• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Canadian QUEEN of Pop.
EgJTv.gif

Bless ha.

ikSS4xa6ziTqH.gif

Industry handicappers are placing odds on which album hitting this fall will move the most units, and how it will impact label marketshare. The album that emerges triumphant will inevitably get a powerful boost from a smash radio single or singles, the most significant driver of album sales, as we’re seeing now with Imagine Dragons and Florida Georgia Line.

Will the winner be Eminem (whose previous LP debuted with 741k and has sold 4.46m to date) or Lady Gaga (with a 1.11m first week, bolstered by Amazon MP3’s 99-cent sale, and 2.3m RTD), ...
i422rvVPmwTCm.gif

Will the second volume of Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience, on RCA, be as big as the first, which bowed with 968k and is now at 2.1m?
iVhtkHd3JZVax.gif

Or Katy Perry, on CMG, whose 2010 album Teenage Dream got off to a surprisingly soft start, with a first week of just 192k, but achieved massive momentum behind a staggering 30m singles, going on to tally 2.74m?
ibbTJi51Xtjb6D.gif

In terms of potential comebacks, there’s more than a little pressure surrounding the Q4 releases from Columbia’s Beyoncé, coming off a relatively disappointing sales performance with 2011’s 4 (310k, 1.4m) and RCA’s Britney Spears, who failed to hit a home run with her previous effort, 2011’s Femme Fatale (276k, 777k).
i1Ja0onCnVf2Q.gif

In the record business, of course, there’s always the possibility that a record will come out of nowhere and connect on a massive scale; just look at Adele, who turned around the long-floundering record business almost singlehandedly in 2011, a positive year for album sales (+1.4%), track sales (+9%) and overall with TEA (+3.2%).

Rihanna has signed a new long-term contract with Roc Nation as part of its recent deal with UMG. Her future releases will probably continue to go through IDJ, continuing a productive long-term relationship with the Steve Bartels-led label, even as Roc Nation builds its own brand. On that subject, does Jay Brown (who manages Rihanna and Shakira) have the bandwidth to become a top major-label exec?

Mariah Carey is shopping a new deal with one record left on her current contract with IDJ and is possibly headed back to Sony, where she would most likely reunite with Epic’s L.A. Reid, who orchestrated her 6 million-selling 2006 album The Emancipation of Mimi. Carey’s attorney and her new manager, Red Light COO Bruce Eskowitz, are supposedly asking elephant bucks from UMG to stay.

in9fWELHPgGEf.gif

Nemesis_

JUDAS is coming! The single is set to release on April 19th, 2011 and the music video has already been shot. This is Lady Gaga's first directorial debut along with her long time choreography, Laurie-Ann Gibson.

p9eJ0p4.jpg

Comments about the song's music video from Gibson
And ‘Judas’ is exciting for me because we had this amazing artistic approach to ‘BTW’ and I’m so excited for how riveting, energetic and electric the record is, something really phenomenal. So, visually, the dance, the costuming, the idea of how big we’re trying to go, [it's] going to be a roller-coaster ride.

FWllGyz.jpg

Gaga's interpretation of the song
"It's no surprise, I'm sure, to many of you, that Judas is a man of the biblical senses, so expect to see some symbolism in this video." She continued explaining that the song/video is about confronting one's demons. "You have to look into what is haunting you and you need to look into forgiving yourself in order to move on. And it's really fun to dance to and sounds like it could be a pop priest record."

Vogue's brief recap of the track
“The melody sounds like it was written for the Ronettes, but it is set to a sledgehammering dance beat and is about falling in love with the wrong men and backstabbing them, of the biblical variety.

Other tidbits
  • The song is very dark and in-depth, much more than Born This Way
  • Produced by RedOne. (Just Dance, LoveGame, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Alejandro and Monster)
  • Luc Carl, Gaga's on-again-off-again boyfriend will allegedly be playing Judas

t29kooW.png

See some of Gaga's fierce Judas choreography, as well as her confronting a gay protestor in the first of many GAGAVISIONs, her resurrected web series

Confirmed lyrics
When he comes to me, I am ready.
I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs.
Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain.
Even after three times he betrays me.
I’ll bring him down, a king with no crown.

'Cause I'm just a holy fool
Oh baby, he's so cruel,
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby

Rumoured leaked lyrics
[Intro]
Dear Judas
My beloved you belong to me
No more backstabbing please
Your blood colored beads
Jealousy, Envy, Insanity

My evil judas(death and vanity)
Let go of me, your poison ivy
Please let go, you're Poison Ivy to me

[verse 1]
As much as I obsess
about the sick things you do
Follow you around and stalk your every move,
I know your laughing behind closed doors, but no more, cause
I'm just a holy fool,
Oh baby he's so cruel, but i'm still in love with judas, baby

Uggh(death and vanity)

[Chorus]
When he comes to me, i am ready.
Judas look what have you done
My heart bleeds and you think it's fun?

[Verse]
Second verse, same as the first
Your bible won't save you now
From the glares of the everlasting light,
remember those hot nights where you lied and lied on my bed
Stabbed me in the back
Let my blood trickle on your rose thorns
but he came and whispered in my ear and left me torn.
Cause i'm just a holy fool,
Oh baby he's so cruel, but i'm still in love with judas, baby

Uggh(death and vanity)

[Chorus]
When he comes to me, i am ready.
Judas look what have you done
my heart bleeds and you think it's fun?

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no,
Jealousy, Envy, Insanity,
Misery, Rosary, Sunday,
Trinity, Infinite, Judas, i love you baby! Signed mother monsteriety.

my evil judas(death and vanity)

Partition

Banned
"Copying" is thrown around so much with Gaga yet no one ever provides receipts
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

The ARTPOP shoot so far is probably the most original she has ever done.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Boring, we all know next she is going to play the victim that the monsters are attacking her and that Gaga should say something

her and Perez will be hating all season long then claim victims if called out
ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

THE NEW IMMORTALS
Back in 2004, Rolling Stone assembled an expert panel of musicians, industry figures and critics to pick the 50 greatest artists of all time. We called these artists "The Immortals." A year later, our panelists expanded the roster to 100 all-time great artists, which you can read right here. But time stands still for no list, and when we look around us today we see a whole galaxy of other stars who belong in the Immortals conversation. 14 currently active (or relatively recently defunct) artists who we think will stand the test of time – the kind of acts whose names we wouldn't be surprised to see on a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot at some point down the road when they become eligible. Meet the New Immortals.
  • Arcade Fire
  • Beyoncé - Even if Beyoncé Knowles had never done anything beyond the string of hits she recorded with Destiny's Child in the late 1990s and early 2000s, we'd still remember her as the leader of one of the greatest girl groups of all time – for "No, No, No," for "Bills, Bills, Bills," for "Say My Name" and "Independent Women" and of course for "Bootylicious." But that was just the beginning. As a solo artist, Beyoncé has soared to new heights of inspiration. Her many smash singles, from "Crazy in Love" to "Irreplaceable" to "Single Ladies," make up one of the past decade's strongest pop portfolios. More than that, though, Beyoncé herself has become an icon to countless fans – a high priestess of empowerment and unflappable attitude.
  • Green Day
  • Kanye West
  • Lady Gaga
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • Pearl Jam
  • Phish
  • Rihanna - Going by numbers alone, Rihanna is already written into the history books in bold ink. Her digital sales add up to 100 million – more than anyone, anywhere, ever. Her catalog of hits includes a dozen Number One smashes, from 2006's "SOS" to 2012's "Diamonds" – the same number as Madonna and the Supremes, and more than anyone else except the Beatles, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson. But Rihanna's appeal transcends statistics. She's a star in the truest sense: a wild, larger-than-life personality you just can't look away from. Tabloid wildfires may rage all around her, but she shines bright through it all.
  • The Roots - The Roots may not have technically been the first live band in hip-hop – shout-out to Stetsasonic – but hands down, they're the greatest. Drummer Ahmir Thompson (a.k.a. Questlove) and rapper Tariq Trotter (a.k.a. Black Thought) connected in the late 1980s, when they were classmates at a performing-arts high school in Philadelphia. From 1993 on, they recorded a string of acclaimed LPs with an expanded line-up that took the jazzy style of predecessors like A Tribe Called Quest in revolutionary new directions – stirring in funk, soul, psychedelia and art-rock influences as the years flew by. In 2009, after nearly 15 years of tireless touring, the Roots accepted a gig as the house band on Jimmy Fallon's new late-night show. This could have heralded a comfortable retirement – but instead they've somehow become even more prolific, releasing some of their most fearless music to date and jamming on national television with everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Prince.
  • The Strokes
  • Taylor Swift
  • The White Stripes
  • Wilco

royalan

"Copying" is thrown around so much with Gaga yet no one ever provides receipts
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

The ARTPOP shoot so far is probably the most original she has ever been.

...wut?

There are COPIOUS receipts of Gaga copying the fashions and musical stylings of other artists/celebrities/personalities. How on earth have you missed that?

Hell, her DEBUT look (which I loved, but let's keep it real) was such a blatant rip of Grace Jones (which, to be fair, Gaga admitted straight up, but let's keep it real) that Grace Jones, when asked, said that she'd never work with Gaga as long as she was just another artist copying her style.

3phemeral

I was just thinking of that gif botty posted of Beyonce dragging the bleach bottle and was anticipating a new gif. I was surprised it never came so I made it myself:

ibunSY9lHD1XGq.gif

botty

Banned
I was just thinking of that gif botty posted of Beyonce dragging the bleach bottle and was anticipating a new gif. I was surprised it never came so I made it myself:

ibunSY9lHD1XGq.gif

nooooooooooooo

I am forever and eternally finished.

iTg8Woyai6xEL.gif

screaming at the watermark, too

Partition

Banned
...wut?

There are COPIOUS receipts of Gaga copying the fashions and musical stylings of other artists/celebrities/personalities. How on earth have you missed that?

Hell, her DEBUT look (which I loved, but let's keep it real) was such a blatant rip of Grace Jones (which, to be fair, Gaga admitted straight up, but let's keep it real) that Grace Jones, when asked, said that she'd never work with Gaga as long as she was just another artist copying her style.

Someone needs to learn the difference between inspiration and blatant copying

Kyon

Banned
ibunSY9lHD1XGq.gif

im DONE

did you make this? fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

EDIT: oh i c the watermark.

We need a HQ one tho soon sis

botty

Banned
That is probably the best quality you can get: The old destiny child video isn't available in HD and the scene is actually squished between two other frames; then there is also the fact that gifs are limited in the amount of colors you can use...and Beyonce is...well...always changing colors.

royalan

Yes, that someone is you.

P8SFiud.jpg

gPea1H3.jpg

UwyqexU.jpg

(Interestingly enough, Gaga had been working with Kerli's former stylist at the time of some of these shots. Even more incriminating.)

f6NjzOF.jpg

And do I REALLY need to pull up the Madonna receipts?

The point is Gaga isn't HALF as original as her deluded monsters thinks she is. Which is fine; ain't nothin' new under the sun, afterall. But then lets clock the tea and stop pretending that Gaga is a fashion pioneer. She's not.

Kyon

Banned
Can the Earth delete Blurred Lines off the planet tho

Not here for that Trash.

Cant wait for Katy and Gaga to kill it out the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom