• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Just heard Roar...

I GOT THE EYE OF THE TIGER
I'M FIRE
DANCING THROUGH THE FIRE
CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION
AND YOU'RE GONNA HEAR ME ROAR
LOUDER
LOUDER THAN THE LION
CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION
AND YOU'RE GONNA HEAR ME ROAR

Slay
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

I hope Applause is as much of a no-nonsense bop
Applause's lyrics are ALL nonsense. It's about Gaga becoming The Fame itself or something. It sounds very well-executed, but messy nonetheless.

Monsters are actually the biggest snitching kill joys ew. They should make them all Xbox Live moderators so they can do some actual good in life.

Lana fans have to sit here and know we've probably heard every song she's ever going to release in demo form. The worst part being the demos are superior a decent amount of the time.

Nemesis_

Who wants to compile a list of Lana's demos (or best demos) as well as the ones that are apparently from her new album?

ibw6QPWK24FphV.gif

I've missed so many ;_;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Applause's lyrics are ALL nonsense. It's about Gaga becoming The Fame itself or something. It sounds very well-executed, but messy nonetheless.
Eaux sorry I meant like just a straight bop no techno-yodelling middle 8 or anything.

Who wants to compile a list of Lana's demos (or best demos) as well as the ones that are apparently from her new album?

ibw6QPWK24FphV.gif

"Best demos" would be pretty subjective (most people don't like the first version of Trash and Put the Radio on as much as I do but they can sit)

http://lana-del-rey.wikia.com/wiki/Complete_Song_List

I can't think of any omissions on that list, but there could be a couple. That girl has more leaks then a cheap adult diaper, so..It could change in an hour.

Still mad about the versions of Yayo, Lolita and Diet Mountain Dew that actually got released.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Does Janet have any other songs that are in the same vein as Scream?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Point 1. I cannot Understand a damn thing she is saying in the verses
2. The song is pretty good aside from that glaring fact
3, and most importantly, why have I never seen a gif of her walking out that door like a bad bitch?

Still more please. I'm here for her upbeat stuff
Ooh this remix of if is pretty nice

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Does Janet have any other songs that are in the same vein as Scream?
"You" from Velvet Rope and "Trust A Try" from "All For You" also sort of come to mind for different reasons.

"Trust A Try" might be my favorite song of hers actually.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
"Alright"
"Make Me"
"Together Again"

"So Excited (Junior Vasquez Dance Radio Remix)"

"Love Will Never Do" might be my second favorite song of hers.

Matt_

"You" from Velvet Rope and "Trust A Try" from "All For You" also sort of come to mind for different reasons.

"Trust A Try" might be my favorite song of hers actually.

"The Pleasure Principle"
"Miss You Much"
"Because of Love"
"You Want This"
"Runaway"
"Throb"

"Alright"
"Make Me"
"Together Again"

"So Excited (Junior Vasquez Dance Radio Remix)"

"Love Will Never Do" might be my second favorite song of hers.

Thanks I'll get into them now
Her VMA performance is slaying me

Watching a string of Janet performances made me remember how much Britney was just a bad carbon copy of everything Janet did in her prime. It's actually kind of remarkable how she emulated her look and dance style so aggressively and got away with it the whole time.

Watching a string of Janet performances made me remember how much Britney was just a bad carbon copy of everything Janet did in her prime. It's actually kind of remarkable how she emulated her look and dance style so aggressively and got away with it the whole time.

Hyper sexualized white teenage girls don't get questioned about their influences.

Vashetti

Banned
So according to iTunes, Roar isn't out in the UK until the 8th of September...

Get the fuck out of here with that shit!

Everyone will have illegally downloaded it by then. Who's in charge of these delayed release dates?

It needs to be up TONIGHT just like in America.

2n10nt.gif

Yes, we're all actually pretty diverse, just attention is shifted to the bigger girls because their singles are close.

We talk about Rihanna a lot, and Christina Aguilera for some reason.

Welcome!
iPL9kgOaLyvLH.gif

Of course we do. Bey, Gaga, and Mother Perrysa just happen to be hot topics at the moment.

Yes, Cher and Xtina! :p I listen to Salena Gomez, Demi Lavato, Rihanna and Britney too. A whole bunch really, plus I love EDM in addition to Pop.

Awesome! Thanks for the welcome! I love music, everything about music and you can check my Last.fm for my hyped artist right now in my profile xD

Matt_

Everyone will have illegally downloaded it by then. Who's in charge of these delayed release dates?

2n10nt.gif

Another UK Popgaffer? Welcome to the superior fold

queenelizabethpurple2.gif

Vashetti

Banned
Ayyee! That's what's up!

No Kylie tho? :p

Talking about Leona, when is this chick coming back?

Get Outta My Way is a bop

She tried and scrapped half the good songs on her album. That bitch is all but done.

The Glassheart campaign was a fucking mess. You had fans literally begging her and her team on Twitter to release Glassheart (the song) and they throw out Lovebird.

She has a motown-inspired Christmas album coming out later this year.

Matt_

You fucking shits, like omg. It sounds so modern, can't believe it's from an album that came out in 1997
The beginning of Trust a Try had me kiiing, but the track is amazing
The Pleasure Principle and Miss you Much are a bit too eighties for my taste, but they're nice enough
Because of love is really cute, reminds me of the Fresh Prince theme for some reason
i6D7vJG0Ocws1.gif

Can't seem to find a proper version of You Want This on youtube, how odd
The runaway vid is making me scream. Not because the actual vid is funny, but because the uploader had her face fading in and out to avoid copyright. This song is real chill, super relaxing
I like Throb but her vocals are too quiet to hear anything. I watched this fan made video and Janet is FILTH!
Alright is alright with me. Catchy as fuck
I like Make Me, reminded me of 4 minutes/timbaland in general.
I had no idea Together Again was Janet, it's not been covered by Atomic Kitten or someone has it?
Prefer the original version of So Excited than that remix. The video is great

My main gripe is her whisper vocals. Some times they work really well with the song, other times you just can't understand a thing and it's just an annoying mumble over a beat

Can see why she's considered a legend though. She'd gone over my head before but I can hear alot of her sounds in modern music, and she handles a lot of genres really well. Has Janelle Monae ever said the Janet was an influence? They seem to have the same kinda swagger

The Glassheart campaign was a fucking mess. You had fans literally begging her and her team on Twitter to release Glassheart (the song) and they throw out Lovebird.

She has a motown-inspired Christmas album coming out later this year.
Hi sis. Let's commiserate together.

Some background: Leona wanted to release Fireflies as the second single (after Trouble), and stealth announced it on Twitter. Syco (her label in the UK) basically laughed and refused to release it, instead going with Lovebird, which they thought would be a safe choice after Trouble failed. It's a catchy, radio-friendly track, but radio wasn't checking for it, so it bombed.

Worst of all, Syco's marketing campaign for Lovebird was a trainwreck, as it wasn't even released as its own separate single on iTunes. Instead, it was sold as a Glassheart album track. No promo, no radio, terrible video. Leona just wasn't feeling it, and I have a feeling she's releasing this Christmas album just to satisfy the five-album deal with Syco and then bail the fuck out.

I just hope she's generous enough to share the tracks she scrapped from Glassheart, because the 1.0 tracks (Glassheart, Sugar, Fireflies especially) are the best tracks on the album. Fraser's stuff if kind of meh, Come Alive excepted.

Phreaker

Still on Janet I see

Let me stan with the flawless Pleasure Principle video.

Chase that Fame, Janet.

Simple and elegant video concept. Amazing choreo.

Control was legendary among my circle of friends. We were stanning it before we knew what stanning was. We all were body rockin' to it. We also watched Janet gain a bunch of weight then not see her for a while before the video of Pleasure Principle broke and we were all in shock by how fierce she looked. There was no Internet back then so we only saw bits on MTV News, some tabloid (Enquirer), or maybe something like Entertainment Tonight. I specifically remember hanging out in empty parking lots blasting the album from the car or a "ghetto blaster" and my friends and I dancing. Very Footloose of us tbh. It was one of the first 10 or so albums I owned on CD, as they were so new then.

Vashetti

Banned
Hi sis. Let's commiserate together.

Some background: Leona wanted to release Fireflies as the second single (after Trouble), and stealth announced it on Twitter. Syco (her label in the UK) basically laughed and refused to release it, instead going with Lovebird, which they thought would be a safe choice after Trouble failed. It's a catchy, radio-friendly track, but radio wasn't checking for it, so it bombed.

Worst of all, Syco's marketing campaign for Lovebird was a trainwreck, as it wasn't even released as its own separate single on iTunes. Instead, it was sold as a Glassheart album track. No promo, no radio, terrible video. Leona just wasn't feeling it, and I have a feeling she's releasing this Christmas album just to satisfy the five-album deal with Syco and then bail the fuck out.

I just hope she's generous enough to share the tracks she scrapped from Glassheart, because the 1.0 tracks (Glassheart, Sugar, Fireflies especially) are the best tracks on the album. Fraser's stuff if kind of meh, Come Alive excepted.

Yeah I know all about the Fireflies (amazing song by the way) drama. They even had a lyric video made for it.

Just ugh, her best album and it's going to be remembered as a flop.

Single choices should have been:

- Trouble (feat. Childish Gambino), with Gambino in the video as her love interest, also performing it live with her, selling it like a 'Love The Way You Lie' thing
- Glassheart
- Fireflies
- Sugar
- I To You
- Come Alive

Artemisia

Banned

2n10nt.gif

They do that because the UK singles charts are based on sales per week. By delaying the release and offering the song for pre-order, they can accumulate sales without charting. At the same time, the song is getting promoted via radio airplay. Then when the song is finally released, it will open with bigger numbers and a higher chart position than an immediate release would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom