing it" and let him start from scratch. The reason I think RedOne and Gaga make such a great team is because they balance each other out in terms of technical vs creative ability. Just like Jobs and Wozniak needed each other to make the Mac happen. lol

I disagree, Slayships is amazing, so is Poison. His peak is Bad Romance but his other stuff is still amazing.

Matt_

Yeah he's almost as inconsistent as Garibay as far as his Gaga-related work, though I do love Government Hooker and Bloody Mary. He seems to have been promoted among Gaga's honchos though, most of the information we've learned about ARTPOP have come from him.

He seems to do moody-glam pretty well, but I still hope the first single is more upbeat. She needs something in the vain of Poker Face right now; no agenda, no connotation, just a catchy damn single. She can hit hard with the metaphors in the second single imo.

It's too bad RedOne isn't involved this time around. By far the best track record as far as the songs go.

Such truth
No faults. Not one.

Nemesis_

I disagree, Slayships is amazing, so is Poison. His peak is Bad Romance but his other stuff is still amazing.

I'm really not sure about Nicki's creative process, but I know that Nicole is rather hands on with all her stuff - it's one of the reasons she was frustrated with PCD and subsequently left.

Anyway, an official remix for Grown Woman has been released.

This release scheduling though

ioZE4dxedAfhE.gif

Oh and Kylie has said "my album's not going to be like that" when asked about Skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom