• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

The only good thing about The Shame is the singles. And I Like It Rough. The rest of the album can burn tbh.

...but that's most of the album though. Most albums these days WISH they could have 5-6 solid bops.

I can't believe you run a Lady Gaga fansite while speaking such blasphemy.

predict 450k for katy perry

such slay

wow

tumblr_mqpf0xKGfW1rsmn3yo1_500.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Americano under Electric Chapel and BTW.

yall aint shit

thisthisthis

Electric Chapel is bottom 5 material and Americano slays.

edit; also this page is a damn mess. Gays v Straights and people talking about people who i've never heard of being violent lesbians. MESS

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
LOL, sis...they say?

Between this and some of your posts in the Robin Thicke thread, I'm starting to wonder if you have an irrational hatred of straight men.

I don't have an irrational hatred of straight men.
Some of my best friends are straight.

I'm not suggesting that all straight guys say borderline homophobic things like 'no homo', or that gay people never say it. I'm just saying that it's predominantly straight guys who say it because—well actually I take it to be pretty obvious why. That's the import of the 'they', not simply trying to tar every straight person with the same brush.

And my point in the Robin Thicke thread—aptly demonstrated by the thread—is that bad things are popular if there's tits involved. Again, I don't think it's likely to be gay men who are buoying such popularity, no? Also my post in that thread was somewhat tongue-in-cheek anyway.

Anyway, I guess I'm done with this argument for now, the thread moved on while I was asleep. But god so help me if any of the rest of you refer to something that's just matter of course for straight people as 'pandering' if someone does it for the gays.

ibxSHeoo51X0ln.gif

[edit] My morning listening is Will Young's excellent 'Echoes'. I wonder what he's doing now. I hope he makes another album and builds on this. It's truly excellent, and we could always do with more solo male singers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgd-b8X3meA

BluWacky

[edit] My morning listening is Will Young's excellent 'Echoes'. I wonder what he's doing now. I hope he makes another album and builds on this. It's truly excellent, and we could always do with more solo male singers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgd-b8X3meA

PopGAF lurker here, but Will Young's had a loooooong career by most standards since winning Pop Idol in 2003. You know Echoes is his fifth album (excluding his greatest hits collection)?

He's just played the Emcee in Cabaret, nominated for the Olivier (Britain's biggest theatre award) and I think he's doing that again in the near future having left his record label last year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
PopGAF lurker here, but Will Young's had a loooooong career by most standards since winning Pop Idol in 2003. You know Echoes is his fifth album (excluding his greatest hits collection)?

He's just played the Emcee in Cabaret, nominated for the Olivier (Britain's biggest theatre award) and I think he's doing that again in the near future having left his record label last year.

Yeah, I'm from the UK myself. I never really got into his stuff until Echoes though, the singles from that album were just perfecT.

Shame to hear that he's not doing any music any time soon...Echoes is absolutely amazing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bless him getting some practice in for his future career

He's already been in music for 10 years though.

Or as some people would put it, for two decades.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

[edit] Eaux, in case any of you heaux wanted more reason to check it out, the album is produced by Richard X, who you might recognise most recently from Annie's A&R EP.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
He's already been in music for 10 years though.

Or as some people would put it, for two decades.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

[edit] Eaux, in case any of you heaux wanted more reason to check it out, the album is produced by Richard X, who you might recognise most recently from Annie's A&R EP.

I know
I still remember seething that he won over Gareth Gates
Talent shows used to be so much more interesting in the early 2000s

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I know
I still remember seething that he won over Gareth Gates
Talent shows used to be so much more interesting in the early 2000s

Funny that even though the shows weren't designed to be "all about the music" they still managed to find artists that were more musically interesting than the shows that followed.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Partition

Banned
...but that's most of the album though. Most albums these days WISH they could have 5-6 solid bops.

I can't believe you run a Lady Gaga fansite while speaking such blasphemy.

I actually hated Gaga during The Fame era. Didn't become a fan till Bad Romance. Now that I am a fan, I can recognize that TF singles were bops - but the rest of the album is still pretty terrible and basic. I don't have to like everything she does because I run a fansite. The GagaDaily admin doesn't even like her at all.

Matt_

Hey pop-gaf, who is this woman?

http://youtu.be/vFzYHuVLdl8

I have no idea but I've had her on repeat since someone posted her a page or two back

Also I've listened to Body Music finally
Admittedly I've only had it on in the background while I play Dota, but nothing really stands out to me. The album is nice enough but I wouldn't rate it as high as many of you are

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Another disgruntled ex-stan vents her frustration at the reused choreo and lack of new music on the Mrs Carter World Tour:

What is the Beyst doing trashing her reputation like this? She'll have no fans left by the time she's done.

Over on the Digital Songs chart, we have a new No. 1: One Direction's "Best Song Ever" crashes in with 322,000 downloads sold.

Biggest debut of the year.

....and still in the top 10 I might add, but I thought 1D's sales were frontloaded?

(For comparison. "Baby I" debuted the same day, went to #2 on itunes right behind 1D, and is now in the 70's.)

SaintZ

Speaking about Cici
Discount 'Goodies': Ciara's New Album Being Hawked on Groupon

Ciara's self-titled new album has generally been seen as some sort of return to prominence for her. The Atlanta singer spent a year fighting through a number of false-start singles, which themselves came on the heels of her worst-selling LP, 2010's Basic Instinct. Ciara spawned "Body Party," her biggest hit in ages and has spun off another single, the Nicki Minaj-starring "I'm Out," to help her momentum decelerate at a respectably slow pace. But someone at her label, Epic, must not be happy with her first-week sales of 58,000, because it's come to this: Ciara's album is now available on Groupon.

That's right! You have three days left to order the following two-CD bundle featuring Ciara and an almost-greatest hits collection titled Playlist: The Very Best of Ciara. The double-disc offer is available for the discounted price of $13.99, which, to be honest, doesn't seem that cheap at all. You can order her new album on Amazon for just $8 and make a playlist of her hits on, say, Spotify. That is unless you're dying to own a physical copy of this weirdly assembled cash-in that features random mixes of hits you may have once loved. But why would you want that?

Nonetheless, Ciara's life seems to be going pretty well. She was recently in the Bahamas and driving a Bentley, not to mention the fact that she's dating Future. How bad can things really be?

ciaraserved4nk4r.gif

Bless ha for still trying.

Matt_

lmao wii u, RIP RIP RIP.
but dont act like yall wont be slayed by wonderful 101

I won't be. A wii U shall never enter this household
And I doubt I'll ever see one in someone else's either
ih6wDtCUYpiKj.gif

Kudos to 1D. I never thought that they would sustain their success this long

Trigger

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nawt Groupon

And that whole article thoroughly kills any interest in the "deal'.

Biggest debut of the year.

....and still in the top 10 I might add, but I thought 1D's sales were frontloaded?

(For comparison. "Baby I" debuted the same day, went to #2 on itunes right behind 1D, and is now in the 70's.)

Bless this slayage. I'm warming up to BSE.

1. Jessie Ware >>>>>>>>>>> Jessie J
2. "Dance In The Dark" should have been a single. Silicon, saline, poison, inject me, baby, I'm a free bit.
3. Oh @ ya'll not knowing who I was and thinking I was new. I love New Girl. Nick <3
4. LOL at the Rih U.
5. Sia's "Loved Me Back To Life" demo slays.

Nemesis_

Dance in the Dark was actually a single here, but it only got sent to radio and I don't even know how well it ended up doing.

Matt_

Lady Gaga &#8207;@ladygaga 21m
Yes available on ITUNES & GooglePlay RT @HausOfLenise: @ladygaga girl, thank you very much for making available the artpop app for Androids

Lady Gaga &#8207;@ladygaga 6m
The ARTPOP app is Free, available in App Stores on your device. You can purchase the music through the ARTPOP app once it's downloaded.

Lady Gaga &#8207;@ladygaga 2m
Or you can purchase the album at the music store+download the free app separately at the app store. -GAGA

Lady Gaga &#8207;@ladygaga 2m
The App is Available Worldwide

Fairly obvious stuff but it's good for clarification.
Surprised the app is free, really thought it would cost then would come with the album

edit; That windows mobile snub.
Seether microsoft, SEETHE

Koodo

Banned
Coming for that opening week sales record and #1 crown. The other girls' tear ducts will prolapse out of excessive exertion.

botty

Banned
Still very unlikely unless she pulls 800k+ first week sales or Robin starts dropping quickly.

Robin will probably be performing at the VMA's as well.... so I just don't see it happening.

Might be able to: starts on a monday with the song + video. So you'll have streaming + sales pushing it through out the week. Then at the end of the week (sunday) you have Gaga's performance, which will help surge interest from the GP.

Not to mention with the Katy kats and monsters feuding at the moment, they will surely be buying the song at a faster rate.

3phemeral

I fear for Robins life tbh. The Lambs are already after him for crushing Mariah's record into oblivion (BL's had the biggest radio update again today even north of 250 million AI).

Is there any point in time where these records won't be broken? I mean, audience impression is inevitably something that will be surpassed just by shear population growth rates, right? Or is it not quantified like that? I'd possibly be upset if the song sucked, but I actually just heard it on the radio about a week ago and I loved the production and vibe.

Might be able to: starts on a monday with the song + video. So you'll have streaming + sales pushing it through out the week. Then at the end of the week (sunday) you have Gaga's performance, which will help surge interest from the GP.

Not to mention with the Katy kats and monsters feuding at the moment, they will surely be buying the song at a faster rate.

Maybe. I am watching 1D's streaming numbers very closely this week since they have a similar WW spread to Gaga's. So far music videos on youtube have failed to make any significant difference in streaming numbers.

When 1D's OWOA hit they pulled over 10 million views in a day, yet failed to get more than 3.5 million total streams for the week. We will see what they get this week.

Some have surmised that the Billboard formula favors on demand streaming services like Spotify, which is bad no new releases since Spotify streaming tends to shift slower towards new tracks. There is also the rumor that Billboard only counts ONE youtube view per device, per day. Which essentially neuters music videos.

Is there any point in time where these records won't be broken? I mean, audience impression is inevitably something that will be surpassed just by shear population growth rates, right? Or is it not quantified like that? I'd possibly be upset if the song sucked, but I actually just heard it on the radio about a week ago and I loved the production and vibe.

Naw. Radio audiences have actually been declining as people gravitate towards streaming.

Almost all the top AI songs are from the mid 00's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom