• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That chorus is celestial. Simple and pure lyrics. Unadulterated by extraneous, unnecessary baggage. You could almost call it ART POP.

Stan GAGA

tumblr_inline_mr9aueyvaf1qz4rgp.jpg

Trigger

Exactly.

This song was fine-crafted to not just slay radio, but get endorsed up the wazoo.

A young nervous athlete gearing up for the big game, a pretty dancer about to hit the stage for the first time, a little kid ready to face down some bully on the schoolyard, etc etc. I can already see the music video now, lol.

The song sells itself.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I can't wait to drive down the highway with "Roar" playing full-blast

;____;

What time is it releasing on Monday? I need to set my alarm

royalan

Next season of Vampire Diaries, when Katherine is remade into a vampire and puts Elena in her place, Roar will be the song that plays.

A young nervous athlete gearing up for the big game, a pretty dancer about to hit the stage for the first time, a little kid ready to face down some bully on the schoolyard, etc etc.

a little monster logging onto twitter
Seriously is it even possible to listen to this song on repeat?
Well not technically since it hasn't been released yet. I've been hitting "play" again when it ends, so that's close enough I guess

DMeisterJ

Banned
Go in.

Roar is the most boring song I've ever heard all year, and by far Katy's worst single. The chorus is absolutely nauseating. Seriously is it even possible to listen to this song on repeat?

You'll find out once this song clocks 200M AI on mediabase. You don't have to dislike the song since you stan Gaga. It's a great song and you know it. If you're too pressed to admit it, poor you.

Kyon

Banned
You'll find out once this song clocks 200M AI on mediabase. You don't have to dislike the song since you stan Gaga. It's a great song and you know it. If you're too pressed to admit it, poor you.

Oop.

Don't Growl at them too loud. They're already scared enough

Partition

Banned

Kiii at me not being allowed an opinion. Typical #NVAY already receipt stanning

Artemisia

Banned
Someone needs to explain to me when exactly simple, effective pop music went taboo, because the hate is becoming ridiculous. Just because songs like Roar, WANEGBT, Diamonds, etc aren't sporting some Gaga style pretension doesn't make them basic or boring.

Partition

Banned
Someone needs to explain to me when exactly simple, effective pop music went taboo, because the hate is becoming ridiculous. Just because songs like Roar, WANEGBT, Diamonds, etc aren't sporting some Gaga style pretension doesn't make them basic or boring.

I don't have a problem with those songs. Just Roar. It's just boring and I hate the chorus.

Kyon

Banned
I've said this in other places but its true.

Not every fucking pop star has to make INNOVATIVE genre defining songs every release. This is still a different song she's never done yet is still very much Katy Perry blueprint.

Even more IRONIC is Little Cutters forgetting that ARTPOP will be an EDM/Dance album when lots of them were saying they wished it was over and no one cared about it anymore.

Don't get mad when a simple song blocks your fave. The inevitable is coming.

Roar is the perfect summer single and will smash everything in its path. Maybe not BL who knows but it will be competition

I've been listening to Roar for about an hour already. Thank you Katy for blessing me on this unholiest of days where I have to work until nearly midnight.

Trigger

Gather them.
civf1.gif

Kyon

Banned

O

Yas go in

Partition

Banned
I've said this in other places but its true.

Not every fucking pop star has to make INNOVATIVE genre defining songs every release. This is still a different song she's never done yet is still very much Katy Perry blueprint.

Even more IRONIC is Little Cutters forgetting that ARTPOP will be an EDM/Dance album when lots of them were saying they wished it was over and no one cared about it anymore.

Don't get mad when a simple song blocks your fave. The inevitable is coming.

Roar is the perfect summer single and will smash everything in its path. Maybe not BL who knows but it will be competition

Posts like these make you guys sound more worried than the Monsters

royalan

You know, I had this EXACT thought while I was in line at the grocery store last night getting some ginger ale for my vodka and green onions for my tacos.

Don't get me wrong, I love busy, messy pop tracks...occasionally. But this obsession with Gaga and the type of music she puts out seems to be blinding her fans to the power of simplicity. The beauty and catchiness in a straight up, bare-bones pop jam that needs nothing else but an infectious beat and brilliant hook. And in a lot of ways those are the most difficult songs to create.

It's why a song like Blurred Lines is utterly demolishing radio, why a song like We Can't Stop is still #2 on itunes after all these weeks, and why nothing Gaga creates these days has a chance in hell of cracking the top 5 after her initial payola, let alone going #1.

Posts like these make you guys sound more worried than the Monsters

Who is worried though? And what is there to worry about? It's a cute song that I can enjoy whenever, and ARTPOP is still coming out so I can listen to that and (hopefully) enjoy it just as much.

I'm happy tbh. Now if you'll excuse me, I have another rep of Roar to listen to.

ibszCG1xaAWw1u.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love busy, messy pop tracks...occasionally. But this obsession with Gaga and the type of music she puts seems to be blinding her fans to the power of simplicity. The beauty and catchiness in a straight up, bare-bones pop jam that needs nothing else but an infectious beat and brilliant hook. And in a lot of ways those are the most difficult songs to create.
Everyone will see Carly's light soon enough. Soon. Enough.

ihXlZClFSuHLC.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

I'm already bored with the song.

well that hour of slayage was fun while it lasted.

Oop

But roar is boring. It's a decent track but it's not interesting
The same goes for the other songs you listed. You don't need some 'pretentious' shit to make a song interesting. Katy, Rih and Taylor all have decent songs that slay on merit alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom