• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Gaga won't debut at number one with 'Applause' if she has a radio deal, that's for sure.

i1pg3yyutHt6G.gif

3phemeral

Naw. Radio audiences have actually been declining as people gravitate towards streaming.

Almost all the top AI songs are from the mid 00's.

Ah, interesting. I always assumed that AI was adjusted when format popularity shifted. Interesting that they modify their data references for chart performance but not for AI.

Ah, interesting. I always assumed that AI was adjusted when format popularity shifted. Interesting that they modify their data references for chart performance but not for AI.

They have tried to keep AI fairly stable over the last decade with frequent readjustments. How successful they have been is up for debate.

This song needs to die already.. :biblio:

It should start dropping soon, but it will take a while for it to become vulnerable. It will probably have 2x+ the total overall points of the #2 song next week.

cory64

Blurred Lines will still be over 75k points for the next few weeks, even a massive debut for Applause will most likely land it at #2.

Styles

Did The Lord debut at #1 based strictly off of sales?

Technically, She debuted at number 72 on the Hot 100 purely on 2 days worth of accumulated airplay before the tracking week ending Tuesay (airplay tracking week starts Wed-Tues) and jumped to number 1 the week after.
priceless.gif

So, no one has actually debuted at number 1 on the Hot 100 since the inclusion of streaming data.
priceless.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I called that the video would permier on the 19th. Another correct prediction from #mysticmatt

If blurred lines blocks ha though.

izDNamJxiPJ54.gif

Stefan™;74010633 said:
Technically, She debuted at number 72 on the Hot 100 purely on 2 days worth of accumulated airplay before the tracking week ending Tuesay (airplay tracking week starts Wed-Tues) and jumped to number 1 the week after.
priceless.gif

So, no one has actually debuted at number 1 on the Hot 100 since the inclusion of streaming data.
priceless.gif

There really haven't been any significant debuts during that time frame.

The streaming change took power away from radio so in theory it should make #1 debuts easier.

Dance in the Dark was actually a single here, but it only got sent to radio and I don't even know how well it ended up doing.
Oh yeah, I remember you talking about that a while back. Australia having the best taste as per.

The Applause video will debut on the same day as the single.
I'm happy about this. I hate when videos take forever to come out after a single is released.

I also hope "Applause" is not an iTunes exclusive for a period of time...

Amazon MP3 >>>>>>>>

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She'll have some radio paola right?

Stefan™;74017483 said:
If her team wants a number 1 debut, they need to hold off on the radio deal until Wednesday.

Why?

Edit: Oh yeah... the Wed-Tue cycle. Though I don't think they will care if they debut a week early then jump to #1. Having the song on radio will help its sales on Monday/Tuesday.

Matt_

Why?

Edit: Oh yeah... the Wed-Tue cycle. Though I don't think they will care if they debut a week early then jump to #1. Having the song on radio will help its sales on Monday/Tuesday.

Oh is that why Billboard releases its ranking on wednesday, because they have to wait for radio?
Is everything else just Monday-Sunday?

Upon its debut at No. 2, "Song," which was written for 1D's upcoming documentary "This Is Us" and serves as the lead single from the group's forthcoming third studio album, becomes One Direction's highest-charting Hot 100 hit. It tops the No. 3 peak of "Young" and the No. 4 peak of the act's debut hit "What Makes You Beautiful" last year.
1D Debut at #2.....and I can't even make myself pressed over them being blocked by Blurred Lines.

Matt_

iCqNqn4IK4Exv.gif

Bitches be jealous of my tag and my internet fame

cory64

I did some rough estimates.

2010-2013

Albums (US):
1. Adele
2. Taylor
3. Rihanna
4. Gaga
5. Katy

Singles (US):
1. Rihanna
2. Katy
3. Gaga
4. Taylor
5. Adele

Touring (WW):
1. Gaga
2. Taylor
3. Rihanna
4. Pink
5. Kelly

VEVO (WW, counting the whole thing since it started late 09)
1. Rihanna
2. Gaga
3. Beyoncé
4. Taylor
5. Katy

Social (WW)
1. Rihanna
2. Gaga
3. Katy
4. Taylor
5. Britney

Overall
1. Gaga
2. Taylor
3. Rihanna
4. Adele
5. Pink
6. Katy
7. Kelly
8. Britney
9. Beyoncé
10. Christina

Mau ®

Britney's LEAD single is coming in September, as per an instagram post by main album writer Jean Baptiste (it was later deleted...)

QMI2Nq5.png

Brittany vs. Katheryn vs. Joanne OMG!!

Matt_

Poor Brit is going to get lost in this vicious season
Expecting her to slay though, musically if not commercially

edit; I bet the line "call the police" features in it #mysticmatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom