• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Did Demi rehearse beforehand or...
iBtuj0l2wNpjr.gif

cory64

The higher the dynamic range is the better it sounds generally. The iTunes version is 5, a good number would be 8-10 or higher.

Damn, how many demos does Lana have floating around? lol

She has more demos than Rihanna has officially released tracks.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Damn, how many demos does Lana have floating around? lol

Most of the leaks are all really old. Some people are just withholding them and releasing them randomly.

They got to her newer songs (Angels Forever, Starry Eyed, Hollywood, Black Beauty) because they hacked Rick Nowels website.

Those Lana Demos reminded me of Tabitha from Bob's Burgers.

iuekFJGkA85Kr.gif

I watched this episode with someone who swears this is Vanessa Carlton shade.

Finally listening to Roar. It must be nice not to be held to any standards at all regarding lyricism and still get a guaranteed hit. She rhymed fire with fire. Come on.

"You held me down but I got up"
"uh uh uh o o oh"
Uh huh.

O...they better not be coming for White Houses, the hymen-rupturing anthem of a generation
itjPgwIxgFGMk.gif
MTE. I would listen to another White Houses, but Vanessa is too busy reading Hawking now.

Seems more like it's Tori Amos shade if anything.

I thought so too. Like she was the example but it was general socially conscious sad girl wants her sexual freedom shade though. People usually come for Tori or Joanna in this situation, unless they want to make a jailbait joke or something and then you poke fun at the video for Criminal

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lorde is the first female in 17 years to be #1 on US Alternative radio.

Wow *0*

ec20fb7f.gif

ec20fb7f.gif

ec20fb7f.gif

Idk who the last female was. I was but a wee child back then.

SaintZ

I've been spending all of my free time playing Tales of Xillia so I'm always behind with this thread RIP
I thought this was Selena Gomez.

What does PopGAF think? She's a local here.
Mess she sounds exactly like Selener and that's not a good thing.
:Giant biblio: That was truly awful, poor Demi.
MESS, earlier today I found out there were some leaks on the 8th and now this RIP.

ETA: Another one, Strange Love.

Strange Love sounds like it's for Tropico. It also sounds really finished.

Probably won't ever get a release. NO fan made that cover. Sabotage efforts.

B-Dex

Perra beat all the other hoes to the finish line. Guess summer starts now. These next few weeks are going to be interesting.

botty

Banned
this dream isn't feeling sweet
we're reeling through the midnight streets
and I've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

ibkssfIOQkRCvk.gif

Nemesis_

New Applause snippet has leaked.

A review from someone who has the full thing (and confirmed by leaking said snippet)

It’s hard to follow up a power anthem like Katy Perry’s new single “Roar.” Luckily, Lady Gaga has some wickedly theatrical vocals and a dream production team behind her.

“Applause” is not quite the followup you’d expect after the massive success of her previous first singles, “Bad Romance” and “Born This Way.” This song is actually rather mute in comparison. Still, this song says a lot about what could be coming from ARTPOP. This song is far more experimental, lyrically and instrumentally, than anything else on the radio. It almost sounds like a song you’d hear from Roisin Murphy or Kelis, but would never gain the popularity it deserves. Of course, since it’s Gaga that won’t be a problem.

Back to Gaga’s theatrical vocals, the verses are rather beautiful. Instead of typical polished pop princess vocals, Gaga kicks up the dramatics and delivers in a way you’d expect an actor to during a musical. At first it was kind of unnerving, but the way her voice wobbles as she sings “I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong,” grew to be one of my favorite parts of the song. She mimics this during the second verse also. Of course, the dramatic wobble effect isn’t nearly as much as Gaga shouting, “Put your hands up, make em touch! Make it real now!” or “Give me that thing that I love, turn the lights on!”

Musically, the song actually has a rather retro feel. If I could relate it to anything, it’d be an old school Nintendo or Sega Genesis game, but sprinkled with today’s production tricks. The clubs will eat this song alive. The way the beat robotically thuds under her vocals the earworm that will get this song stuck in your brain.

Radio? That’s a tricky one. Radio will either embrace is, or drop it as soon as the radio deal fizzles like Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Lovin.”

PS: She mentions something about being a coonce (sp?). I don’t know what that is, so if someone could let me know… it’ll help me better make sense of the verse, “One second I’m the coonce then suddenly the coonce is me.”​

http://martiantv.com/?p=3402

Nemesis_

So has the single been sent out to outlets to review or something, or is this just someone who got lucky, stumbled upon it somehow and decided to capitalise on it?

I seriously question whether she can control a leak for more than seven days at this point.

PS: She mentions something about being a coonce (sp?). I don’t know what that is, so if someone could let me know… it’ll help me better make sense of the verse, “One second I’m the coonce then suddenly the coonce is me.”
This is the snippet that leaked. Tumblr seems confused too.

Seems like either her team did it, and she's playing dumb or a bitter intern leaked it and she's really trying to reel it back in, but I don't think review copies were sent out, because at this point someone would have pulled the trigger and leaked it in full if multiple people had access. There would also be more review teasing and such for page hits.

Didn't martian used to specialize in leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom