• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

This is just so ridiculous I can't believe the whole song is out there but it isn't actually out there.

The monsters are doing the most

ibmff3Ufpd7xEj.gif

With all the snippets coming out there's no way it's not at least on SOMEONE's hard drive.
Then again Monsters are reporting anything remotely Gaga related.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh at Roar not being out till the 8th here. She deserves to flop with these shitty shenanigans

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
OMFOAMFNVFA

I need a hq clip lawd hammercy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
....So much more catchy then Roar, lol. Call me delusional or whatever. This deserves to smash.

I dunno, Roar has been stuck in my head on repeat since yesterday. Such a sing-along crowd pleaser. I love the glissando bass effect (and again the middle 8).

Either way it sounds like they're both set to slay. I cannot waiT.

Kyon

Banned
Roar was released at a time when people were asleep. Also the hilarity in idiots thinking the speed of your single going #1 on the iTunes chart means something. They'll never learn

Matt_

Roar was released at a time when people were asleep. Also the hilarity in idiots thinking the speed of your single going #1 on the iTunes chart means something. They'll never learn

Not that it really means anything, but surely if everyone is asleep, the only people up buying music would be the fans waiting up to buy it?

Kyon

Banned
Not that it really means anything, but surely if everyone is asleep, the only people up buying music would be the fans waiting up to buy it?

And again even Only Girl went up early and didnt hit #1 on iTunes the entire day yet still went #1.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Roar seems to be getting good, if not overwhelming, writeups.

So while the videos hinted at something slightly gothic-inspired, the album's first single, Roar – which leaked over the weekend ahead of its original premiere later today – sounds slightly toothless on first listen. Written and produced by the same people that worked on most of Teenage Dream (Dr Luke, Max Martin and songwriter Bonnie McKee), it's a mid-paced stompalong that touches on the fall-out from her marriage to Russell Brand in the verses ("You held me down, but I got up"), before exploding into a stadium-ready chorus that comes fully loaded with self-empowerment chants ("I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter, dancing through the fire"). At first, its radio-friendly precision is almost unnerving, but the success of Roar lies in its simplicity - it's a massive single from a massive pop star who knows exactly what she's doing, i.e. that if you put a drop just before the gigantic final chorus that you're basically onto a winner.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/aug/12/katy-perry-roar

PJustice love it:

We gave it 9/10 pretty quickly – the song starts off a bit 6/10 in a Cher Lloyd album track sort of way but very quickly gets on track once the first chorus hits.

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/...jamelias-reaction-to-an-exploding-box/118253/

Partition

Banned
And again even Only Girl went up early and didnt hit #1 on iTunes the entire day yet still went #1.

ITunes performance matters a lot more now with the recent Billboard change.

Only Girl was only at #1 for one week...
Born This Way was the fastest selling digital song in history at the time, went #1 in over 20 countries in under 5 hours, and was #1 for 6 consecutive weeks...

Kyon

Banned
ITunes performance matters a lot more now with the recent Billboard change.

Only Girl was only at #1 for one week...
Born This Way was the fastest selling digital song in history at the time, went #1 in over 20 countries in under 5 hours, and was #1 for 6 consecutive weeks...

Aaand the point went right over your head because you had to put in a PR statement about BTW's performance. I'm talking about the first week debut. Can you stop being delusional for one second and read

Matt_

Slightly better than what? Hearing someone doing a kazoo rendition through a megaphone from the far end of Wembley Stadium?

than the other ones that stop every second for no reason
stop being fussy and eat your veg

Partition

Banned
Aaand the point went right over your head because you had to put in a PR statement about BTW's performance. I'm talking about the first week debut. Can you stop being delusional for one second and read

I wasn't denying Roar won't go #1, it (probably) will, but longevity is more important.

Matt_

Yes it IS important. And it will have longevity since we're on the topic now that we switched to it. It will clock 3x platinum

Old platnium or new platinum?
I really don't like how they've included shit like YouTube videos in their awards now

Matt_

I'm sure when Gaga clocks her certifications y'all will have 0 problems with the new rules when receipt stanning

ibz7PyhVoBfkog.gif

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

What you being shady for? It was a general question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom