• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Straight guys are less likely to call an attractive female a panderer than gay men are to females. Gays aren't attracted to Gaga. Straights see Xtina and think "... Well at least she's hot."

I could never see a straight guy seeing a Maxim cover and being like "PANDERER!!!" Lol

That isn't my point. All I am saying is: I don't think Xtina goes to these photo shoots with the intent to get men off to her, like godels is implying. A woman can be sexy and show off her body for herself. It's not like she's doing playboy where the blatant and obvious intent is for men to see her as something they want to get off to/have sex with.

Unless I am to believe Xtina went into that Maxim shoot thinking "I'm going to be extra sexy so that men see this and just want to fuck me." I am going to go with my gut and think Xtina went into that shoot and thought "I'm going to slay this photoshoot cause I am healthy, thin, and beautiful... The haters can suck it cause I am a Legend."

Well.. in my mind at least.

But yeah, I am not going to fall in line and say Xtina is pandering to men just because she did a sensual photoshoot showing off her banging bod.

botty. ........ . ..............................

xoxxxo

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Your blind hatred for Xtina is reaching pupi-levels incomprehensible Just stahp.

ibjWfpaecJzFOE.gif

This isn't even about Xtina though. I just find it a bit frustrating that whenever somebody does something 'for' the gays you refer to it as pandering. It reminds me of straight people who ask a gay person to 'tone down the gay' for mentioning a hot guy immediately after a conversation about tits.

For instance, you once called Frank Ocean a panderer for posting a topless photo on Instagram. Maybe he just wanted to empower himself and own his sexuality. But then your fave splashes her body over the page of a magazine read almost exclusively by straight men and you do not regard it as even similar. Doing things for the gays = pandering. Doing things for the straights = not pandering.

botty

Banned
This isn't even about Xtina though. I just find it a bit frustrating that whenever somebody does something 'for' the gays you refer to it as pandering. It reminds me of straight people who ask a gay person to 'tone down the gay' for mentioning a hot guy immediately after a conversation about tits.

For instance, you once called Frank Ocean a panderer for posting a topless photo on Instagram. Maybe he just wanted to empower himself and own his sexuality. But then your fave splashes her body over the page of a magazine read almost exclusively by straight men and you do not regard it as even similar. Doing things for the gays = pandering. Doing things for the straights = not pandering.

You just said Gaga was pandering, so clearly you conclusion is bull. Oh and as for Francis... The same guy who used to be homophobic and say things like "no homo"

Mr2APSt.png

Then he comes out and is marketed as "brave."

And Lest you forget that I also called out Justin Bieber and Miguel for straight pandering, too. And I even retracted my stance on Macklemore's song being a pandering song.

Get over it. Not here for this anti-straight agenda.

inxxPl3sjRnz.gif

That isn't my point. All I am saying is: I don't think Xtina goes to these photo shoots with the intent to get men off to her, like godels is implying. A woman can be sexy and show off her body for herself. It's not like she's doing playboy where the blatant and obvious intent is for men to see her as something they want to get off to/have sex with.

Unless I am to believe Xtina went into that Maxim shoot thinking "I'm going to be extra sexy so that men see this and just want to fuck me." I am going to go with my gut and think Xtina went into that shoot and thought "I'm going to slay this photoshoot cause I am healthy, thin, and beautiful... The haters can suck it cause I am a Legend."

Well.. in my mind at least.

But yeah, I am not going to fall in line and say Xtina is pandering to men just because she did a sensual photoshoot showing off her banging bod.

xoxxxo

1) if she was doing a photoshoot for herself then she could just hire someone to photograph her at her home.

2) If she didn't want to pander to men then she wouldn't agree to a magazine that obviously appeals to horny straight men. She would do what Gaga does constantly and poses for Vogue and Vanity Fair. That's not to say that Gaga doesn't like pandering to straight men too, but sexual charisma was never at the root of Gaga's aesthetic like it is with Xtina.

xoxo

Yado

You just said Gaga was pandering, so clearly you conclusion is bull. Oh and as for Francis... The same guy who used to be homophobic and say things like "no homo"

Then he comes out and is marketed as "brave."

Saying "no homo" is more idiotic than it is homophobic.

royalan

1) if she was doing a photoshoot for herself then she could just hire someone to photograph her at her home.

2) If she didn't want to pander to men then she wouldn't agree to a magazine that obviously appeals to horny straight men. She would do what Gaga does constantly and poses for Vogue and Vanity Fair. That's not to say that Gaga doesn't like pandering to straight men too, but sexual charisma was never at the root of Gaga's aesthetic like it is with Xtina.

xoxo

But is Maxim/GQ/etc any different these days?

I mean, maybe in the past, before the internet, it could be said that posing for a men's magazine was largely pandering to a male audience because that was usually the only audience that would buy the magazine (and thus, see the pictures). But, nowadays, I think it could be argued that posing in ANY magazine is all about the general exposure, seeing as the pictures are going to end up all over the net and completely devoid of the context of the magazines they came from.

I mean, I could pull up 5 random photos of Gaga, Beyonce, and Christina off of Google and, barring those that may be from some super iconic shoot, do you think you would know which magazine they were originally shot for?

Not to mention if you're in the closet, you're trying to blend in with straight people, hence say the kinds of things that they say, e.g. 'no homo'.

LOL, sis...they say?

Between this and some of your posts in the Robin Thicke thread, I'm starting to wonder if you have an irrational hatred of straight men.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;73847783 said:
dwt83.jpg

The Black Madonna has added two more dates to her SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR. She's added her hometown of Barbados and a stadium in Puerto Rico.

- Hiram Bithorn Stadium, San Juan, Puerto Rico – October 29, 2013
- Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados – November 1, 2013

This is the beginning of her Latin American tour, which is mostly composed of stadium dates according to sources. A few stadium dates in Brazil have already leaked.

The black Madonna selling out more and more dates. I love how she is a global touring force, and can continue to sell records and clock hits unlike some others.

botty

Banned

xoxo

Just for the record, are you agreeing with the stance that Xtina took the Maxim photoshoot in order to pander to men?

Between this and some of your posts in the Robin Thicke thread, I'm starting to wonder if you have an irrational hatred of straight men.

Why does it have to be irrational? Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are straight men, but lets not for an instant act like straight men are a beacon of goodwill and fellowship. Even our straights stay toeing the line between good humor and bad manners. Let me not go off on another rant though.

ibvTi9vTgf3ukw.gif

But is Maxim/GQ/etc any different these days?

I mean, maybe in the past, before the internet, it could be said that posing for a men's magazine was largely pandering to a male audience because that was usually the only audience that would buy the magazine (and thus, see the pictures). But, nowadays, I think it could be argued that posing in ANY magazine is all about the general exposure, seeing as the pictures are going to end up all over the net and completely devoid of the context of the magazines they came from.

I don't agree with this at all. Market categories and target demographics have gone nowhere at all recently; though it's easy to assume that lines have been blurred because of the web which may have affected magazine SALES, but hasn't shifted any DEMOGRAPHICS at all with certain magazines. Fashion will always appeal to one subset, Men's Interest will always appeal to another subset, Women's Health to another, etc.

royalan said:
I mean, I could pull up 5 random photos of Gaga, Beyonce, and Christina off of Google and, barring those that may be from some super iconic shoot, do you think you would know which magazine they were originally shot for?

I honestly believe that I would know. Gaga would not do the Vogue look for Maxim. Christina wouldn't do a bra and panties look for Vogue.

@botty: I'm not plainly saying that Christina's pandering to men and that she should be victimized for it, I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in how people are evaluating this. Gay men don't really respond as strongly to a woman looking demure in her underwear as they would to a woman looking sexy but strong, bold, threatening, etc. Christina's method of sexuality is the same kind of sexuality that Carmen Electra, Britney Spears and Pamela Anderson try to evoke. They're bombshells. And while they're gay icons in their own right, when they get into their skivvies and pose for MAXIM MAGAZINE they're doing it for male attention. Point blank period.

EDIT: And there's nothing wrong with that by the way. Especially for someone like Christina who's been smeared all over the media for being fat and unattractive. If she's got it, let her flaunt it. But let's call a spade a spade; it's blatant pandering to the majority base, and that's how it is.

botty

Banned
Why does it have to be irrational? Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are straight men, but lets not for an instant act like straight men are a beacon of goodwill and fellowship. Even our straights stay toeing the line between good humor and bad manners. Let me not go off on another rant though.

Disturbing. But explains a lot.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

ibvTi9vTgf3ukw.gif

This ain't right boo boo. lol

botty

Banned
Well, when you are the "representative" in popgaf, is it any wonder why there is a general distrust, hatred and repulsion of straights?

All I see are 1...2...3... gyals who are displaying some irrational seething in a party of maybe 20+ members of a community. You can try, but you'll have to go through all my privilege before you can make a dent.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Nemesis_

Be sure to pre-order the Bonnie McKee written track, ROAR, from the upcoming album PRISM from KATY PERRY on iTunes.

ibjBfmtQC4TrXr.gif

Screaming at this exposure of straightred

royalan

I don't agree with this at all. Market categories and target demographics have gone nowhere at all recently; though it's easy to assume that lines have been blurred because of the web which may have affected magazine SALES, but hasn't shifted any DEMOGRAPHICS at all with certain magazines. Fashion will always appeal to one subset, Men's Interest will always appeal to another subset, Women's Health to another, etc.

I think you're focusing too much on the target audience of the magazines. I'm thinking more of the effect that the internet has on the distribution of the images. Someone like Christina Aguilera does Maxim, who do you think is making the images go viral? What type of blogs are going to do posts on the images the next day -- men's blogs or gossip/celebrity blogs? Who do you think is operating the dozens of fansites and tumblr blogs that will archive and make graphics using the original images? The same people that make up the pop enthusiast/stan demographic. My point is that, thanks the the internet, this demographic has a bigger footprint than the traditional target demographic of whatever magazine we're thinking about, nor does it care about where the images came from. It's all exposure.

botty

Banned
I think scribe has his mind made up about why they do those magazines...

And while they're gay icons in their own right, when they get into their skivvies and pose for MAXIM MAGAZINE they're doing it for male attention. Point blank period.

It's an interesting point, and we're all entitled to our opinions on the matter, but unless we know what's really going on in their heads... whose to say?

I think you're focusing too much on the target audience of the magazines. I'm thinking more of the effect that the internet has on the distribution of the images. Someone like Christina Aguilera does Maxim, who do you think is making the images go viral? What type of blogs are going to do posts on the images the next day -- men's blogs or gossip/celebrity blogs? Who do you think is operating the dozens of fansites and tumblr blogs that will archive and make graphics using the original images? The same people that make up the pop enthusiast/stan demographic. My point is that, thanks the the internet, this demographic has a bigger footprint than the traditional target demographic of whatever magazine we're thinking about, nor does it care about where the images came from. It's all exposure.

Good point. :)

blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave blahblahblah tidal wave

That psycho broke my Xbox doing that

That was a joke based off of what godels said. So what do "we" really know...
VjvlV.gif

"We" know that someone is "irrationally seething" at you quite often because of something you said. "We" know that your response to said seething is often times met with a flippant "/shrug" or an invite to ignore you. "We" can deduce that you don't care about being offensive, or that being offensive is part of your agenda to stir the pot, and then fall back and play innocent. You don't try to understand our point of view. Since so often jokes have a shred of truth to them, "we" assume you don't care. I patiently await your one sentence brush off.

ibbUwaHUgXS2XK.gif

botty

Banned
"We" know that someone is "irrationally seething" at you quite often because of something you said. "We" know that your response to said seething is often times met with a flippant "/shrug" or an invite to ignore you. "We" can deduce that you don't care about being offensive, or that being offensive is part of your agenda to stir the pot, and then fall back and play innocent. You don't try to understand our point of view. Since so often jokes have a shred of truth to them, "we" assume you don't care. I patiently await your one sentence brush off.

ibbUwaHUgXS2XK.gif

Well, this "we" you speak of is a very small minority in this community. I offered a solution to this problem when I suggested to zankara that he ignore me...and anyone else who needed to to do so. Surprise, surprise... I couldn't have been too offensive since I have remained unignored and continue to have discussions and share news with the poor brave souls who were so offended by me suggesting someone was "gay pandering." The sheer and utter crime of such a suggesting. But to say that I "don't care" or shrug it off is wrong since I have substantially cut down on making those remarks, and even attacked francis exclusively for his music because of all the happy meal tears that was flooding this community. My only problem with this kind of nitpicking is that this community, in general, is blatantly offensive in many ways, but the only time complaints and running to mumei is made is when it "offends me." It's totally ok to call her ugly, fat, a clown, etc due to an invisible line we all make in our heads of what is pushing it "too far." I mean... the blatant straight hate is kind of offensive. And calling straight guys "queens," "closeted," etc.. isn't exactly polite. And even if any of the straight members were gay, is it not offensive to shame them for being closeted or make those type of jokes? I don't really mind because I can take the joke and I can take the accusation and dust it off my shoulder. I would also like to know when I've played innocent cause I don't recall backing down from anything I've said, though the idea of me being malicious with my intent is hilarious.

#icicle
ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom