• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
The alberm is being released in the US on July 30th by Vagrant Records. Receipt.

I am beyond perched.

For those of you that have heard it, how is Body Music?

I just bought tickets to see them in September, so SO excited.

You best be believin'
Best be believin'
Best be believin'

Na-na-na-na-na

isMuvbRfvRMVW.gif

Bladenic

The alberm is being released in the US on July 30th by Vagrant Records. Receipt.

I am beyond perched.

For those of you that have heard it, how is Body Music?

I just bought tickets to see them in September, so SO excited.

So they're touring the US? I didn't know you were here for them.

Also how do you feel about Ciara's performance?

Icicle

So they're touring the US? I didn't know you were here for them.

Also how do you feel about Ciara's performance?

Yeah, they're going to almost all of the Pop-GAF cities.

Tours said:
AUG 30, 2013
FRIDAY Chicago, IL
North Coast Music Festival
SEP 01, 2013
SUNDAY Philadelphia, PA
Made In America Fest
SEP 03, 2013
TUESDAY Washington , DC
U Street Music Hall
SEP 05, 2013
THURSDAY New York, NY
Bowery Ballroom
SEP 06, 2013
FRIDAY Brookyln, NY
Music Hall of Williamsburg
SEP 07, 2013
SATURDAY Cambridge, MA
The Sinclair
SEP 08, 2013
SUNDAY Montreal , Canada
Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre
SEP 09, 2013
MONDAY Toronto, Canada
The Hoxton
SEP 11, 2013
WEDNESDAY San Francisco, CA
The Independent
SEP 12, 2013
THURSDAY Los Angeles, CA
El Rey Theatre
SEP 14, 2013
SATURDAY Detroit, MI
St Jerome's Laneway Festival

No excuses, we all have to go.

----------

I'm really happy for Ciara.

Basic Instinct opened at #44, so to rebound with a #2 is a huge accomplishment. The album is great, short and devoid of filler. I think this album will have longevity; Epic seems to be investing in her, and the album has quite a few single-worthy songs.

Ciara was either forgotten or a joke to many pop/R&B fans, even as recently as just a few months ago. Now she's back, her songs are charting well, and people are talking about her. The hardest part is past her now, even if the album's sales fall off quickly, she is well-positioned to come back in a big way with her next album.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, they're going to almost all of the Pop-GAF cities.

And managing to avoid the entire west coast of the US and Canada except for California? Oh well, I don't make a habit of going to see performers with only one album; just doesn't tend to be worth the hassle and money.

At least Body Music is really, really good.

royalan

Body Music has slayed me from the very first track.

I haven't even listened to the rest of the album yet, but Outlines is giving me everything I need out of a mid-tempo pop track right now. And something I'm really starting to appreciate about this duo is that all of their music is fresh and contemporary, but at the same time has this 90s something that's hard to place but is definitely there.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kaleidoscope Love is a definite stand-out. I really like Superstar, too, but not the chorus... giving me corny High School Musical teas ;__;

royalan

Your body is like music, baby.
I wanna play it again.

ibv0CagFmffzC8.gif

This song makes you wanna have sex. Like, right now. I didn't know AlunaGeorge had it in them.

royalan

damn im just playing this album on my laptop speakers and it sounds really really good

gurl

GURL

Get you some headphones!

Oh at all this praise. I guess I'll listen to this album despite not caring for anything they've released before.

Actually, I'm in the same boat. I was iffy on "You Know You Like It" and I flat out didn't like "Just a Touch", but I've warmed up to their style, and the album is really well put together. My biggest criticism of their sound (I felt their tracks tended to feel a bit "empty" at times) has been addressed by a lot of the tracks in the album. Really top-notch.

Koodo

Banned
Spe8JSk.png

I'm trembling.
i0lOKjxfBv6Zm.png

It's been over a year since my bussy was punched out by You Know You Like It. I wasn't expecting them to exceed the lofty expectations they've built up since then by this much.

THE UTTER SLAYAGE. Música in 2013 has officially starTed.

fair to middling lmao. this shit is dope.

Eh. She sings like GLaDOS with sinuses.

That's Rob for you. But one thing I <3 about Rob is that a week from now, we're he's completely changed his opinion and is stanning the album, he'll actually admit it in the thread.

This is true, but it's only happened with Q.U.E.E.N., and that's after I saw the video and she had some swagger and didn't act like a junkie going through the shakes.

royalan

Spe8JSk.png

I'm trembling.
i0lOKjxfBv6Zm.png

It's been over a year since my bussy was punched out by You Know You Like It. I wasn't expecting them to exceed the lofty expectations they've built up since then by this much.

THE UTTER SLAYAGE. Música in 2013 has officially starTed.

I'm right there with you.

q6UBR6R.png

The first great pop album of 2013 by an act I knew to check for.

This album is going in my work playlist, which is means I'll be listening to it at least 4 times a week for the next few months. This is the equivalent of winning a Grammy as far as I'm concerned. Really is a damn good album.

Standouts for me
Outlines
Attracting Flies
Kaleidoscope Love
Body Music

What genre would you consider this AlunaGeorge alberm? I'd say something like "downbeat chill house" if I had to categorize it.

I can tell it's very well-produced and the vocals are interesting, but I can't use a single track other than "This Is How We Do It" tbh. The mellowness of the album's vocals plus the mellowness of the album's beats is just too much mellow to handle.

Aluna should do more Disclosure features though...

fashion_nod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom