• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
23 is Mike.Will.made.it's single not Miley's

iekdem3Leel3f.gif

oh.

Well I rescind my comment.

botty

Banned

Heartbeat - Ok I've heard this before. It's ok.

Chewing Gum - This song is good. Reminds me of Architecture in Helsinki's old music.

Me Plus One - Was this played in plug before? I know I've heard this too. I like.

IKUGHM - This production *.* -- is this why you like her so much?

SRMoY - Yessssss. this 80s song. And the video is str8 out of the 80s too.

IDLYB - Meh

Majmun

I'm not feeling AlunGeorge's new album. There's so much filler. I only like the songs that I knew of already and one or two of the new songs.

Disappointing.

Mau ®

Everybody told me love was blind
Then I saw your face and you blew my mind
Finally, you and me are the lucky ones this time

tumblr_mqbmhj1opE1rsge4jo1_500.gif

SaintZ

And people were asking for a collab
ahhrpqrg.gif

To be fair, it is a really old recording. Lana and Gaga have hung out in the Chataeu Marmont no? I don't think she feels the same way anymore.

botty

Banned
And people were asking for a collab
ahhrpqrg.gif

To be fair, it is a really old recording. Lana and Gaga have hung out in the Chataeu Marmont no? I don't think she feels the same way anymore.

Some monsters don't let things go. I mean... some are still pressed that Xtina legitimately did not know whether or not Lady Gaga was a man.

butterflies butterflies
we were meant to fly
you and i you and i
colors in the sky
when the innocence is dead and gone
these will be the times we look back on

ibvWkuEhfEmAho.gif

botty

Banned
I thought Katy wrote Wide Awake as an emotional outlet for breaking up with her husband and detaching herself from the illuminati... I guess I gave her too much credit.

ab6d3f1c.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
There was a video where Lana was asked if she was doing a collab with Gaga and she made a funny face. I screamed.

LANANUS is about to feel the wrath of the Monsters. We all know what happened to poor Kelly

Do we? I don't. What happened to Kellogs?

royalan

I feel bad for Bonnie McKee.

I legit want to stan her. Because I've been here for her since her song "Somebody" was a free download on iTunes in 2005 and nobody knew HEW the fuck she was.

But she's falling into the trap a lot of songwriters fall into when they're try to get their own shine: trying to get hits with songs that sound like they were meant for other people. "All American Girl" is cute, but it sounds like a Katy Perry song. As much as it sucks, Bonnie, your sound is now associated with other acts. And you can do all the interviews you want about how you're the mastermind behind all these bops but, at the end of the day, nobody gives a fuck. This has happened to so many other songwriters in the past, being treated like "me too" artists when in reality they were responsible for the bops we've been listening to all this time. Just ask Jessie J, she's the most recent songwriter to suffer this fate. And if Bonnie continues to live in the SHADOW of other artists she made relevant instead of getting her own lane, the same will happen to her. Which is a shame, because she's incredibly talented.

That's why I respect Sia so much. Despite the sheer number of artists she's collaborated with at this point, nothing she's created for other artists sounds like the music she makes for herself.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I feel bad for Bonnie McKee.

I legit want to stan her. Because I've been here for her since her song "Somebody" was a free download on iTunes in 2005 and nobody knew HEW the fuck she was.

But she's falling into the trap a lot of songwriters fall into when they're try to get their own shine: trying to get hits with songs that sound like they were meant for other people. "All American Girl" is cute, but it sounds like a Katy Perry song. As much as it sucks, Bonnie, your sound is now associated with other acts. And you can do all the interviews you want about how you're the mastermind behind all these bops but, at the end of the day, nobody gives a fuck. This has happened to so many other songwriters in the past, being treated like "me too" artists when in reality they were responsible for the bops we've been listening to all this time. Just ask Jessie J, she's the most recent songwriter to suffer this fate. And if Bonnie continues to live in the SHADOW of other artists she made relevant instead of getting her own lane, the same will happen to her. Which is a shame, because she's incredibly talented.

That's why I respect Sia so much. Despite the sheer number of artists she's collaborated with at this point, nothing she's created for other artists sounds like the music she makes for herself.

mhm

It's why Ester Dean will always be a flop.

If she writes a song, and Stargate produces it, it immediately sounds like a song Rihanna turned down if it's not Rihanna on the track. It's not like writing music doesn't pay well though, so there's no reason to feel bad for them.

royalan

mhm

It's why Ester Dean will always be a flop.

If she writes a song, and Stargate produces it, it immediately sounds like a song Rihanna turned down if it's not Rihanna on the track. It's not like writing music doesn't pay well though, so there's no reason to feel bad for them.

#OOP

Ch, I forgot ALL ABOUT Ester Dean, and she's probably the BIGGEST example. The sheer NUMBER of bops she had a hand in behind-the-scenes, and from MULTIPLE genres. But every time she puts out a track it sounds so #Late...even though the trends she's late to were likely created by her.

A damn shame.

EDIT: I mean DAMN, just look at Ester's resume!

Esther Renay Dean (born April 15, 1986), known by her stage name Ester Dean, is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer. Her 2009 single "Drop It Low" featured singer Chris Brown. Dean has also written or co-written songs for many artists including Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Beyoncé, Priyanka Chopra, Mary J. Blige, Nicki Minaj, Kelly Clarkson, Ciara, The Pussycat Dolls, Usher, Kelly Rowland, Girlicious, Rihanna, R. Kelly, Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, Pia Toscano, Tinie Tempah, Lil Wayne, Machine Gun Kelly and Eurovision Song Contest 2012 winner Loreen.

And yet she can't find a single hit for herself...

DMeisterJ

Banned
^ o hi

#OOP

Ch, I forgot ALL ABOUT Ester Dean, and she's probably the BIGGEST example. The sheer NUMBER of bops she had a hand in behind-the-scenes, and from MULTIPLE genres. But every time she puts out a track it sounds so #Late...even though the trends she's late to were likely created by her.

A damn shame.

Yeah I ran to Wiki too to check her credits, and found out she was the lead writer on 7/11 tracks on Talk That Talk.

Trigger

I'm mildly fascinated in this Paris/Young Money partnership. I can't imagine them investing in her and letting her be a flop. So whatever happens in the next weeks we should get a decent single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom