• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The production is done by Zedd (and apparently Infected Mushroom) so I wouldn't expect that to change up too much, if I'm being honest.

I do agree though that it is a very similar song to Dance In The Dark - thematically. It's kind of like the insecure girl who was being sung about in Dance In The Dark has come full circle in Burqa/Aura
Was Zedd on BTW? Cos all I hear is Judas and Americano. Even how those kinda unhinged verses come together into a really soaring, clean sounding chorus. Much of it just sounds like she's done it before, like an offcut from that album. But it really does have some strong points for me.

Artemisia

Banned
I wonder what that arm she's carrying is for. This is the third time it's popped up I think. Could it be the new version of the ~~disco stick~~

Nemesis_

Was Zedd on BTW? Cos all I hear is Judas and Americano. Even how those kinda unhinged verses come together into a really soaring, clean sounding chorus. Much of it just sounds like she's done it before, like an offcut from that album. But it really does have some strong points for me.

She's never worked with Zedd prior to Born This Way. Even then, Zedd only did a remix of Marry The Night as far as I'm aware, nothing on the tracks or production themselves.

Him and Madeon are new for ARTPOP.

Oh, and if anyone wants it.

wriG2sg.png

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I wonder what that arm she's carrying is for. This is the third time it's popped up I think. Could it be the new version of the ~~disco stick~~

The arm has an IV attached to it and it looks like its has been sprayed with Fame due to the dark marks, it fits some of the lyrics for Applause

3phemeral

If anything the chorus sounds like Dance in the Dark. I'm hoping the final version will shed this boring BTW-era erratic electronic production and allow that chorus to shine through properly. It needs to sound huge, but it doesn't. Yet.

After listening to it again, I may have labeled the structure incorrectly. For some reason I thought the chorus was a pre-chorus. Not sure how I heard that after a few listens. With that in mind, I think the verses are the sections that actually remind of Judas' bridge, specifically because of that pounding beat used in conjunction with her delivery of the lines. Granted, on Judas, she's a bit more monotone and adds a certain patois to the enunciation, but it seems rather similar to my ears.

I agree that it's lacking that certain grandiose quality that it should have. It seems like it's almost there, but that it needs to be pushed in some area that I'm not sure about.

Ollie Pooch

After listening to it again, I may have labeled the structure incorrectly. For some reason I thought the chorus was a pre-chorus. Not sure how I heard that after a few listens. With that in mind, I think the verses are the sections that actually remind of Judas' bridge, specifically because of that pounding beat used in conjunction with her delivery of the lines. Granted, on Judas, she's a bit more monotone and adds a certain patois to the enunciation, but it seems rather similar to my ears.

I agree that it's lacking that certain grandiose quality that it should have. It seems like it's almost there, but that it needs to be pushed in some area that I'm not sure about.
It's totally random in parts, there's no real build to that potentially huge chorus. Which is what it needs, IMO.

Cos I'm totally a song writing expert :p

On headphones it sounds completely unhinged. The intro is actually kinda hilarious.

Aguila

#ICONIC
But if she is injecting fame into herself, why not on her real arm? *.*
Does the fake arm signify something fake/manufactured about her? *.*
Did she then take of her arm and use it as a weapon to kill little monsters, thus the black blood? *.* *.* *.*

3phemeral

It's totally random in parts, there's no real build to that potentially huge chorus. Which is what it needs, IMO.

Cos I'm totally a song writing expert :p

Fo' sho'. :) Now that I've identified what I do like correctly, the chorus slays me completely. I think they should reuse more of the sitar (?) they use in the beginning as part of the build. I'd like to hear that somewhere else in the song, but they just employ it at the jump and nowhere else.

Ollie Pooch

Fo' sho'. :) Now that I've identified what I do like correctly, the chorus slays me completely. I think they should reuse more of the sitar (?) they use in the beginning as part of the build. I'd like to hear that somewhere else in the song, but they just employ it at the jump and nowhere else.
Yeah, looking forward to see how it's been polished for the album, it certainly sounds better on headphones.

Gotta say, despite my earlier comments about it sounding like some elements of BTW I'm loving that she's staying with this electro-plated style.

3phemeral

Yeah, looking forward to see how it's been polished for the album, it certainly sounds better on headphones.

Gotta say, despite my earlier comments about it sounding like some elements of BTW I'm loving that she's staying with this electro-plated style.

Which is interesting considering the recent popularity of ballads and old-school funk-inspired tracks topping the charts.

*waits and sees*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
ibq99hIp27rzcw.gif

I wake up to such BLESSED news
Gaga hath leaked, and she fucking slays. SLAYS.
I absolutely love it, sounds more like Madeon's work than it does Zedd's to me, but either way I'm here for it and want more.
ARTPOP is going to be great, I have no fears

Ollie Pooch

I wake up to such BLESSED news
Gaga hath leaked, and she fucking slays. SLAYS.
I absolutely love it, sounds more like Madeon's work than it does Zedd's to me, but either way I'm here for it and want more.
ARTPOP is going to be great, I have no fears
Seriously. Song is completely nuts. So, so glad to be getting heavier digital sounding stuff.

This guy is 19? WTF.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Seriously. Song is completely nuts. So, so glad to be getting heavier digital sounding stuff.

This guy is 19? WTF.

He's definitely got big things coming for him

tumblr_maypoj1hth1qdmb8eo1_500.jpg

He looks about twelve too, people in clubs must think their dj is a teen

Nemesis_

Detective Monsters are at it again:

In Arabic, the term #awrah derives from the root ‘a-w-r' which means 'defectiveness', 'imperfection', 'blemish', 'weakness' or 'nakedness'.

'Awrah' has a lot of different meanings. The song could be interpreted in many ways. Essentially, everyone's 'Awrah' is different.

interesting, + in Islam, awrah are the intimate areas of ones body which should be concealed​

They are so dedicated
if not slightly misguided
but I guess it makes more sense since we don't have any official documentation about the song.

icDjYrDhu5s1o.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Detective Monsters are at it again:

In Arabic, the term #awrah derives from the root ‘a-w-r' which means 'defectiveness', 'imperfection', 'blemish', 'weakness' or 'nakedness'.

'Awrah' has a lot of different meanings. The song could be interpreted in many ways. Essentially, everyone's 'Awrah' is different.

interesting, + in Islam, awrah are the intimate areas of ones body which should be concealed​

They are so dedicated
if not slightly misguided
but I guess it makes more sense since we don't have any official documentation about the song.

icDjYrDhu5s1o.gif

omg. That makes a lot of sense, especially if awrah is pronounced 'aura' like we heard in the song, and not ow-rah

Nemesis_

I could see Taylor Swift as a 4chan user.

Also, Burqa...most talked about song so far this year? I'd say she's back.

I'm seeing some graphs and shit from MTV apparently, which said it broke a Google record. They are unsubstantiated though so I don't want to post them here.......yet

Artemisia

Banned
I'm seeing some graphs and shit from MTV apparently, which said it broke a Google record. They are unsubstantiated though so I don't want to post them here.......yet

you mean this, right?

tumblr_mr3s18WyJ31r0hiywo1_500.jpg

The alleged article says that she beat searches for Barack Obama when he won the election in 2008. It also shades Katy and takes Gaga's side. I'm almost certain a Gaga stan wrote it.

Nemesis_

Well it did jump to the top of Twitter, trending worldwide for most of the day here (both Lady Gaga and #BURQA) so I guess there was some impact, but yeah that was the graph I was talking about.

I mean we can't find a primary source for that graph anywhere which is quite telling.

Matt_

I'm surprised a thread hasn't popped up in OT tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom