• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ariana grande album art though. I'm inevriated and it is blowing my mind. Thank god there isn't a vinyl preorder or I'd be $30 out on the cover alone (and two fantastic singles)

cory64

The ariana grande album art tho. I'm inebriated and it is blowing my mind. Thank god there isn't a vinyl preorder or I'd be $30 out on the cover alone (and two fantastic singles)

We haven't seen the real cover yet. Edit: oh
BQoolcCCUAATUYl.jpg:large

MUCH better than the other ones

I thought the other covers were okay but christ. Serious laura marling - eagle vibes in terms of cover! And sep 3rd.... So soon. We are so lucky...

Icicle

During tonight's episode of Big Brother, one of the tweets they showed after the eviction was from a user named #FreeJoJo.

The most promo she's gotten in 7 years. RIP.

Partition

Banned
During tonight's episode of Big Brother, one of the tweets they showed after the eviction was from a user named #FreeJoJo.

The most promo she's gotten in 7 years. RIP.

Candice was serving tonight, too bad the racists in the house will get her out this week

This album has been on repeat all night, it's so damn good. anyone else into it?

Disclosure's album 'Settle' introduced me to a lot of great musicians I never knew I would like outside of the album. AlunaGeorge, London Grammar, and Sam Smith.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Christina really looks stunning at that game. I don't get what Booty and Roy's hate campaign against me is for though

ibrAeSm8wWimSP.gif

In all seriousness, what is wrong with matt?

Nemesis_

Prism will clock 1 million. I think everyone is underestimating Perry but I have no ideas how sales work so maybe I'm just clocking myself. >_>

Bladenic

Prism will clock 1 million. I think everyone is underestimating Perry but I have no ideas how sales work so maybe I'm just clocking myself. >_>

1 million album sales first week? We're making first week predictions in case you weren't aware (I assume you are though). There's no way Perra joins the 1 million first week club. I honestly think she's the new Rihanna. Smash single after smash single, but average album sales especially for how many hits she gets.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
1 Million week one? Not a chance. Her singles would have to be some revolutionary shit to get that high

ibjXL7KlN48kzh.gif

Although I do feel my prediction is a little low, may have to up ha to 360k.

edit; I've just seen that Summer Time Sadness is at 70mil views, when did that happen?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't believe that Roy is now so steam pressed over Bey that he puts BRITNEY in 'the trinity' over her. I'm pulling faces IN THE STREET reading these delusions. The people around me must think I'm crazy. The only thing that could have been more perfect is if she'd included Xtina instead.

Let me say no more, I think these delusions speak for themselves.

[edit] Oh, and, 555,555 for PRISM..

[edit2] I think I was over Brooke Candy before she even started tbh. Her cameo in Genesis was cute but a music career? Let me not care.

Matt_

That Brooke Candy song is giving me Krayhawn feels
Like it tho
ibwtOyFPXszq31.gif

It's really too bad that Katy's releasing her single so close to Gaga's. I'm willing to bet physical money that the press goes in on Gaga for ruining her comeback just because Katy Perry takes over the charts. The US can't get enough of Katy Perry. Even though her name isn't as huge, she has a more dependable track record on radio, and people will eat it up regardless.

Also, less people are probably going to relate to the idea of being famous and craving applause than whatever the fuck Katy Perry decides to sing about. Probably about hating her man. Again.

Here are my album sale predictions (including updates):

Britney Spears - Slushies and Cigarrettes: 320,000
Beyonce - Memoirs of a Distracted Woman: 785,000
Lady Gaga - You'll Never Understand Me (YNUM): 980,000
Katy Perry - I Don't Need My Man But I Kind of Do: 450,000

Bladenic

You're honestly crazy if you think Bernard will sell anywhere close to your prediction.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Umm, no way Bey will sell that many, or outsell Perry.

Mau ®

Uhh why? JT sold over a million in his first week. And people miss Beyonce in 2013. They didn't miss her mid-2011, but they miss her now.

If they missed her so much... how come her song with Jay-Z didn't even enter TOP 30 of iTunes? or her song on The Game's IVPlay? or her take of "Back to Black" for The Great Gatsby OST?

They literally went unnoticed.

Trigger

Uhh why? JT sold over a million in his first week. And people miss Beyonce in 2013. They didn't miss her mid-2011, but they miss her now.

JT also rode a solid wave of promo with label pushing the album hard. Bey has missed a lot of good venues to promote the album to the mainstream listeners.

JT also rode a solid wave of promo with label pushing the album hard. Bey has missed a lot of good venues to promote the album to the mainstream listeners.

What album? She hasn't started yet. The album hasn't even been announced, nor has there been any lead single announcement. The era hasn't started yet, and nor has any album-specific promo.

Matt_

I actually think Slushies & Cigarettes would be a good album name

edit; In other news, I just realised that Lose My Breath isn't a Bey song but a DC one

Bladenic

What album? She hasn't started yet. The album hasn't even been announced, nor has there been any lead single announcement. The era hasn't started yet, and nor has any album-specific promo.

Okay well then the entirety of 2013 has been completely wasted. If Bey released an album a bit earlier in the year? Yeah you're prediction MAY have been close. But she ain't gonna get Super Bowl next year, she ain't gonna get a new documentary, she ain't gonna have clothing and soda commercials. Huge waste.

The highest I can see her sell is 500k. And that's being generous, since only B'Day sold that much first week.

Matt_

Gaga looking stunning and kicking Micheal Rodriquez's ass in the new Machete Kills trailer

edit; or maybe not, I can't really tell
edit2, definitely not her

Matt_

I think that's Amber Heard not Gaga.

jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

I realised just after I posted

Still, the bits that are actually Gaga look flawless

LBR most DC songs are Bey songs.

IKR
I was shocked when I heard them say it was a DC song on the radio so I youtubed it, and for the first minute and a bit I thought it was bey with back up dancers
Poor Michelle's verse is only 20 seconds long
edit; not even that its only ten, why did she even show up idk

Okay well then the entirety of 2013 has been completely wasted. If Bey released an album a bit earlier in the year? Yeah you're prediction MAY have been close. But she ain't gonna get Super Bowl next year, she ain't gonna get a new documentary, she ain't gonna have clothing and soda commercials. Huge waste.

The highest I can see her sell is 500k. And that's being generous, since only B'Day sold that much first week.

Sure it was wasted, but you're assuming that the massive endorsements and events were done to promote an album. They obviously weren't. She doesn't need that amount of deals to get to 3/4 of a million in the first week. Also, promo can happen any time in the year. There are always award shows to perform in, appearances to make, etc.

Gaga's had wasted opportunities too, but I don't see you understating her presence. And i'm already operating under the assumption that Beyonce will release an album in April 2014 when the field is clear for her to sweep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom