• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
But who is that person in the banner?

ibgedrZxdijcLz.gif

We need to do another betting system on what the first week album sales will be but include all these people:

- Lady Gaga (ARTPOP)
- Britney Spears (MS DOS featuring Britney)
- Beyonce (I Am... Delayed)
- Katy Perry (High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- Rihanna (Memoirs of an STD Clinician)
- Justin Timberlake (40/40 Experience)

I'll put my guesses in later.

Mau ®

I missed all of you.

FqZoO.gif

Tho I did keep an eye every once in a while. Ya'll stayed messy, as per. I did the same too, as per.

I'm gonna check out Body Music as I've seen lots of good comments up in here. Pop music has been horribly boring lately tbh. While I was gone I mostly listened to House and Country, and of course the AMAZING AOTY Yeezus
worship2.gif

I may not be around as much because I now have two jobs (#PhuckYourEuropeanEconomy #SpanishLife) plus school next month. I'll make sure to be around and ya'll can count on me posting when I get high, which is not as frequent these days, sadly...ch...

Mau ®

I seen her a few weeks ago but was so far away that I only took one shit picture. The year before I was four from the front!

F0V0C.gif

How was it?

I'm dying to see the DWT. My dates were sold out pretty fast and I was poor. Tho I'm hoping I can see it soon in the second US leg, if I can afford it.

Trigger

Mau ®;71964881 said:
I may not be around as much because I now have two jobs (#PhuckYourEuropeanEconomy #SpanishLife) plus school next month. I'll make sure to be around and ya'll can count on me posting when I get high, which is not as frequent these days, sadly...ch...

I don't want summer to end. The Fall semester will soon be upon us. RIP

Zutroy

Mau ®;71967256 said:
F0V0C.gif

How was it?

I'm dying to see the DWT. My dates were sold out pretty fast and I was poor. Tho I'm hoping I can see it soon in the second US leg, if I can afford it.

She was good (and it was one of the dates with Guetta supporting!) but the crowd were damn distracting! Fights, people throwing up, girls taking a piss in the middle of the crowd, and some guy climbing the scaffolding and getting chased back down by security. She even told us to 'cut that shit out' and that she'd leave early if people didn't stop throwing stuff on stage
laughing-smiley-016.gif

3phemeral

Didn't he change his ways because Jennifer Aniston confronted him in like...a parking garage? The suicides helped him "change," but I swear I remember reading that she saw him, went up to him, and they had it out.

Honestly never heard of that. Then again, I don't keep tabs on anything related to him so it could be true. I just recall a reading an article mentioning how the those suicides started to get the celebrities to react, like Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Zachary Quinto, etc al to come out.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Any of y'all give Stars Dance a chance? Other than 'Like a Champion' I wouldn't discard anything else from the album. Very pleasantly surprised!

I dont even care but this album is getting an absurd amount of plays from me, all start to finish too
I agree that Champion is the worst song, extremely RIHductive

The rest is great though, all short (no tracks over 4min), happy dance bops. Exactly what I want from a pop album.
io6Hv4aouQAJW.gif

Welcome back ITZMau

edit; talking of rihanna telling her fans to cut shit out
Someone in Manchester kept chucking chips (fries for you other folk) at her
i6D7vJG0Ocws1.gif

Honestly never heard of that. Then again, I don't keep tabs on anything related to him so it could be true. I just recall a reading an article mentioning how the those suicides started to get the celebrities to react, like Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Zachary Quinto, etc al to come out.
I don't keep up with depressing news, but I can see how that could have an effect on someone. I remember the rash of coming's out and it's get better videos.
This part of the MDNA tour:
ibe7eqDapnh1iH.gif

was, IMO, profoundly moving and a good impetus as a call to action.

Nemesis_

As if the JT comparisons with RT weren't already damning :3

Actually I have a legit question about Robin Thicke - why isn't he more famous? Or is he only a local? The reason I ask is that here the only reason anyone would know who he is, is because he had this hit back in 1999.

But I assumed that Blurred Lines was his "comeback album" of sorts since I recognised the name but never heard anything about him before the.

But he's had almost four albums since his debut and since then remained unheard from (at least here) until Blurred Lines came out (and now radio is even playing his collab with Kendrick Lamar which is slaying quite a bit).

So is he local or does he just not promote his music......until now? I don't get it ;_;

alg-robin-thicke-paula-patton-jpg.jpg

Between him and his man-jawed man-wife (pictured above), Mr. Not So Thicke is going to have some busted-ass humanoid chill'run waddling around the playpen.

Ya'll be crazy. Jeeze, how can anyone slight Robin Thicke's looks? He's an adonis, and has aged much better than Justin Timbotox.

royalan

As if the JT comparisons with RT weren't already damning :3

Actually I have a legit question about Robin Thicke - why isn't he more famous? Or is he only a local? The reason I ask is that here the only reason anyone would know who he is, is because he had this hit back in 1999.

But I assumed that Blurred Lines was his "comeback album" of sorts since I recognised the name but never heard anything about him before the.

But he's had almost four albums since his debut and since then remained unheard from (at least here) until Blurred Lines came out (and now radio is even playing his collab with Kendrick Lamar which is slaying quite a bit).

So is he local or does he just not promote his music......until now? I don't get it ;_;

Robin's actually been pretty well-known within the R&B community since 2007 when his song "Lost Without U" hit number 1 on the R&B charts (#14 on the Hot 100).

Since then he hasn't gotten bigger because he hasn't really tried to. He makes low-key R&B albums because it's his passion and he's committed to the craft. A true Artist...unlike certain other pretenders who only make R&B albums when their label promises them unprecedented promo.

Nemesis_

Robin's actually been pretty well-known within the R&B community since 2007 when his song "Lost Without U" hit number 1 on the R&B charts (#14 on the Hot 100).

Since then he hasn't gotten bigger because he hasn't really tried to. He makes low-key R&B albums because it's his passion and he's committed to the craft. A true Artist...unlike certain other pretenders who only make R&B albums when their label promises them unprecedented promo.

Yes, well, I am two tracks into Blurred Lines and I'm not asleep so it beats the Narcolepsy Experience already.

For anyone interested both Blurred Lines and Stars Dance are available on Spotify right now - you can click to open the links.

I'm thinking of purchasing select tracks from Stars Dance since the whole thing definitely isn't for me, and there's at least one track from Blurred Lines that I'll already be buying..

GO LISTEN :3

Trigger

I didn't care for Blurred Lines (the album). Nothing really grabbed my attention, but it wasn't awful either. He's not an adonis, but I think he's attractive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom