• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even that excuse is played out.

Rihanna has had more number 1s than most acts have top 10s

And she has been a fundamental artist during the rise of the digital age.

That's not just going to go away just because Rihanna takes a break.

Face it, the millennials are taking over, and Rihanna is THEIR Beyonce.

What i'm saying is Beyonce took some time off after her peak, and that's why she's not getting the pop accolades she used to. You're looking down on current Beyonce, not Single Ladies-era Beyonce before her 2 long breaks from being in the spotlight.

It's harder to smack the person who took your throne while you were away.

And all i'm saying is when Rih takes her bathroom break, she might lose her seat, also, and the same fickle pop stans are gonna be throwing shots at her too when she isn't as hot as she was.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Did anyone catch Mimi's and Miguel's performance of "#BEAUTIFUL" on GMA today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNd31JI6ReQ

ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

It's a LQ mess, but it still sounds
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

cory64

... Aren't you a Millennial? Well, I suppose it depends on who you're asking. I've seen people born as early as the mid-80s called Millennials.

Also, does anyone have that gif of a girl being dragged by her hair outside?

I usually define it by being old enough to remember 9/11 but young enough to not have been college-age then.

DMeisterJ

Banned
After completely selling out the North American leg of the Diamonds World Tour, Rih is now in Morocco, beginning the second leg of her tour in Morocco, then moving to Europe where she'll be until the end of July playing various sold out arenas and stadiums before moving on to Oceania in September

#shinebright

401872_10151512851294947_294796080_n.jpg

---

Smaller Unapologetic Update:

RIHANNA FEAT. FUTURE LOVEEEEEEE SONG 11,768 10 13,120 504,456

Loveeeeeee Song is now a gold single. Yes, non-single Loveeeeee Song slayed urban radio so hard, they played it and it managed to scan 500k copies sold without ever being officially released, performed, or promoted.

Rihanna's power

royalan

Can I have one more person completely miss my point so that I can round it up to a clean 5? lol

I honestly wouldn't have much to say about Rihanna if people didn't have the audacity to say she's comparable at this point to Beyonce. They're not in the same quadrant, category, or caliber. Rihanna has the record for hits and that's not anything to dispute, nor is it anything to scoff at. However at the end of the day it's evident from the fact that Beyonce is brought up pretty incessently when the topic of Rihanna comes up (while the reverse isn't true) that Rihanna fans are desperately trying to find a niche for her to claim.

I suppose because she's also a black woman who does a variant of R&B that she's suddently a threat to Beyonce. That has not been the case nor will it be. While Rihanna's success has increased over the years so has Beyonce's. The latter didn't need top 10 hits for her success to grow however, whereas the former obviously has depended on it. Beyonce still makes more bank, gets more high-profile endorsements, gets more critical acclaim, gets higher TV ratings, and (I assume) grosses higher on tour. What this tells me is that Rihanna is absolutely NO threat to Beyonce's trajectory, and that the two can co-exist without any forseeable overlap to contend.

Saying that Rihanna would replace Beyonce in any kind of category is ridiculous, because Beyonce's ultimate value to the mainstream and the music space is not something Rihanna has come close to beating, let alone competing with. Beyonce's success and recognition has become so colossal and profound that she gets the world's attention without even having a hit to release. And all that says to me is that she's surpassed the incessant need to prove your worth through top 10 hits.

Rihanna's at that place right now, and that's the place Beyonce was in during Destiny's Child. It's a preliminary step in the rise to power if you don't have any unique brand or special place in the music space. You just have to rely on getting good songs and releasing them in a timely way. Beyonce nuzzled her way out of that grind by going solo and marketing herself correctly (and she became an icon by album 3, mind you). You can call me once Rihanna gets there, but UNTIL she does, #NAVY doesn't need to run its mouth and jump to conclusions about someone who's too half-baked for all the achievements she already has. If she wants to come for Beyonce she needs to work on herself, coz right now she ain't cuttin' it for me.

Look at it this way. The last few years have had Rihanna going as hard as she could in the game, while the last few years have had Beyonce barely try. While Beyonce sits and nurses, Rihanna's out there doing every gig she can, taking advantage of every successful opportunity she can. Fast forward to where we are now and people are STILL proclaiming Beyonce the queen of pop. People are STILL buying tickets to see her show, and she's getting accolades, public praise, high TV ratings and the highest-profile gig in American television. If this is what Beyonce gets while she's being LAX, imagine how many weaves would get snatched if she was operating on the schedule that Rihanna was working in. Point blank, Rihanna is STILL getting clocked in every category that Beyonce's even relevant in. We'll see how things go once her album comes out, but until then Beyonce has her beat across every category where Beyonce has done so much as SHOWN UP to. Rihanna replacing Beyonce? My ass.

I wouldn't say Rihanna is where Bey was with destiny's child. Rihanna is a global solo superstar. Outside of a hit here or there they were largely local (NO SHADE, because I love DC).

And sis, you keep saying you don't know why the Navy keeps running to receipts...but then you say baseless things like "We'll see how things go once her album comes out, but until then Beyonce has her beat across every category where Beyonce has done so much as SHOWN UP to. " which FORCES the Navy to clock you with receipts because, face it, the facts just don't side with you right now. Like, at all.

And that's why you constantly run to arguments like, "well, if you ask so-and-so on the street" because you KNOW the facts don't side with you...

DMeisterJ

Banned
I wouldn't say Rihanna is where Bey was with destiny'a child. Rihanna is a global solo superstar. Outside of a hit here or there they were largely local (NO SHADE, because I love DC).

And sis, you keep saying you don't know why the Navy keeps running to receipts...but then you say baseless things like "We'll see how things go once her album comes out, but until then Beyonce has her beat across every category where Beyonce has done so much as SHOWN UP to. " which FORCES the Navy to clock you with receipts because, face it, the facts just don't side with you right now. Like, at all.

And that's why you constantly run to arguments like, "well, if you ask so-and-so on the street" because you KNOW the facts don't side with you...

#thatisall

sA7rV.jpg

Kyon

Banned
Xtina and Britney's magnum opus's?

YOUR TASTE. NEVER EVER LEAVE US

iboEs6yg1SLgos.gif

I wouldn't say Rihanna is where Bey was with destiny's child. Rihanna is a global solo superstar. Outside of a hit here or there they were largely local (NO SHADE, because I love DC).

Tell them

i4ooNaHmTVyGS.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It has come to my attention that it is summer (or almost) again

inFe8QeviQnBW.png

but should such a prestigious event be held again on a yearly bases
has the game really changed that much for a different outcome to be produced?

or do some of you just want to see if Xtina can actually be listed
discuss
iCNGNtFv0cdRB.gif

botty

Banned
It has come to my attention that it is summer (or almost) again

inFe8QeviQnBW.png

but should such a prestigious event be held again on a yearly bases
has the game really changed that much for a different outcome to be produced?

or do some of you just want to see if Xtina can actually be listed
discuss
iCNGNtFv0cdRB.gif

We have grown in numbers since then.

idjwUA8qvEBjV.gif

Artemisia

Banned
LET ME SEE

What love is made of...

GIVE IT TO ME

What love is made of...

THE RECIPE

What love is made of...

SO I CAN SEE

What love is made of...

;____;

Majmun

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Bring the Noize was also in the Matangi Mix, wasn't it?

Freee ddd FREEDOM
Freee ddd FREEDOM

or

Free ddd free them
Free ddd free them

Or something like that lol

Can't wait to hear it full

Majmun

Bey's new movie, Epic, seems to do good business at the box office. Tracking higher than The Hangover 3 and Iron Man 3

Forbes (power), ww tours(music), cinema (movies)

Slaying at everything
iYVpxY8rql9We.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bey's new movie, Epic, seems to do good business at the box office. Tracking higher than The Hangover 3 and Iron Man 3

Forbes (power), ww tours(music), cinema (movies)

Slaying at everything
iYVpxY8rql9We.gif

And lower than Fast Six.

If I recall correctly, the HIVE has told me that second place albums don't count for years, so neither do second place movies.

Kyon

Banned
uneducated hubris here

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

Cute that XBeyONE Stans aren't smart enough to know that that's not how receipt stanning for movies works.

An animated movie like that has to make about 300 mill to make a profit. It will never reach there so it's already a flop out the gate.

You tried.

tumblr_mn4m37VKw21qh8rjyo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom