• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
First Interview of the new X factor judges

the chemistry isnt there yet for Kelly and Paulina like it is for Simon and Demi.
Simon does bring up 5H tho and will semi-hype you for their music
Simon said:

iyJ0VkFvDeiUs.gif

Kyon

Banned
.@Mari When Gagita isn't conceiving ALIENS and Swimming in birthing fluid you won't be saying shit. Sit down your fave will have ha turn

Also pregnancies/pregnancy is a BEAUTIFUL thing.

Now that's what a real pregnancy looks like.

ibjWfpaecJzFOE.gif

XBeyOne's Exclusive Feature: aerodynamics

fake_beyonce_bump.gif

Partition

Banned
I have been re-birthed. Bless you Mumei/EatChildren for the name change.

The #ARTPOP era is coming gurls. Prepare your wigs, I think we could have a good time.

ibgEQCC5raTCGq.gif

Partition

Banned
Lol, what if ARTPOP is terrible? What if it becomes your "Lotus Member"

Terrible isn't a word that exists with Gaga. She has yet to produce anything utterly terrible, and I know ARTPOP will be no exception. Gaga isn't coming off of a Bionic, despite what some people would like to believe.

Nemesis_

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

My struggle cross tho

And all those photos prove is that OH WOW WE CAN MAKE PREGNANCY BEAUTIFUL WITH PHOTOSHOP AND MAKE UP. Good work guys. :I

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just destroyed my Financial Accounting exam and I've had this flawless song on repeat since

Currently feel badder than bad bitch Celine

tumblr_luf7z1EGZd1qgm4ji.gif

edit;
However, keep in mind that insular, cliquey, exclusionary behavior won't be tolerated.

is this shade?

Looks like Lonely Island has a new direct competitor. The Remix the News guys from Youtube just released this parody pop song. I think it's a parody of Madonna's Hey Mr. DJ??

DJ play my song

It gets real interesting after 2:15 imo

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That summer girl bop that was posted yesterday has been taken down :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
CLICK

So, Bey is the most powerful celebrity on this planet AND now this.

DMJ's and kyon's fumes in 3...2........1

iCbPJELVhgWAE.gif

All that power and can't produce a top 10 hit. I'm not seething at all that my fave is an actual pop star. Yours can have meaningless awards if she wants them. Clearly she has no actual power or impact.

Nemesis_

So if money is power, then Janet Jackson and her partner are the most powerful, right?

iiw2TNRCF2Uik.gif

Because that's certainly what Forbes seems to care about most reading the description. All it seems to take is a trip to Cuba and a tour. What an achievement.

Basically I'd rather discuss music than these stupid awards

All that power and can't produce a top 10 hit. I'm not seething at all that my fave is an actual pop star. Yours can have meaningless awards if she wants them. Clearly she has no actual power or impact.

Oh sweetie.

I feel bad for #VEINY. All those hits she pumps out every year, and yet outside of the radio and iTunes charts nobody gives two shits about her as a musical presence. Beyonce hasn't had a top 10 hit since 2009 and she's still being relegated to labels such as "Queen of Pop," "Most Powerful Woman," and "Most Beautiful Musician." Meanwhile she gets a BILLBOARD award for "artist of the decade" even though at the time she didn't even HAVE a top 10 hit on Billboard, and was invited to the SUPERBOWL to perform in front of billions of people even though she didn't have a hit on the radio even then.

MEANWHILE your ratchet fave, who spends all of her time pumping out songs on a constant and treating her Instagram account like her very own personal drug cartel, can't seem to muster any recognition or RECALL from the mainstream because they seem to have relegated her to be "that lady on the radio." Maybe the lesson here is that having top 10 hits left and right don't really mean much if you don't have an actual talent, a niche, or a unique APPEAL to the masses.

Beyonce's done pretty damn well chart-wise through her career, but that's not what makes her what she is now. If you think that not having the same number of certifications as Rihanna is a hinderance to her in the big picture then you're deluding yourself, and you need to get your shit straight.

If you go up to any random sample of people anywhere in the world and told them who they thought was more successful, had more hits, or has had a more stable career, they will UNEQUIVOCALLY tell you it's Beyonce. Why?? Because like The Black Eyed Peas and Pitbull, nobody gives two shits about Rihanna as a person regardless of how many disposable songs she puts out on radio. Your idea of "IMPACT" is really just your mind convincing you that "top 10 hits = more successful." It means you've done better on the charts, but that's just one side of the musical cube. Articles I've seen that have proclaimed Rihanna as the record-holding performer have almost proclaimed them with a hint of surprise; just like those articles that announced all those Black Eyed Peas songs that got sold on iTunes. Why were these facts surprising?? Because people were fucking EMBARASSED for themselves.

So the next time you try to come for someone who was and still is the main TEMPLATE that your scraggly fave whorishly attempts to emulate on a constant, keep in mind that your bitch is sorely behind. We've learned now that top 10 hits (or a lack thereof) say absolutely SHIT about a musician if he or she doesn't have impact across a great deal of other categories. People constantly have distorted ideas of chart performance (just like people assume Bad Romance was number one on Billboard for like a year... it wasn't). But when someone is really fucking famous, it's observed much more easily because that person is EVERYWHERE. Your fave should probably work on carving out a plan for herself that can finally put those diamond certifications to use. Coz right now she's that long-lost Black Eyed Peas member who has thousands of hits under her belt that no one in the real world can probably recall, and past those fifteen minute increments on the radio might as well go off to pasture on a goat ranch and nobody would pay no mind.

All this nerve coming for a superior artist with real pop cultural impact. It'd be funnier if it wasn't so trite and embarassing. Keep your hits; I'm sure you'll need those statistics to remind people that this bitch existed at some point once everyone moves on to another half-naked, half-baked goat species that rounds up endless certifications with nothing to show for it.

royalan

I feel bad for #VEINY. All those hits she pumps out every year, and yet outside of the radio and iTunes charts nobody gives two shits about her as a musical presence.

I love you sis, but you're going to have to explain this one. Rihanna is EVERYWHERE here in Philly. Everyone knows her. Everyone talks about her. And not just her music. Her style, her love life, her drama with Chris Brown, everything.

I can go to a popular gay club here in Philly and practically every other song will be a Rihanna song. Whereas the DJ will MAYBE play the "Get Me Bodied (extended mix)" at the end of the night when the club is clearing out. Maybe. Beyonce has a legacy, and she's smart for marrying Jay Z which means she's guaranteed to be always be a presence even if she never does anything. But she's largely irrelevant to the average music listener, and it's been that way for years. Nobody talks about her.

Her tour will come to Philly, people will go to it because it's an event, but right after they'll all go back to talking about Rihanna - the current reigning Queen.

I love you sis, but you're going to have to explain this one. Rihanna is EVERYWHERE here in Philly. Everyone knows her. Everyone talks about her. And not just her music. Her style, her love life, her drama with Chris Brown, everything.

I can go to a popular gay club here in Philly and practically every other song will be a Rihanna song. Whereas the DJ will MAYBE play the "Get Me Bodied (extended mix)" at the end of the night when the club is clearing out. Maybe. Beyonce has a legacy, and she's smart for marrying Jay Z which means she's guaranteed to be always be a presence even if she never does anything. But she's largely irrelevant to the average music listener, and it's been that way for years. Nobody talks about her.

Her tour will come to Philly, people will go to it because it's an event, but right after they'll all go back to talking about Rihanna - the current reigning Queen.

Walk outside of the gay club and ask regular people who they think is more successful right now. People will think "Super Bowl" and "Inauguration," not "iTunes charts." Rihanna has a big presence at gay clubs because her songs are on the charts and the clubs play songs that are on the charts. My experience in Austin is the opposite with Beyonce. Rihanna songs playing is custom, but Beyonce songs playing is an event. Her songs and style are immediately recognizable and regardless of whether she has a hit right now or not, Beyonce's established herself as a pop culture staple that Rihanna has nowhere near come close to replicating. People I know who talk about Rihanna in general do so with a slight dismissive disdain towards her, and that's probably because she's done a shit job of marketing her image as something that isn't the real personification of syphilis.

Majmun

Soulscribe's post deserves a diamond star, tbh.

I mean...HOLY HELL. Best reading/dragging ever.

Coz right now she's that long-lost Black Eyed Peas member who has thousands of hits under her belt that no one in the real world can probably recall, and past those fifteen minute increments on the radio might as well go off to pasture on a goat ranch and nobody would pay no mind.

Nailed it

NVAY can brag about Rih's #1's. But being #1 is just for a short period of time. What happens next?

The current digital charts are really giving the wrong impression on impact. So many shitty songs get to #1 nowadays, and nothing sticks or will be remembered. Bey proves that you don't need 6822 #1 songs in one year to stay relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom