• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern Vampires in the City is good, but it's no Contra and it's certainly no Vampire Weekend. I can't think of a standout hit, but it's generally solid.

Ultramarine remains unbothered for album of the year.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Album of the year - Home (Rudimental)
Song of the year - Young and Beautiful (LDR)

Ew...she's responsible for that vile Put Your Hearts Up??? Bleh, she's wasting away.

But honestly, if we could get Xtina to work with a previous producer again, I would love for it to be Dj Premier. I don't think any one producer went into the studio with Xtina and just GOT her like he did.

Linda Perry knows how to bring out Passionatina.

Sia knows how to bring out Vulnerabilitina.

Scott Storch knows how to bring out Xtina.

But so far only Dj Premier knew how to bring out all of those different sides of Xtina and put them together in a cohesive body of tracks. Disc 1 of BtB is just immaculate. ;___;

I think you shed some light on my problem with Christina (and to an effect Beyonce), which is that they seem to need someone to bring out their best, because they aren't able to bring it out themselves. I think Christina's in a slightly worse position than Beyonce because I think Beyonce has more of a go-to craft that she's honed in on musically, whereas Christina's constantly a blank canvas going into the studio because every record is so drastically different. But the quality of their work is directly proportional to the level of understanding and chemistry they share with their producers and writers. I think this applies to every recording artist to a certain degree but it's definitely very much applied to someone like Christina or Beyonce. Wouldn't you agree?

cory64

Azealia Banks Cancels Lollapalooza and Osheaga Sets

ibhiF14KcRrAu8.gif

Mau ®

Album of the year: Yeezus.
Single of the year: "This is what it feels like" by Tiesto.

Miguel has been added to the Osheaga lineup to replace Frank Ocean.

Roy, Botty and me have been clocking this tea for over a year and now the public and festival promoters are beggining to see it.
ny6.gif

Mau ®

Rihanna's #1 hit "Take a Bow" is now VEVO-CERTIFIED. She continues to grow her LEAD of VEVO CERTIFIED VIDEOS.

SOCIAL MEDIA QUEEN.

Link to this Tiesto song.

Oops. I got momentarily confused and said it was by Tiesto when in fact it's an Armin Van Bureen song. You should check out the album (Intensity). It's great, especially for working out. I'd link to the song but my work has YT blocked. Ch...

Yado

Mau ®;74229131 said:
Roy, Botty and me have been clocking this tea for over a year and now the public and festival promoters are beggining to see it.

Frank canceled because of his health. Once again, people only want Miguel when Frank is unavailable.

ibhiF14KcRrAu8.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Applause will be sent to radio on the 20th. #MysticMatt_
Edit: why isn't The One going for pop adds?

Why would they send it on the 20th and not the 19th?
If anything I'd expect some radio exclusive debut late sunday night then the song + video to be up at midnight. Or some MTV/E! exclusive showing #ClairvoyantCory

edit; I'm not surprised Azealia has a throat infection considering she screams Yung Rapunxel every show

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;74230695 said:
Rihanna's #1 hit "Take a Bow" is now VEVO-CERTIFIED. She continues to grow her LEAD of VEVO CERTIFIED VIDEOS.

SOCIAL MEDIA QUEEN.

I miss TaB RIh. That was when she was straddling the line between basic and legend, and she didn't make all the girls fume yet since people could still drag her. Now that she continues to take away reasons to drag her all the other stans and girls can do is fume.

Her power :/

cory64

Why would they send it on the 20th and not the 19th?
If anything I'd expect some radio exclusive debut late sunday night then the song + video to be up at midnight. Or some MTV/E! exclusive showing #ClairvoyantCory

edit; I'm not surprised Azealia has a throat infection considering she screams Yung Rapunxel every show

That's just what the add calendar has listed, always on Tuesdays. Which is another reason why Wednesday-Tuesday tracking doesn't make sense.

Matt_

This is the US iTunes single of the week and really like it, the production especially.

Kateboy - The Way We Are

Their other two songs are great too (Northern Lights and In Your Eyes).

I feel like I've heard that kate boy song before...

I'll download though *.*

edit: oh it was NL.

Yeh I've heard these before but I can't place where
Not sure whether someones linked them before, played them in plug or if they get played on the radio here
Still they're pretty good

That's just what the add calendar has listed, always on Tuesdays. Which is another reason why Wednesday-Tuesday tracking doesn't make sense.

Americans and their funny charting systems
Much prefer the UK's sales one

Bladenic

Mau ®;74230695 said:

SOCIAL MEDIA QUEEN.

Oops. I got momentarily confused and said it was by Tiesto when in fact it's an Armin Van Bureen song. You should check out the album (Intensity). It's great, especially for working out. I'd link to the song but my work has YT blocked. Ch...

Wait I just finished listening to the song. My gonads are reduced to dust after the TKO punch out delivered by this song. Let me listen to the whole album, I always love Armin.

Trigger

lol, did Lana make some unholy deal to get that song to chart? How bizarre for something that old to start
lightly
slaying. Good for her. I hope she starts getting some airplay too. Radio could use her sound.

2. Prince
He's never sounded better, his band 3rd Eye Girl is fire-hot and he's plundering his back catalog with a vengeance; check the Youtube clips of his grunge-blues remake of "Let's Go Crazy." "He's a better guitarist than you are," says Cliff Burnstein of Q Prime Managment. "He's a better singer than you are. He can dance better than you. His songs are better than yours. You might have a better jump shot, though."
ibmDJST864J89p.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Getting booed at and having chips thrown at you are signals of a pleased crowd?
iMfKzvQInugnU.gif

Getting booed (which I've yet to see the video proof of this happening), and some heckler throwing chips at her. All of that somehow undermines that she has sold out every show so far. What kind of straw-man argument? A 4-sized flop mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom