• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Royalan's response tbh

Speaking of Roy, I need ha response on this too:
iQ2WpLpZnojgc.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That review was SCATHING

Completely forgot about the MTN cover though. I did a google image search and that didn't show up so it confused me
I wonder why radio 1 were using that as the picture for the single

Oh and Despicable Me 2 >> every other film this summer
tumblr_molisvvg8F1sr29lfo1_400.gif

Fey

Banned
Oh Fey sis. What are you gonna do if Maya isn't in AA5? Or
if she's dead :O

I assume it's already been revealed if she's in by importers or Japanese players, but I haven't looked it up.

i saw spoilers. i couldn't help it.

its difficult to maintain the emotions i felt.

edit2: nvm

royalan

Speaking of Roy, I need ha response on this too:
iQ2WpLpZnojgc.jpg

You see, I know you posted this review to clock me, but putting that aside, can you HONESTLY read this review and tell me that it's NOT full of shit?

I mean, first off, where's the actual music review? This is nothing but an opinion piece on Robin Thick's character and his perceived misogyny. Reading this crap, I'm pretty sure the reviewer only listened to Blurred Lines and then skimmed through the rest (it's the ONLY song he references in the entire review).

I said this MONTHS ago, the second Robin Thicke started being labeled sexist for the Blurred Lines music video I knew his album was going to be panned no matter what it sounded like. I hate these types of reviews because--and I'mma keep it real--Xtina gets them a lot. Reviews that spend more time putting the artist "in their place" than actually giving an opinion on the product they just put out.

Whoever reviewed that should be just as embarrassed they imply Robin should be.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Are you even serious? She looks ropey as hell here.

In absolute sincerity she usually looks youthful, if cheap and tacky, but here she's serving up some serious Bonnie Tyler realness.

[edit]Oh and I'm glad that Robin Thinne's being a dumb cunt is biting him in the ass.

royalan

Are you even serious? She looks ropey as hell here.

In absolute sincerity she usually looks youthful, if cheap and tacky, but here she's serving up some serious Bonnie Tyler realness.

[edit]Oh and I'm glad that Robin Thinne's being a dumb cunt is biting him in the ass.

You're kidding yourself if you think Xtina looks anything less than supremely hot in that image.

...wut?

I mean...

I suppose I don't hate it...

I think it's kinda cool as a stand-alone image, actually...

But I'm trying to find a common thread among everything we've seen from the ARTPOP era so far, and I'm just not seeing it. Everything seems so messy, thematically.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I'm loving the look of this era so far. Obvious Leigh Bowery touchstone. Classy compared with BTW but just a touch of trash. I'm perchedT.

You're kidding yourself if you think Xtina looks anything less than supremely hot in that image.

Given that neither of us are well-equipped to judge and you would say Xtina looks hot even if she were eating flakes of skin from her elbows, I think we'll agree to disagree.

Fey

Banned
According to the article, Gaga doesn't want people to think there's a common theme with ARTPOP since she's "every icon."

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If Xtina had done that you'd be coming up with 101 reasons to hate it.

The 'if' is truly carrying the weight of the world on its shoulders here, since I don't know if Xtina is capable of anything so understated. Nevertheless the closest that she came, the Bionic-era looks, are by far and away her best. So no, I wouldn't be inventing 101 reasons to hate it, but part of the reason I have no time for Xtina is that she is not an artist who would ever do such a thing.

royalan

According to the article, Gaga doesn't want people to think there's a common theme with ARTPOP since she's "every icon."

Oh right, there's an article.

“I want to know. What do you see?” asks Lady Gaga, her voice carrying a combination of genuine curiosity, press-savvy flirtation and inherent provocation. The image in question, debuted to WWD, is the cover of Gaga’s new single “Applause,” the first from her forthcoming third studio album ARTPOP, to be released Nov. 11 through Interscope records. Shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, the photograph is colorful, emotional and theatrical, capturing Gaga with a Pierrot-esque face, her rainbow of makeup artfully smeared and her hair covered under a head wrap. Asked to explain the image at the outset of a phone interview last Friday, Gaga immediately turned the question around: “I need to get your reading first,” she says. “Otherwise it’s not art.”

Ugh, I hate when Gaga gets pretentious like this.

Gaga, hate to break it to you, but when showed up to an awards show dressed in a gown made of meat, you lost the ability to provoke artistic discussion by wearing faux-kabuki makeup. Stop. Just Stahp.

royalan

The 'if' is truly carrying the weight of the world on its shoulders here, since I don't know if Xtina is capable of anything so understated. Nevertheless the closest that she came, the Bionic-era looks, are by far and away her best. So no, I wouldn't be inventing 101 reasons to hate it, but part of the reason I have no time for Xtina is that she is not an artist who would ever do such a thing.

Oh?

sogDa0C.jpg
mP2sVkB.png

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But I'm trying to find a common thread among everything we've seen from the ARTPOP era so far, and I'm just not seeing it. Everything seems so messy, thematically.

BYE what happened to the theme of all the flawless photos we were getting up until now?

I'm an artist, I assign to things that are popular
I place a new meaning on that which already exist

ARTPOP can mean anything, the auras will come
iD5nahVDA3bTp.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Bless, Xtina actually looks pretty great without the irradiated Cheeto-esque glow of spray tan. She should try the au naturelle look more often.

Godels, you're sexually attracted to the poor brave homeless man in your avatar. Please refrain from trying to judge what is and what isn't "hot."

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how much hotter Jakey is than your fave.

The 'every icon' comment really makes me feel I'm on the money with my Leigh Bowery comparison.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
tidbits from the article

about the hip surgery
“My injury was actually a lot worse than just a labral tear,” she says. “I had broken my hip. Nobody knew, and I haven’t even told the fans yet. But when we got all the MRIs finished before I went to surgery there were giant craters, a hole in my hip the size of a quarter, and the cartilage was just hanging out the other side of my hip. I had a tear on the inside of my joint and a huge breakage. The surgeon told me that if I had done another show I might have needed a full hip replacement. I would have been out at least a year, maybe longer.”

Perriot is in the video
Van Lamsweerde and Matadin shot the “Applause” video about a week ago in Los Angeles. The photographers, who were introduced to Gaga when they shot her first V cover in 2009, have since worked on several fashion films for her. This is the first time they’ve shot a music video for her. Gaga chose the cover image from the video shoot because she thought it showed a different side of her performance, a vulnerable part that the public doesn’t often see. “It’s the end of the night after the show,” she says. “When I look at it I see that there is a longing for the applause. I see that there is a void that is leaking onstage, that the performer is leaking, that the art is sort of becoming something else in front of your eyes. Something more human, something more honest.”

About the music
As for the music, details are at a premium, but despite the tears and pantomime face, “I’ll tell you that it is very fun,” she says. “And that it’s full of happiness, because what I’m saying in the song essentially is that I live for the applause. I live for the way you cheer and scream for me. Give me that thing that I love. Put your hands up, make them touch.”

About the conflicting images
As the title suggests, “the point [of ARTPOP] is that art and pop can have an exchange,” says Gaga. Van Lamsweerde said she and Matadin have an image bank of 300 photos that they will try to edit down with Gaga and “put it out there, whether in a museum, on the Internet, for a single cover or for the press — it all will have its moment.”

“When you watch each image and you watch each thing come out, they might not look exactly the same,” says Gaga. “[I’m not] defined by the same designer or defined by the same hair cut or defined by the same icon. The statement is that I’m not one icon. I’m every icon. I’m an icon that is made out of all the colors on the palette at every time. I have no restrictions. No restrictions.”

exciting times

Trigger

As for the music, details are at a premium, but despite the tears and pantomime face, “I’ll tell you that it is very fun,” she says. “And that it’s full of happiness, because what I’m saying in the song essentially is that I live for the applause. I live for the way you cheer and scream for me. Give me that thing that I love. Put your hands up, make them touch.”

Bless.

The "Applause" single cover is sooooooo fricken good. I love it.

OMG at GaGa's hip surgery being that severe. :(

I'm happy that the music on ARTPOP is fun. I still want some dark songs, though.

botty

Banned
“And that it’s full of happiness, because what I’m saying in the song essentially is that I live for the applause. I live for the way you cheer and scream for me. Give me that thing that I love

tumblr_moczkfzz1x1qeiv9jo2_r1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom