• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't get over how weak, vapid and basic Applause is. Anyone that had anything bad to say about MDNA better reconsider before stanning for this garbage.

And released as a first single??? The Gaga experiment is running on fumes. Just what else is in store for the rest of the album?

And the media. Now that will be interesting. Are they gonna keep saying that the farts Gaga releases smell like roses?

What a precipitous fall for a pop act. I honestly would have never imagined.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This dragging with just using Fifth Harmony
W6cyEMz.gif

Ties

Banned
But will a Girls Alocal song ever chart over seas? Fifth Harmony has virtually no promo and still managed to break into the Hot 100, with consistent positive updates.....small updates, but still positive...and chart over seas.

The ultimate irony here is that the person you love to drag so much, Xtina, has a debut single (from 1999) that is still selling digitally. Meanwhile, your beloved girl band has nothing selling.
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif

And why is it that a group with "no" fan base has song selling, but a group with a fan base has nothing selling? Do the math for me
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif

You keep coming for Fifth Harmony with shade that could easily be applied to your faves, and especially to Ms. Azealia "myalbumisnevercomingout" Banks.
I really can't get over how weak, vapid and basic Applause is. Anyone that had anything bad to say about MDNA better re-consider before stanning for this garbage.

And released as a first single??? The Gaga experiment is running on fumes. Just what else is in store for the rest of the album?

And the media. Now that will be interesting. Are they keep saying to their audiences that the farts Gaga releases smell like roses?

iWg3ImkOrnE7E.gif

Trigger

I have no idea if Applause is gonna be a huge hit or a huge dud.

I really have no idea. The sudden rush release won't help matters, nor will the inevitably bad reviews. But then again it's Gaga... she may find a way.

This era will be rough with such a messy start and little good will to sell off of. I'm thinking it'll be more dud than hit.

Hey, girls, just thought I would pop in to to say Katy wins round one applause is pretty baaaad.

As expected.

Finally got home to listen to Applause. It is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. The verses are meaningless junk.... but I barely notice them anyways.

I am not going to predict its radio performance yet, and imo Roar>>>>>>>>. Still, it is good enough to earn the Queen Louis seal of approval.

iQHaVT6cwa3gc.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Finally got home to listen to Applause. It is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. The verses are meaningless junk.... but I barely notice them anyways.

I am not going to predict its radio performance yet, and imo Roar>>>>>>>>. Still, it is good enough to earn the Queen Louis seal of approval.

you better praise and live for the applause applause

iiUrTl8wFUA2G.gif

xaosslug

But will a Girls Alocal song ever chart over seas? Fifth Harmony has virtually no promo and still managed to break into the Hot 100, with consistent positive updates.....small updates, but still positive...and chart over seas.

The ultimate irony here is that the person you love to drag so much, Xtina, has a debut single (from 1999) that is still selling digitally. Meanwhile, your beloved girl band has nothing selling.
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif

And why is it that a group with "no" fan base has song selling, but a group with a fan base has nothing selling? Do the math for me
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif
W6cyEMz.gif

You keep coming for Fifth Harmony with shade that could easily be applied to your faves, and especially to Ms. Azealia "myalbumisnevercomingout" Banks.

now, now not TOO much, honey. I think our good sis godelsmetric is still raw from all the Bey dragging.

iwoGn0oFKu5gf.gif

Ties

Banned
Um? Radio Queen?

Hm.
#Rihanna8 is in limbo at the moment so Katy can have the title for the time being while the exotic, trend setting goddess of the music industry is biding her time with her next album release.

She's just letting the other girls have their fun for the moment.

iiTudUmr71oLl.gif

I really can't get over how weak, vapid and basic Applause is. Anyone that had anything bad to say about MDNA better reconsider before stanning for this garbage.

And the media. Now that will be interesting. Are they gonna keep saying that the farts Gaga releases smell like roses?

Do you post about anything other than Lady Gaga?

Let me send out Born This Way in fashion while playing one if its best songs...

I'LL DANCE, DANCE, DANCE
WITH MY HANDS, HANDS, HANDS
ABOVE MY HEAD, HEAD, HEAD
ibcp7OQNpiStOC.gif

I'M GONNA DANCE, DANCE, DANCE
WITH MY HANDS, HANDS, HANDS
ABOVE MY HEAD
ibcp7OQNpiStOC.gif

DUM DUM DA DA DA
DUM DUM DA DA DA DA DA DA
DUM DUM DA DA DA
DUM DUM DA DA DA DA DA DA
DUM DUM DA DA DA
iiUrTl8wFUA2G.gif

I WON'T CRY FOR YOU
I WON'T CRUCIFY THE THINGS YOU DO DO DO
I WON'T CRY FOR YOU, SEE
WHEN YOU'RE GONE
I'LL STILL BE BLOODY MARY
ibxkpmsuUdvVfn.gif

I'm ready for you ARTPOP. I'm also ready for you tonight "Applause" in HQ.

The Queen has returned, and there's no stopping ha now.

Fitting how the radio queen of the generation dethroned the biggest hit of this decade.

iE9J9xWwE3C76.gif
But isn't this expected? She didn't dethrone it but has a new song that people want to hear. Of course it will hit number 1. It's how long it can stay there that matters. Bl was there for weeks. She officially dethrones it by beating Bl lasting power

Kyon

Banned
But isn't this expected? She didn't dethrone it but has a new song that people want to hear. Of course it will hit number 1. It's how long it can stay there that matters. Bl was there for weeks. She officially dethrones it by beating Bl lasting power

And she will clock it on radio with ease.

Do you not remember the TD era?

All the woman are cominG to clock that filth

Ties

Banned
You are deluded if you don't think Katy has any lasting power on the charts. Every single Teenage Dream single maintained and controlled the airwaves and charts for months. #ROAR is going to be a testament to Katy's DOMINATION

iFsF4bXsUmefW.gif

If it wasn't for Marry The Night then Gaga would have such a golden record. Every single was a top 10 hit except for one. ;___;

I typically don't give a shit about chart performance, but I kinda wanted her to retain dat Pixar record. lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why is there not an audio track on vevo?
Why is is not on my itunes? On amazon?

botty

Banned
If it wasn't for Marry The Night then Gaga would have such a golden record. Every single was a top 10 hit except for one. ;___;

I typically don't give a shit about chart performance, but I kinda wanted her to retain dat Pixar record. lol

Pixar lost their "record" title when Cars released.

3phemeral

Just heard Applause. I'm surprised I actually like it. Well, everything but those damned verses. She tires her damnedest to sound like Bowie on the verses. I can use everything but those. Falsetto use is pretty weak and ineffective, though.

I'll have to re-listen to Roar again to be fair, but it wasn't really punching for me.

xaosslug

And she will clock it on radio with ease.

Do you not remember the TD era?

All the woman are cominG to clock that filth

i'm skeptical. I mean BL broke decade-old records that Mariah and one of ha most epic-ally huge hits set... and Katy Kat is gun usurp it ' with ease'? OK!

iyVq4jwT9mr8E.gif

Kyon

Banned
i'm skeptical. I mean BL broke decade-old records that Mariah and one of ha most epic-ally huge hits set... and Katy Kat is gun usurp it ' with ease'? OK!

iyVq4jwT9mr8E.gif

I'm not saying it will be the biggest radio hit of all time in just talking about AirPlay for the single :)

With the girls making their return the filth will die down

cory64

Rihanna has spent 44 weeks at #1 on radio so far this decade (62 weeks total). Hew else?
Beyoncé managed 36 weeks from 2003-2009 (58 with DC from 2000-2009). Her wig has been thoroughly snatched.

Ties

Banned
I'm not saying it will be the biggest radio hit of all time in just talking about AirPlay for the single :)
I will be floored if Katy doesn't achieve success with Roar.

It is an anthem that can be played anywhere and everywhere. She is going to get a big paycheck for all of those movie trailers, stadiums, and commercials that will flock to feature her HIT.

DMeisterJ

Banned
#Rihanna8 is in limbo at the moment so Katy can have the title for the time being while the exotic, trend setting goddess of the music industry is biding her time with her next album release.

She's just letting the other girls have their fun for the moment.

iiTudUmr71oLl.gif

Oh, I agree with the tea. Rih is letting the other girls try it during her break.

isn't she the first artist to have 6 consecutive #1's from the same album for a good minute? I'd say Katy can be considered a 'radio queen' at this point.

Hm, no. Billboard has already effectively clocked the tea on this whole discussion. Rihanna is the #1 top 40 artist since the chart's inception. Not anyone else. Rihanna is the Radio Queen, much like she's the digital queen, as crowned by billboard.

idwl

The only good thing about applause is the chorus. The rest of it is cringe inducing. Katy wins this one.

Come on Britney.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Considering, as I said, Gods Aloud don't exist any more, I would say the chances of their charting anywhere are pretty slim. And I don't know if you're aware of this, but all of those places in the SotU list are overseas relative to the UK. 9th on the charts in Holland is enough to make Gods Aloud more global than Filth Hewmony's 27 in New Zealand.

If you consider the fact that there are a lot of good girl bands on the scene right now, and Filth Hewmony come across as Little Mix's official sound-a-likes' official sound-a-likes, is anybody surprised that they simply fail to exist in any meaningful dimension of relevance? I'll go with 'no'.

Ties

Banned
Oh, I agree with the tea. Rih is letting the other girls try it during her break
Wouldn't be surprised if Katy Pariah asked Rih to keep it quiet during her era in fear that she would get punched out by the upcoming global, number one, multi-Platinum lead single from Rihallah.

Such a good friend of her to do that and give Katy some much needed shine.

iW3bXTUHIPreV.gif

botty

Banned
Considering, as I said, Gods Aloud don't exist any more, I would say the chances of their charting anywhere are pretty slim. And I don't know if you're aware of this, but all of those places in the SotU list are overseas relative to the UK. 9th on the charts in Holland is enough to make Gods Aloud more global than Filth Hewmony's 27 in New Zealand.

If you consider the fact that there are a lot of good girl bands on the scene right now, and Filth Hewmony come across as Little Mix's official sound-a-likes' official sound-a-likes, is anybody surprised that they simply fail to exist in any meaningful dimension of relevance? I'll go with 'no'.

You're forgetting that Fifth Harmony is selling in other countries as well. Check Kworb. Your wikipedia receipts are as desolate as the talent that occupies each member of Girls Aloud.

And I love how you completely avoided the other scathing receipts I mentioned. Though this is probably a better approach for you, considering your stanning and shade has been an uphill battle on the iciest of slopes lately.

iRzHANeN8sV9Z.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You're forgetting that Fifth Harmony is selling in other countries as well. Check Kworb. Your wikipedia receipts are as desolate as the talent that occupies each member of Girls Aloud.

And I love how you completely avoided the other scathing receipts I mentioned. Though this is probably a better approach for you, considering your stanning and shade has been an uphill battle on the iciest of slopes lately.

iRzHANeN8sV9Z.gif

At what point have I ever denied Gods Alouds' locality, though? You're bringing this par-boiled brine offering it up like it's tea, and when I dismiss you, you pour it on my lap and call it a clocking. I'm not here for it.

The fact remains that Gods Aloud once held a Guinness World Record for their success (kiiiii), whereas Filth Hewmony have failed to be relevant so thoroughly that they borderline do not even exist.

Let's not even talk about the quality of the music, where Filth Hewmony are so far at the bottom of the shitheap of current girlbands that, barring a miracle, I'll be surprised if they stave off a job at McDonald's for even a year, let alone the decade of (local) slay that Gods Aloud brought to my green and pleasant land.

Anyway, I'm off to listen to Ten (in their review of this incredibly album, Gods Aloud were described by Slate magazine as 'the best British girlband of the past ten years'). Stay seething and ttfn xoxo

Applause's first verse is fabulous. The second one's so awkwardly structured. Especially the kunst line. The way she sings it makes you immediately notice the fact that you probably don't know what the fuck she's talking about. lol

Kyon

Banned
Applause's first verse is fabulous. The second one's so awkwardly structured. Especially the kunst line. The way she sings it makes you immediately notice the fact that you probably don't know what the fuck she's talking about. lol

All the verses are shit and the chorus is the only thing anyone can agree on
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

Ties

Banned
But wait Gaga has only ever clocked 2 weeks at #1 on radio. Even Ellie has more than that.
Gaga has never been that huge on radio. She has been lacking crossover appeal ever since the beginning of her career. Her receipts lie in tour gross and album sales. It is inevitable that Katy will block her on the charts and usurp Blurred Lymes radio dominance.
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

I disagree, I feel that the first verse is more of a struggle to get into due to not knowing what she is talking about and especially when she says 'I found the vein put it here' rushed. The second verse is much more listenable and easier to sing along to

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
But wait Gaga has only ever clocked 2 weeks at #1 on radio. Even Ellie has more than that.

Poo Rih, all those weeks at number #1 on radio and yet she still can't get higher single sales. I wonder if she will ever surpass Just Dance, Pokerface or Bad Romance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom