• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A Yo Cici, lemme show you how ta do a singin' bitch greasy.

I have no idea what that means, but idc

the song is FIERCE
ibag1HIuK7MLiZ.gif

edit;
BET's 106 & Park ‏@106andpark 21h
. @nickiminaj sneak disses @rihanna on @ciara's new single "I'm Out," and more in #THEBUZZ! --> http://bet.us/197KlTG

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ 21h
Damn fam, I wld expect a black channel to actually understand rap bars. Song is a male bashing song. FOH @106andpark @ciara @rihanna

edit2;
Not ciara instagraming a blury ass mess of her cover
http://instagram.com/p/ZoboMqSHp1/

It really is a great article. And Satch PM'd me first and I happened to have it opened in a tab at the time so part of my response included it.

Yeah the article is really interesting. I've been waiting for someone to psycho-analyze Beyonce's brand of sexuality versus Madonna's, and I'm glad they offer up a real defense for both. Thanks for the link :)

I've been hooked on Kelly Rowland's "Dirty Laundry". It's so good.

Let’s do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry
Let’s do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry
When you’re soaked in tears for years, it never airs out
When you make pain look this good it never wears out
This dirty laundry, this dirty laundry

iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif
iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif
iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif
iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif
iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
ahh.gif
At the HIVE STILL thinking that Rih only has radio and iTunes success. No, Rih is busy building an EMPIRE for herself. I guess the HIVE has conveniently forgotten that the recent releases of Rih's MAC cosmetics line, and her Rihanna for River Island were so successful, that they SOLD OUT (side-note: Rihanna for River Island summer collection is on sale now, catch it before it sells out, like her previous collection), much like her SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR. Is the hive also conveniently forgetting that aside from just selling singles and being the most played artist on the radio ever, she's just got done clocking her SIXTH platinum album this year? I find it funny that the hive has to CLING to 'mainstream recognition' of random blog x or random website y calling Bey the Queen of Pop. Not only is it fucking sad, it's shady to bitches that are actually closer to the throne than she'll ever be. The DELUSIONS to believe she is some Queen of Pop who can't even clock a minuscule amount of success from her last album is laughable.

And I also LOVE how the hive has to CLING to subjective statements like 'if you ask anyone, they would say Bey is more successful' since that actually can't be proven. They don't like actual STATS that prove it, like iTunes charts, Radio charts, Billboard 200 albums, tour receipts, because selling singles, albums, and selling out a world tour doesn't mean you have a successful career, somehow, asking random person X who has a more successful career is a better metric. Are the hive all this FUCKING STUPID, or is it only select ones that make ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING SENSE? Could it be that the HIVE don't like using actual stats, since Bey has been UNDER PERFORMING for the better part of the last THREE YEARS?

HM.

I thought that was P!nk, then thought it was Miley Cyrus, then gave up.

ahh.gif
At the HIVE STILL thinking that Rih only has radio and iTunes success. No, Rih is busy building an EMPIRE for herself. I guess the HIVE has conveniently forgotten that the recent releases of Rih's MAC cosmetics line, and her Rihanna for River Island were so successful, that they SOLD OUT (side-note: Rihanna for River Island summer collection is on sale now, catch it before it sells out, like her previous collection), much like her SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR. Is the hive also conveniently forgetting that aside from just selling singles and being the most played artist on the radio ever, she's just got done clocking her SIXTH platinum album this year? I find it funny that the hive has to CLING to 'mainstream recognition' of random blog x or random website y calling Bey the Queen of Pop. Not only is it fucking sad, it's shady to bitches that are actually closer to the throne than she'll ever be. The DELUSIONS to believe she is some Queen of Pop who can't even clock a minuscule amount of success from her last album is laughable.

And I also LOVE how the hive has to CLING to subjective statements like 'if you ask anyone, they would say Bey is more successful' since that actually can't be proven. They don't like actual STATS that prove it, like iTunes charts, Radio charts, Billboard 200 albums, tour receipts, because selling singles, albums, and selling out a world tour doesn't mean you have a successful career, somehow, asking random person X who has a more successful career is a better metric. Are the hive all this FUCKING STUPID, or is it only select ones that make ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING SENSE? Could it be that the HIVE don't like using actual stats, since Bey has been UNDER PERFORMING for the better part of the last THREE YEARS?

HM.

Try harder. Just like your fave should.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Conveniently, today is the 8th Anniversary of the release of Rihanna's first single "Pon de Replay". Yes, the barbadian sewer rat who has no impact, no success, and who no one cares for has been around for eight years. It has been said that her career would be over multiple times, but she has only gotten more and more successful as time has elapsed. Listen to her discography of #1s today in anticipation of 12 more #1s over the next 8 years

iheartrihannaslayingbbdxoi.gif

Try harder. Just like your fave should.

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

THE CLOCKING WAS SO MUCH FOR YOU THAT YOU GAVE UP. Goodbye

Mumei

ahh.gif

HM.

In fairness, these sobriquets have always been more someone referring to so-and-so with a title ("King of Pop", "Queen of Pop", "The Voice", "The King", etc.) followed general public acclamation as this is adopted as shorthand for that person. So Beyoncé could be considered closer by that metric

Majmun

Looks at Forbes' Most Powerful list

ctrl+f Katy Perry

0 results
ahh.gif

You are definitely overestimating the impact a #1 song has nowadays.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Surprised no one has brought up the receipts from Rihanna's flop tv show

also, I've been going through my favourites and found this little gem for the Dalai Lana. Truly a versatile and flawless artist

DMeisterJ

Banned
Looks at Forbes' Most Powerful list

ctrl+f Katy Perry

0 results
ahh.gif

You are definitely overestimating the impact a #1 songs has nowadays.

But no one said she had impact.

Not the HIVE proving that they can't read

ahh.gif

HANG IT UP, FLATSCREEN

GIVE IT UP HIVE

Rihposted for the HIVE. It's in picture form, but there are a few words you have to read to get it.

Move on to stage 5 Soul and Second. It will only hurt for a bit

1tdu77.png

20qujs.png

3hiumq.png

4u4ugp.png

504ufd.png

6jwuc9.png

Shamelessly stolen from ATRL

With the current tour receipts (31/31 sold out shows), Beysus and Soul are currently at stage 4. I wonder if they'll ever move to stage five.

Majmun

Can the NVAY explain how Bey still can sell out a WW tour (i.e. still being relevant) after not having a hit in over three years?

I thought having 5443 #1 hits were the metric of relevance?

And the Mrs Carter World Tour has 58 sold out dates. Check your info. LOL

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh sweetie.

I feel bad for #VEINY. All those hits she pumps out every year, and yet outside of the radio and iTunes charts nobody gives two shits about her as a musical presence. Beyonce hasn't had a top 10 hit since 2009 and she's still being relegated to labels such as "Queen of Pop," "Most Powerful Woman," and "Most Beautiful Musician." Meanwhile she gets a BILLBOARD award for "artist of the decade" even though at the time she didn't even HAVE a top 10 hit on Billboard, and was invited to the SUPERBOWL to perform in front of billions of people even though she didn't have a hit on the radio even then.

MEANWHILE your ratchet fave, who spends all of her time pumping out songs on a constant and treating her Instagram account like her very own personal drug cartel, can't seem to muster any recognition or RECALL from the mainstream because they seem to have relegated her to be "that lady on the radio." Maybe the lesson here is that having top 10 hits left and right don't really mean much if you don't have an actual talent, a niche, or a unique APPEAL to the masses.

Beyonce's done pretty damn well chart-wise through her career, but that's not what makes her what she is now. If you think that not having the same number of certifications as Rihanna is a hinderance to her in the big picture then you're deluding yourself, and you need to get your shit straight.

If you go up to any random sample of people anywhere in the world and told them who they thought was more successful, had more hits, or has had a more stable career, they will UNEQUIVOCALLY tell you it's Beyonce. Why?? Because like The Black Eyed Peas and Pitbull, nobody gives two shits about Rihanna as a person regardless of how many disposable songs she puts out on radio. Your idea of "IMPACT" is really just your mind convincing you that "top 10 hits = more successful." It means you've done better on the charts, but that's just one side of the musical cube. Articles I've seen that have proclaimed Rihanna as the record-holding performer have almost proclaimed them with a hint of surprise; just like those articles that announced all those Black Eyed Peas songs that got sold on iTunes. Why were these facts surprising?? Because people were fucking EMBARASSED for themselves.

So the next time you try to come for someone who was and still is the main TEMPLATE that your scraggly fave whorishly attempts to emulate on a constant, keep in mind that your bitch is sorely behind. We've learned now that top 10 hits (or a lack thereof) say absolutely SHIT about a musician if he or she doesn't have impact across a great deal of other categories. People constantly have distorted ideas of chart performance (just like people assume Bad Romance was number one on Billboard for like a year... it wasn't). But when someone is really fucking famous, it's observed much more easily because that person is EVERYWHERE. Your fave should probably work on carving out a plan for herself that can finally put those diamond certifications to use. Coz right now she's that long-lost Black Eyed Peas member who has thousands of hits under her belt that no one in the real world can probably recall, and past those fifteen minute increments on the radio might as well go off to pasture on a goat ranch and nobody would pay no mind.

All this nerve coming for a superior artist with real pop cultural impact. It'd be funnier if it wasn't so trite and embarassing. Keep your hits; I'm sure you'll need those statistics to remind people that this bitch existed at some point once everyone moves on to another half-naked, half-baked goat species that rounds up endless certifications with nothing to show for it.

iBJWbcoazNhmu.gif
iBJWbcoazNhmu.gif

iBJWbcoazNhmu.gif
iBJWbcoazNhmu.gif

THIS SCALPING

GET THE #NVAY SOME ROGAINE

Have you read this
? I linked Satch but I don't think I posted it in here. Royalan would enjoy it. :3
“You don’t see black versions of Lady Gaga crossing over to the extent that Beyoncé has or reaching her levels of success. Black artists rarely have the same privilege of not conforming to dominant image expectations.”

Solange, Beyoncé’s sister, who has gone for a natural-haired, boho, less sexified approach to her music, remains a niche artist, as do Erykah Badu, Janelle Monáe, and Shingai Shoniwa of the Noisettes, like so many black female artists before them. Grace Jones, Joan Armatrading, Tracy Chapman, Meshell Ndegeocello—talented all, but quirky black girls, especially androgynous ones, don’t sell pop music, perform at the Super Bowl, or get starring roles in Hollywood films.

Black women (and girls) have also historically battled the stereotype of innate and uncontrolled lasciviousness, which may explain why Beyoncé’s sexuality is viewed differently from that of white artists like Madonna, who is lauded for performing in very similar ways.

A Seattle Times review of a recent Madonna tour stop praises the artist for “rocking us as a feminist icon” and applauds the singer for her brazen sexuality: “stripping down to a bra, then pulling her pants down below a thong and baring her cheeks to the Key [Arena].” Even the Guardian’s Freeman, in an ode to Like a Prayer, the writer’s favorite album, speaks longingly about Madonna’s midriff-baring ’80s fashion and the video to the title track, which “featured a woman named Madonna apparently giving a blow job to a black Jesus.”

Through a career that has included crotch-grabbing, nudity, BDSM, Marilyn Monroe fetishizing, and a 1992 book devoted to sex, Madonna has been viewed as a feminist provocateur, pushing the boundaries of acceptable femininity. But Beyoncé’s use of her body is criticized as thoughtless and without value beyond male titillation, providing a modern example of the age-old racist juxtaposition of animalistic black sexuality vs. controlled, intentional, and civilized white sexuality.
iPZ76D7CwEScU.gif

I wonder if this is why I always see Rihanna referred to as all kind of rat faced, STD ridden, sluts here. Hasn't she been only linked to CB and maybe Drake? Props to the good sis Koodo for his tireless efforts to shine the light on actual whores like Taylor Swift.
</3
Like critiques of her sexed-up performances, response to Beyoncé&#8217;s recent pregnancy illustrates that black female bodies remain fodder for public gossip. Even with the devotion of mainstream media (especially the entertainment and gossip genres) to monitoring female celebrities&#8217; sexuality, &#8220;baby bumps,&#8221; and engagement rocks, the speculation about Beyoncé&#8217;s womb stands apart as truly bizarre. Almost as soon as the singer revealed her pregnancy at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, there was conjecture&#8212;amplified by a televised interview in which the singer&#8217;s dress folded &#8220;suspiciously&#8221; around her middle&#8212;that it was all a ruse to cover for the use of a surrogate.

The HBO documentary, which chronicled her pregnancy, failed to quiet the deliberation. Gawker writer Rich Juzwiak proclaimed, &#8220;Beyoncé has never been less convincing about the veracity of her pregnancy than she was in her own movie.... We never see a full, clear shot of Beyoncé&#8217;s pregnant, swanlike body. Instead it&#8217;s presented in pieces, owing to the limitations of her Mac webcam. When her body is shown in full, it&#8217;s in grainy, black-and-white footage in which her face is shadowed.&#8221; There is, in this assessment, a disturbing assumption of ownership over Beyoncé&#8217;s body. Why won&#8217;t this woman display her naked body on television to prove to the world that she carried a baby in her uterus?

The conversation surrounding Beyoncé feels like assessing a prize thoroughbred rather than observing a human woman, and it is dismaying when so-called feminist discourse contributes to that.
iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

Beyoncé&#8217;s public life, from the reveal of her pregnancy to the first photos of daughter Blue Ivy&#8217;s face, appears choreographed. And while many critics view that control as merely mercenary, it is well worth noting that this level of power is an achievement in an industry where &#8220;suits&#8221; retain significant control over &#8220;creatives.&#8221;

Beyoncé&#8217;s attention to her image may well be her way of moving within the boundaries and limitations of gender and race that Jackson mentions.
In GQ, Beyoncé noted, &#8220;I try to perfect myself.&#8221; A quest for perfection may not result in raw realness, but it just might keep a sister on top in a society still plagued with biases.
iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

This is why I fucks with Mumei. I wouldn't have even clicked on the link if someone else had posted it. Excellent article.

I wonder if this is why I always see Rihanna referred to as all kind of rat faced, STD ridden, sluts here. Hasn't she been only linked to CB and maybe Drake? Props to the good sis Koodo for his tireless efforts to shine the light on actual whores like Taylor Swift.
Did you miss the Wale's, the Meek Mills, the ASAP Rockys, the The-Dreams, the J Coles, the Kanye Wests, etc?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Those would all fall under the "lies, fairy tales, and fallacies" category. i.e.: just because a guy is seen with a girl they don't have to fuck.

Her longest relationship is with the top of the charts, tbh.

or when they've talked or leaked about sleeping with her, it's a lie because they weren't officially dating, because girls don't just go for a fuck every now and then.

This says more about you than anything else tbh
No, it says that
iqcvVk5IhQAup.png
, outside of popgaf, is known for posting interesting, thought provoking shit. It also says that I've clicked enough BS popgaf links to know better. When you all post something its usually some fangirly, sensationalist *confirmation bias* about how Gaga is the "TRUE QWEEN OF POP" or "LOOK RIHANNA IS A HO!!!" So excuse me for trusting
iqcvVk5IhQAup.png
and his links.

iDVaw2NeCveWi.gif

Cynosure

Oh sweetie.

I feel bad for #VEINY. All those hits she pumps out every year, and yet outside of the radio and iTunes charts nobody gives two shits about her as a musical presence. Beyonce hasn't had a top 10 hit since 2009 and she's still being relegated to labels such as "Queen of Pop," "Most Powerful Woman," and "Most Beautiful Musician." Meanwhile she gets a BILLBOARD award for "artist of the decade" even though at the time she didn't even HAVE a top 10 hit on Billboard, and was invited to the SUPERBOWL to perform in front of billions of people even though she didn't have a hit on the radio even then.

MEANWHILE your ratchet fave, who spends all of her time pumping out songs on a constant and treating her Instagram account like her very own personal drug cartel, can't seem to muster any recognition or RECALL from the mainstream because they seem to have relegated her to be "that lady on the radio." Maybe the lesson here is that having top 10 hits left and right don't really mean much if you don't have an actual talent, a niche, or a unique APPEAL to the masses.

Beyonce's done pretty damn well chart-wise through her career, but that's not what makes her what she is now. If you think that not having the same number of certifications as Rihanna is a hinderance to her in the big picture then you're deluding yourself, and you need to get your shit straight.

If you go up to any random sample of people anywhere in the world and told them who they thought was more successful, had more hits, or has had a more stable career, they will UNEQUIVOCALLY tell you it's Beyonce. Why?? Because like The Black Eyed Peas and Pitbull, nobody gives two shits about Rihanna as a person regardless of how many disposable songs she puts out on radio. Your idea of "IMPACT" is really just your mind convincing you that "top 10 hits = more successful." It means you've done better on the charts, but that's just one side of the musical cube. Articles I've seen that have proclaimed Rihanna as the record-holding performer have almost proclaimed them with a hint of surprise; just like those articles that announced all those Black Eyed Peas songs that got sold on iTunes. Why were these facts surprising?? Because people were fucking EMBARASSED for themselves.

So the next time you try to come for someone who was and still is the main TEMPLATE that your scraggly fave whorishly attempts to emulate on a constant, keep in mind that your bitch is sorely behind. We've learned now that top 10 hits (or a lack thereof) say absolutely SHIT about a musician if he or she doesn't have impact across a great deal of other categories. People constantly have distorted ideas of chart performance (just like people assume Bad Romance was number one on Billboard for like a year... it wasn't). But when someone is really fucking famous, it's observed much more easily because that person is EVERYWHERE. Your fave should probably work on carving out a plan for herself that can finally put those diamond certifications to use. Coz right now she's that long-lost Black Eyed Peas member who has thousands of hits under her belt that no one in the real world can probably recall, and past those fifteen minute increments on the radio might as well go off to pasture on a goat ranch and nobody would pay no mind.

All this nerve coming for a superior artist with real pop cultural impact. It'd be funnier if it wasn't so trite and embarrassing. Keep your hits; I'm sure you'll need those statistics to remind people that this bitch existed at some point once everyone moves on to another half-naked, half-baked goat species that rounds up endless certifications with nothing to show for it.

ibiJ8eQFj2Crhs.gif

R.I.P #NAVY

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jessie J "Wild" sounds pretty nice. I love the acoustic sound. Lets see how the studio version goes.

royalan

I agree with DMJ, of course.

I mean, I think it's actually sad that people still seriously try to come for her place in this industry. There comes a point where you just need to stop. Just stop.

Rihanna has met every requirement for Queen status. Every. Single. One.

Radio/Chart success. Check
Touring success. Check
Musical impact. Check
Cultural impact. Check
A success Brand. Check
Longevity: Check
The ability to successfully reinvent. Check
Truly global relevance. ChecK
Critical accolades. Check
A flop movie that people saw pretty much just to see her. Check

She has everything required to be a queen, and she's showing no signs of slowing down.

She WILL be an icon at this rate, and the fact that people are reduced to coming for her beat-unrivaled radio success as though it were a bad thing? Crazy.

cory64

Philly is the biggest collective Rihanna stan on the planet, Roy wasn't lying. She's inescapable, gay or mainstream.

and yes, she is an undeniable QUEEN.

oop @ soulsis using anecdotoreticals to prove ha point

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well Rihanna despite me not being a fan I can agree she has the receipts to be considered. "Queen".

royalan

All I'm saying is let Rihanna take a year off... Let the second half of 2013 and the first half of 2014 go without new Rihanna music. We'll see how her stanbase acts for real

Even that excuse is played out.

Rihanna has had more number 1s than most acts have top 10s

And she has been a fundamental artist during the rise of the digital age.

That's not just going to go away just because Rihanna takes a break.

Face it, the millennials are taking over, and Rihanna is THEIR Beyonce.

Mumei

Even that excuse is played out.

Rihanna has had more number 1s than most acts have top 10s

And she was a fundamental artist during the rise of the digital age.

That's not just going to go away just because Rihanna takes a break.

Face it, the millennials are taking over, and Rihanna is THEIR Beyonce.

... Aren't you a Millennial? Well, I suppose it depends on who you're asking. I've seen people born as early as the mid-80s called Millennials.

Also, does anyone have that gif of a girl being dragged by her hair outside?

DMeisterJ

Banned
People seem to forget that Rihanna took a break between GGGB: Reloaded and Rated R. Over a year actually. Then she came back with her highest first-week sales (at that time), another platinum album, and a smash single in "Rude Boy".

I can't imagine her taking a break after breaking more boundaries and achieving more success would result in the erosion of her fanbase. But continue to dream.

Fey

Banned
I agree with DMJ, of course.

I mean, I think it's actually sad that people still seriously try to come for her place in this industry. There comes a point where you just need to stop. Just stop.

Rihanna has met every requirement for Queen status. Every. Single. One.

Radio/Chart success. Check
Touring success. Check
Musical impact. Check
Cultural impact. Check
A success Brand. Check
Longevity: Check
The ability to successfully reinvent. Check
Truly global relevance. ChecK
Critical accolades. Check
A flop movie that people saw pretty much just to see her. Check

She has everything required to be a queen, and she's showing no signs of slowing down.

She WILL be an icon at this rate, and the fact that people are reduced to coming for her beat-unrivaled radio success as though it were a bad thing? Crazy.

p9mIMrI.gif
I don't understand how people can continue acting like Rihanna has/will have no impact. It still blows my mind that Rihanna is the 9th most successful artist in the world. I mean, you can blame it all on her yearly releases, etc. but it's impressive that she has managed to keep people interested in her enough to have so many successful eras in a row.

botty

Banned
p9mIMrI.gif
I don't understand how people can continue acting like Rihanna has/will have no impact. It still blows my mind that Rihanna is the 9th most successful artist in the world. I mean, you can blame it all on her yearly releases, etc. but it's impressive that she has managed to keep people interested in her enough to have so many successful eras in a row.

I think it's cause Rihanna hasn't really shown any creative or artistic merit. But the receipts don't lie, so hey. Her stans get what they want from her, so why fix something that ain't broke?

Christina's? It's on Alejandro's VEVO and her name was omited from the title. And there are no lyrics on this video.

lanapondersdau4c.gif

nnnnnnn

I just wanted an excuse to post my gif. ;-)

ibrFUJ4KkZ6a0E.gif

Can I have one more person completely miss my point so that I can round it up to a clean 5? lol

I honestly wouldn't have much to say about Rihanna if people didn't have the audacity to say she's comparable at this point to Beyonce. They're not in the same quadrant, category, or caliber. Rihanna has the record for hits and that's not anything to dispute, nor is it anything to scoff at. However at the end of the day it's evident from the fact that Beyonce is brought up pretty incessently when the topic of Rihanna comes up (while the reverse isn't true) that Rihanna fans are desperately trying to find a niche for her to claim.

I suppose because she's also a black woman who does a variant of R&B that she's suddently a threat to Beyonce. That has not been the case nor will it be. While Rihanna's success has increased over the years so has Beyonce's. The latter didn't need top 10 hits for her success to grow however, whereas the former obviously has depended on it. Beyonce still makes more bank, gets more high-profile endorsements, gets more critical acclaim, gets higher TV ratings, and (I assume) grosses higher on tour. What this tells me is that Rihanna is absolutely NO threat to Beyonce's trajectory, and that the two can co-exist without any forseeable overlap to contend.

Saying that Rihanna would replace Beyonce in any kind of category is ridiculous, because Beyonce's ultimate value to the mainstream and the music space is not something Rihanna has come close to beating, let alone competing with. Beyonce's success and recognition has become so colossal and profound that she gets the world's attention without even having a hit to release. And all that says to me is that she's surpassed the incessant need to prove your worth through top 10 hits.

Rihanna's at that place right now, and that's the place Beyonce was in during Destiny's Child. It's a preliminary step in the rise to power if you don't have any unique brand or special place in the music space. You just have to rely on getting good songs and releasing them in a timely way. Beyonce nuzzled her way out of that grind by going solo and marketing herself correctly (and she became an icon by album 3, mind you). You can call me once Rihanna gets there, but UNTIL she does, #NAVY doesn't need to run its mouth and jump to conclusions about someone who's too half-baked for all the achievements she already has. If she wants to come for Beyonce she needs to work on herself, coz right now she ain't cuttin' it for me.

Look at it this way. The last few years have had Rihanna going as hard as she could in the game, while the last few years have had Beyonce barely try. While Beyonce sits and nurses, Rihanna's out there doing every gig she can, taking advantage of every successful opportunity she can. Fast forward to where we are now and people are STILL proclaiming Beyonce the queen of pop. People are STILL buying tickets to see her show, and she's getting accolades, public praise, high TV ratings and the highest-profile gig in American television. If this is what Beyonce gets while she's being LAX, imagine how many weaves would get snatched if she was operating on the schedule that Rihanna was working in. Point blank, Rihanna is STILL getting clocked in every category that Beyonce's even relevant in. We'll see how things go once her album comes out, but until then Beyonce has her beat across every category where Beyonce has done so much as SHOWN UP to. Rihanna replacing Beyonce? My ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom