• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTzB8Vy3eWrJT.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
??? I'm not quite following you
ferjctouze.gif

But yeah, Let Go was a WW success. Her only flop (so far D:) has been Goodbye Lullaby:

Albums (U.S.-based):
6,841,000, "Let Go" (2002)
3,144,000, "Under My Skin" (2004)
1,715,000, "Best Damn Thing" (2007)
368,000, "Goodbye Lullaby" (2011)

The difference between The Best Damn Thing and Goodbye Lullaby
riz043qux5.gif
At least it sold 1 million WW

I seemed to have suffered a minor stroke when I wrote that post
Sold*
Heres to Never Growing Up**

I must have read the best damn thing just before I started typing or something

Screaming at this
there a video?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I seemed to have suffered a minor stroke when I wrote that post
Sold*
Heres to Never Growing Up**

I must have read the best damn thing just before I started typing or something

Screaming at this
there a video?

Here

So many gif worthy moments

Oh god, Avril pulled an Azealia Banks by deleting all traces that "Rock N Roll" was hitting iTunes today. The song has been on YT for two weeks already, dammit!

I thought that by moving to Epic from RCA she would be a priority to LA Reid but I'm not sure anymore. The era has been messy so far.
I like "Rock N' Roll", so this mess saddens me.

I think she just needs to delay her album. Come back next year when no one but flops are releasing albums and slay the world once again. Maybe by then she'll have divorced Chad and can write a bunch of dark songs.

THIS too

The third single of her worst selling album.

ETA well with the exception of Judas.
"Wish You Were Here" is such a damn good song. The best song on that album.

I actually like this. Justin is so handsome too. Those ankles, tho...

royalan

Except it is used as a form of voting to affect the results right.

As per usually the worst singing show on TV is about everything BUT the music.

The Voice is ALL about the music. They select a higher grade of talent, end up with more diverse talent, boast a larger band than any other show and the songs the contestants actually sing on the show are longer.

The Voice is all about providing a quality weekly music SHOW. Post-show careers are clearly secondary, and that's why The Voice is now the #1 singing competition in the country.

#Neaux1curr about boring-ass "we make real stars" Idol. So you can stay pressed and help AI find more room up its ass for sticks. *.*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Voice is ALL about the music. They select a higher grade of talent, end up with more diverse talent, boast a larger band than any other show and the songs the contestants actually sing on the show are longer.

The Voice is all about providing a quality weekly music SHOW. Post-show careers are clearly secondary, and that's why The Voice is now the #1 singing competition in the country.

#Neaux1curr about boring-ass "we make real stars" Idol. So you can stay pressed and help AI find more room up its ass for sticks. *.*

A fan of The Noise calling other singing shows boring. The shade simply writes itself.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What's wrong with her face?

From what I can tell, nothing
But every time her head is shown in the video, its either at a funny angle or the lighting is so dark you can't really make anything out

At first I thought they were trying to mimic that Jessie Ware video where she sits and the camera spins round her, but idgi

royalan

A fan of The Noise calling other singing shows boring. The shade simply writes itself.

I don't know about the UK, but the US version of the show officially snatched the crown as of last season. And I KNOW you're not defending Idol NOT being boring. Sis, last season was such a snooze-fest the ratings swandived from 1st to 4th place, half the production staff was let go AND 3 of the judges. So bye with that foolishness. The Voice clocks. The end.

botty

Banned
I don't know about the UK, but the US version of the show officially snatched the crown as of last season. And I KNOW you're not defending Idol NOT being boring. Sis, last season was such a snooze-fest the ratings swandived from 1st to 4th place, half the production staff was let go AND 3 of the judges. So bye with that foolishness. The Voice clocks. The end.

TKO ha

iPHHyarBP23vM.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I would imagine all American talent shows are merely different tiers of boredom, but the setup of The Noise alone precludes it from being anything other than an absolute bore.

Trigger

The Voice is the #1 show in the country because of the people judging the show. Most people can't even name the winners or contestants. Even if they've won the battle for ratings in the short term it's never going to have the legacy that Idol's built in the long term.

It's like a Miley stan arguing that Xtina's crown has been snatched because WCS is charting better than Your Body.
bhuHH.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Decent. Everything about this is trying pretty hard to emulate a more US-centric sound, though, and that's disappointing. I like my Swedish bops to retain their country's pop aesthetic tbh.

Yeah, I definitely hear that too.
why do they never show her face though?

I guess it's just an artistic choice. The song's theme is escaping/leaving somewhere and you don't usually remember someone's face when that happens or you are looking at them from an angle when you are traveling with them. Maybe that explains it *.*

royalan

The Voice is the #1 show in the country because of the people judging the show. Most people can't even name the winners or contestants. Even if they've won the battle for ratings in the short term it's never going to have the legacy that Idol's built in the long term.

It's like a Miley stan arguing that Xtina's crown has been snatched because WCS is charting better than Your Body.
bhuHH.gif

Ch...like anybody's going to remember the contestants from last season's Idol.

People can say what they want about The Voice, and it's true that its largely the judges who sell it, but not even an all-star panel of judges can make a bad show watchable. Idol proved that last season.

The Voice judges have great chemistry, but the drama is also perfectly framed and they consistently pick the best talent on TV to put on a good show. The entire show works.

Frankly, at this point I don't care that The Voice hasn't created a star yet. I'm just glad the producers care enough to not bore me to tears each week. Unlike Idol, which has gotten so up its own ass about its pedigree that it forgot how to be fun. Again, the proof is in the ratings.

Matt_

I wonder if the members of 1D will be blessed with aging looks like Mcfly was

From this

2003+(this+one).jpg

to this

Mcfly-Attitude-72.jpg

Trigger

NKTB >>> grown up boy bands.

Ch...like anybody's going to remember the contestants from last season's Idol.

People can say what they want about The Voice, and it's true that its largely the judges who sell it, but not even an all-star panel of judges can make a bad show watchable. Idol proved that last season.

The Voice judges have great chemistry, but the drama is also perfectly framed and they consistently pick the best talent on TV to put on a good show. The entire show works.

Frankly, at this point I don't care that The Voice hasn't created a star yet. I'm just glad the producers care enough to not bore me to tears each week. Unlike Idol, which has gotten so up its own ass about its pedigree that it forgot how to be fun. Again, the proof is in the ratings.

I agree with the bold. The pressures of keeping up their image has really impeded things with Idol.

So, GQ is a men's magazine with the usual men's stuff (mansion, entertainment, women, that sort of thing), and the next issue's cover stars are One Direction.

Some of the fandom did not take the covers well. (fair warning, borderline NSFW due to advertising of the current issue of the mag, featuring a topless photograph of Rita Orta on the cover. That said, scroll to the bottom, because the madness continues in the comments)

Trigger

So, GQ is a men's magazine with the usual men's stuff (mansion, entertainment, women, that sort of thing), and the next issue's cover stars are One Direction.

Some of the fandom did not take the covers well. (fair warning, borderline NSFW due to advertising of the current issue of the mag, featuring a topless photograph of Rita Orta on the cover. That said, scroll to the bottom, because the madness continues in the comments)

OMG

I'm dying at some of these

HARRYS COVER SAYS HE UP ALL NIGHT TO GET LUCKY. @BritishGQ YOURE MAKING HIM SOUND LIKE A WHORE. HES NOT A FUCKING WHORE YOU STUPID CUNTS.

Waffles pls

Matt_

GQ NEEDS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I BREAK MY GLASS NAIL FILE IN TWO AND STAB THEM IN THE EYES

So inventive
Four for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco

bhuHH.gif

I thought you would know better than to spout untruths around me Trigger sis.

The Voice was beating out Idol by the end of the season, but not only was it certainly NOT the #1 show on television (not sure where you pulled that from), and if you average out all the episodes over the season Idol and The Void have the EXACT same rating 18-49, and Idol is ahead in the overall ratings by over a million.

I don't deny that at the end of the day The Voice pulled ahead, but it is pulling ahead of a neutered and depressed Idol. Its ratings on their own are not that impressive.

Idols ratings cannot be shit without The Voices also being shit.

cory64

Lbr Cher can only tell the difference between Xtina and every other female celebrity under 40 because they worked on a movie together.

botty

Banned
Ironic coming from the person who came in dead last in the first round of the predictions contest.

What was your JT prediction again? 200k?

You're forgetting that I didn't actually want to take part in the prediction contest, and I did it to be supportive of you. I know I suck at making predictions x_x, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize my fellow bad predictors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom