• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 million records over 4 years isn't that impressive considering Xtina has 8 million since 2010.

10 million was a random number I threw out since I didn't feel like figuring out the real number, but I knew it was above that.

Realistically she is pushing 20 million, but I am not 100% sure of Stronger's (the single) international numbers.

.....and Floptina is not at 8 million. You do not get to count collaborations as equal to solo records. If we do that then I will include Kelly's Jason Aldean collaboration, which would certainly push her past 20 million records.

cory64

10 million was a random number I threw out since I didn't feel like figuring out the real number, but I knew it was above that.

Realistically she is pushing 20 million, but I am not 100% sure of Stronger's (the single) international numbers.

.....and Floptina is not at 8 million. You do not get to count collaborations as equal to solo records. If we do that then I will include Kelly's Jason Aldean collaboration, which would certainly push her past 20 million records.
I was talking US.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Did we ever get the results of the JT round? Or is ther enot much point because we were all so wrong
Also waffles if you were looking for another person to add to the second round of predictions Azealia will be out by the end of the year

What happened to the Gaga rate too? Is that still happening?

botty

Banned
Did we ever get the results of the JT round? Or is ther enot much point because we were all so wrong
Also waffles if you were looking for another person to add to the second round of predictions Azealia will be out by the end of the year

This would be basically playing "guess a number between 1-1000"

Waffles, what are the rankings for the predictions at this point?

With only 1 result, and it being for the mess that was 20/20 it stands as follows:

1. Lastinline
Trigger
3pheMeraLmiX
Artemisia
Royalan
Soulscribe
Fey
Supermanisdead
Cory64
Pupi18
Koodo
Wafflecakes
Christopher
Matt_
Stefan
Marius
Crumpet Trumpet
Aguila
Second
moulels
Weapxn
Botty

Oh Azaelia would be messy. I will keep ha in mind.

The mods blessed ha when he made the thread for BSE.

Bless ha. The good sis should participate in my 1D discography rate
9f1de191.gif

Reposting the rules for predictions thread.

Ok so lets make these predictions a little bit funner.

Rules/Procedures:
1. Make your predictions before the first single of the album is released (excluding JT or other surprise releases). I choose the cutoff dates and may be flexible depending on the circumstances at my discretion.
2. You may change your predictions by posting in popgaf or by PM. If banned you can use Plug/ATRL/Last.fm
3. I will include NO MORE than 8 albums total in the predictions contest. I choose which albums are included.
4. Your two worst predictions (or two albums that you fail to provide predictions for) will be dropped.
5. Winners will be determined by what percentage off of the actual sales the predictions are. (A prediction of 150k where the actual sales are 200k would be off by 25%)
6. We will be going off the official Billboard/HDD tallies. Billboard will get priority.
7. In the case of a tie on an individual round the win will go to whoever is closest on the next album release.
8. I reserve the right to adjust rules as needed.

Prizes:
1st Place: $20 Amazon/Itunes Gift Card
2nd Place: $10 Amazon/Itunes Gift Card
Winner of each round: $5 Amazon Gift Card

Seeing as it looks like Katy will be the first to hit I need to start gathering predictions for her. I would like to try to close predictions BEFORE the album promo kicks in.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
20k is a lot for someone whose music has gone un-purchased since her debut.

I have faith! People seemed to like the ep at least, and her album should at least get some promo from interscope

I'll say 285k315k for Katy Perry, she should definitely be up from teenage dream

Trigger

I'll go 500K for Ms. Perry and her upcoming wig-slayer known as Prism. lastinline lucked out because no one could have guessed that the promo would be so intense for 20/20. I still like ha though. *.*

cory64

Some features are more valid than other, you have to count either all of them or none of them.

Decade so far (US)
Rihanna: ~40 million records
Taylor: ~35 million records
Katy: ~30 million records
Gaga: ~25 million records
Kelly: ~11 million records
Christina: ~9 million records
Beyoncé? lol.

botty

Banned
Some features are more valid than other, you have to count either all of them or none of them.

Decade so far (US)
Beyoncé? lol.

Telephone.

Trigger

Decade so far (US)
Beyoncé? lol.

Slaaaaaaaaay. Rih and Taylor are such Queens.

I have faith! People seemed to like the ep at least, and her album should at least get some promo from interscope

I'll say 285k315k for Katy Perry, she should definitely be up from teenage dream

I'll go 500K for Ms. Perry and her upcoming wig-slayer known as Prism. lastinline lucked out because no one could have guessed that the promo would be so intense for 20/20. I still like ha though. *.*

I predict 470k for Katy Kat.

Gotcha.

Matt_

I predict 470k for Katy Kat.

I was going to go that high but then I saw that Teenage Dream only did 190 in it's first week and Unapologetic did 240

What's Capital Record's history like with their promo?

royalan

bye

she won't sell more than 350k

Bitch I'm coming for your #4 spot.

Actually, something in my gut just tells me that Katy is going to come BIG with this album. I don't think Katy or her people fully realized her potential with Teenage Dream (people were still thinking she was going to be a one-hit wonder after I Kissed a Boy) until the singles were already out and slaying. Now that's she's a proven audience draw, I feel like her label's going to give her a lot of fanfare. PRISM is going to slay.

Artemisia

Banned

Actually, something in my gut just tells me that Katy is going to come BIG with this album. I don't think Katy or her people fully realized her potential with Teenage Dream (people were still thinking she was going to be a one-hit wonder after I Kissed a Boy) until the singles were already out and slaying. Now that's she's a proven audience draw, I feel like her label's going to give her a lot of fanfare PRISM is going to slay.

This is a good point. She was never a force in the pop world until Firework I would say, which was released after the album came out.

But I still don't see her as an artist to open with big numbers. That's the case for a lot of pop artists nowadays, even when they manage to lead with a big single. I think she will open modestly and continue to sell consistently, sort of like Rihanna and P!nk.

Matt_

Really?

I remember when she revealed at the 2010 VMAs with that short a cappella snippet. It was a cool moment that, of course, ended up being a pandering mess, but whatever. There are definitely better songs on BTW than the title song.

I've never seen that
The meat dress was really quite something
Wake Me Up is climbing fast on iTunes and its already a smash around the world

slay
just dont get too big and block my fave
ibwkUiTTuI5GPp.gif

I wouldn't even be angry, the song is great

Vashetti

Banned
I hope Gaga has learnt that she can't release a single to radio/iTunes/whatever, and then release the video 6 weeks+ later.

The video needs to be ready to go as soon as the single is out.

Heck she should debut the single with the video.

Who am I kidding though, Applause will release on the 19th and the video will be out sometime in October.

Trigger

Actually, something in my gut just tells me that Katy is going to come BIG with this album. I don't think Katy or her people fully realized her potential with Teenage Dream (people were still thinking she was going to be a one-hit wonder after I Kissed a Boy) until the singles were already out and slaying. Now that's she's a proven audience draw, I feel like her label's going to give her a lot of fanfare. PRISM is going to slay.

Mmhmm. This tea.

Artemisia

Banned
Ok I'm lowering my prediction to 300k.

I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to pray Katy will sell more than she is likely to.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I hope Gaga has learnt that she can't release a single to radio/iTunes/whatever, and then release the video 6 weeks+ later.

Who am I kidding though, Applause will release on the 19th and the video will be out sometime in October.

Well the video has been shot already, I bet it comes out on the third week after release to keep the momentum going

Matt_

Our resident insider said the video will be out sooner than we think
And it's already been filmed so if it isn't out in August I'd be really surprised.
Still think either the 19th or the 26th. Capitalise on the actual release of the single or the VMA performance

Ok I'm lowering my prediction to 300k.

I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to pray Katy will sell more than she is likely to.

Oh good, I'm not the lowest anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom