• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying though damn. Some people go in on people they personally don't know. I hate Rihanna as a person but not enough to tear her down.

I just find Beyoncé music better. I'm not making wild assumptions to why she chooses the direction she goes in. Rihanna was built to be a Beyoncé and a lot of people forget that. Am I not happy that she did a good job at doing that? Of course I'm happy. People think that Beyoncé is in direct competition with her and it's not like that. Shit even Rihanna praises Beyoncé herself! That's the irony of this whole thing. I feel Beyoncé no longer is making music to appeal to the masses and it's why she's taking so much time to do it. It's obvious she doesn't know what she wants to do because it's the first time she has ever took control of her music. Beyoncé is far from a flop.. Not even close. The woman is constantly compared to the great all the time. If she was such a flop she wouldn't be in the same sentence. Some people are some hard body fans that they can't even see that. Give the woman some damn credit. Destiny child was practically ran by her family and became a multimillion dollar success, she came out on her own and rubbed off her Destiny child's era. She has one of the best songs of the 2000's. She created dance moves that echo across the world... Let's be serious. Beyoncé is not your teen sensation anymore. She's on a different level. She doesn't need to compete with the youngens anymore. She really doesn't. She is set for life, between her husband and her daughter that's eventually going become a brand.

When you retire people start caring about what you have achieved in the past. When you are still trying (and failing) you are just a flop.

Partition

Banned
When you retire people start caring about what you have achieved in the past. When you are still trying (and failing) you are just a flop.

Basically this. MDNA is a prime example.

I don't see how Grown Woman/SOTS are meant to show some kind of artistic progression or say that Beyonce is moving away from "appealing to the masses". It more sounds like to me she really wants a mainstream hit again but is incapable of writing it. Hence why they are taking so long.

I'm saying though damn. Some people go in on people they personally don't know. I hate Rihanna as a person but not enough to tear her down.

I just find Beyoncé music better. I'm not making wild assumptions to why she chooses the direction she goes in. Rihanna was built to be a Beyoncé and a lot of people forget that. Am I not happy that she did a good job at doing that? Of course I'm happy. People think that Beyoncé is in direct competition with her and it's not like that. Shit even Rihanna praises Beyoncé herself! That's the irony of this whole thing. I feel Beyoncé no longer is making music to appeal to the masses and it's why she's taking so much time to do it. It's obvious she doesn't know what she wants to do because it's the first time she has ever took control of her music. Beyoncé is far from a flop.. Not even close. The woman is constantly compared to the great all the time. If she was such a flop she wouldn't be in the same sentence. Some people are some hard body fans that they can't even see that. Give the woman some damn credit. Destiny child was practically ran by her family and became a multimillion dollar success, she came out on her own and rubbed off her Destiny child's era. She has one of the best songs of the 2000's. She created dance moves that echo across the world... Let's be serious. Beyoncé is not your teen sensation anymore. She's on a different level. She doesn't need to compete with the youngens anymore. She really doesn't. She is set for life, between her husband and her daughter that's eventually going become a brand.

Thanks for being one of the few people in here who knows what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to Beyonce.

Artemisia

Banned

Nice list! I would strongly consider the bolded songs if I made my own.

Btw, you never finished your top pop songs list from before. You stopped just before the top 10.

botty

Banned
Don't know if you guys have heard but some people are accusing KP of ripping 'Brave' by Sara Barellies with 'Roar'

:( I'm not liking the sound of this.

Yeah that accusation was made way before the song leaked, and during the leak. It's basically the little monsters who are still running with it.

Thanks for being one of the few people in here who knows what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to Beyonce.

She's a girl.

Aguila

#ICONIC

Yas at Grins. It's truly EVERYTHING I've ever wanted from a dreampop song

The production, the chorus, the outro

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif
is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif
is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Maybe I see it differently but I don't think she's flopping. She's just not in the same genre. The music industry get in bad shape when everyone is trying to copy someone else success. When you people like Neyo saying 'Autotuning and dance music is bad' but then comes out with a dance track... It's really a site to see. Look Alicia Keys... She was so good, then she... Ugh.. Sold out. Everyone is going to keep dropping like flies because they are trying to be what they aren't. If Beyoncé does sell out.. I'm dropping her. Simple as that. There are so much more talent that's out there that I can listen to. I'm a hive but I'm not a blind hive lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My Top 10 music on 2013 (no particular order)

Katy Perry Roar
Janelle Monae Queen
Janelle Monae Electric Lady
Ariana Grande The Way
Annie Back Together
Lorde Royals
Azealia Banks Venus
Aluna George Superstar
Daft Punk Get Lucky
Lana Del Rey Young and Beautiful

Maybe I see it differently but I don't think she's flopping. She's just not in the same genre. The music industry get in bad shape when everyone is trying to copy someone else success. When you people like Neyo saying 'Autotuning and dance music is bad' but then comes out with a dance track... It's really a site to see. Look Alicia Keys... She was so good, then she... Ugh.. Sold out. Everyone is going to keep dropping like flies because they are trying to be what they aren't. If Beyoncé does sell out.. I'm dropping her. Simple as that. There are so much more talent that's out there that I can listen to. I'm a hive but I'm not a blind hive lol.

I think you are wrong simply because you see a 1:1 correlation between having success and selling out. That simply is not the case.

I think you are wrong simply because you see a 1:1 correlation between having success and selling out. That simply is not the case.

How would you explain it?

From what I have noticed... Especially in the music industry. Usually it takes one new sound to change the dynamics of the field. Once that sound lifts up, everyone changes to fit that style. Artists who were doing something different now have to sell and if the statistics show that this is where the market is, this is what we have to achieve to make it happen.

This is somehow the trend in pop music dating all the way back from the 60's. The artist that come and goes are the ones who fail to adapt to the sound because it's either they don't have the marketing power in the physical (appearance) to male it happen or a new contender comes in that does what they can't do anymore.

So in some ways, to be successful on the charts especially for your record label, you have to go the direction they want you to. They want the majority vote and that means shedding a little of who you are to do it. So in some ways, you have to sell out to do it. I've watch tons of producers explain this exact same details in regards to making the music that the artist have to make. They won't call it selling out, but they indirectly speak of it being that way. However it's not a 100% general consensus because some people are able to shine in that small narrow space.

@AyaisMUsikWhore

What do you think of Christina Aguilera?

I love Aguilera. She was my everything. I was stanning for her over Britney for 15 years of my life. Surprisingly.. I hated Beyoncé. I hated that bitch, hated her name.. Her everything. She irked me. Everyone would talk about her all the time and I was just disgusted me.

I put Xtina on such a high pedestal. I use to talk about how she was always better than Britney. Britney was a copy cat no talented wonder. Like everything.. But Xtina let me down when she though taking 4 year hiatus would allow her to make a fan like me who's hungry for music, be a stan forever. I eventually grew tried of her. If she wasn't having baby daddy problems, she was getting fat and cracking on other fat people when she got skinny and going out to the clubs with ugly ass lowlife looking dudes.

She then got cocky out of no where and I'm trying to think to myself like, where the fuck did all of this come from? Bitch where's the album at?!

And now,... I'm just neutral. I blame Xtina for making me a fucking Britney fan. It hurts so bad.. So bad lol.

How would you explain it?

From what I have noticed... Especially in the music industry. Usually it takes one new sound to change the dynamics of the field. Once that sound lifts up, everyone changes to fit that style. Artists who were doing something different now have to sell and if the statistics show that this is where the market is, this is what we have to achieve to make it happen.

This is somehow the trend in pop music dating all the way back from the 60's. The artist that come and goes are the ones who fail to adapt to the sound because it's either they don't have the marketing power in the physical (appearance) to male it happen or a new contender comes in that does what they can't do anymore.

So in some ways, to be successful on the charts especially for your record label, you have to go the direction they want you to. They want the majority vote and that means shedding a little of who you are to do it. So in some ways, you have to sell out to do it. I've watch tons of producers explain this exact same details in regards to making the music that the artist have to make. They won't call it selling out, but they indirectly speak of it being that way. However it's not a 100% general consensus because some people are able to shine in that small narrow space.

Some people flop, some people don't. That is just the nature of the industry.

Trying to deride anyone who manages to find success as being a "sellout" is just a way that fans of flops can feel better about their fav's performance imo.

xaosslug

I love Aguilera. She was my everything. I was stanning for her over Britney for 15 years of my life. Surprisingly.. I hated Beyoncé. I hated that bitch, hated her name.. Her everything. She irked me. Everyone would talk about her all the time and I was just disgusted me.

I put Xtina on such a high pedestal. I use to talk about how she was always better than Britney. Britney was a copy cat no talented wonder. Like everything.. But Xtina let me down when she though taking 4 year hiatus would allow her to make a fan like me who's hungry for music, be a stan forever. I eventually grew tried of her. If she wasn't having baby daddy problems, she was getting fat and cracking on other fat people when she got skinny and going out to the clubs with ugly ass lowlife looking dudes.

She then got cocky out of no where and I'm trying to think to myself like, where the fuck did all of this come from? Bitch where's the album at?!

And now,... I'm just neutral. I blame Xtina for making me a fucking Britney fan. It hurts so bad.. So bad lol.

oh, you're one of those messy stans that gets mad when your idol reveals that they're only human, and dreams up all kinds of bullshit to justify your manufactured dislike on account of them flopping... O. K.

ibfTC8ZEtMlhUZ.gif

Phreaker

So far "ARTPOP" has been in 2 of 2 songs. Is it going to be in some form on each of the songs on the album?

Applause is a much better dance song than Roar. That's probably why I like it better. I like Roar (bought it) and I'm sure it will be a hit on radio, but I bop way harder to Applause. That chorus is all things bright and colorful and good feeling. The pre-chorus sounds very Madonna-esqe to me, but I can't put my finger on it. The verses? I can deal, but it's the rest of the song that's got me ATM. I am living for it and I can't wait for the video!

botty

Banned

what in the world..

ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif

Some people flop, some people don't. That is just the nature of the industry.

Trying to deride anyone who manages to find success as being a "sellout" is just a way that fans of flops can feel better about their fav's performance imo.

Wow, I must be a fan of a lot of flops then because I hate when they stop doing what they do best. I'm sure if your favorite stop being who they were you probably wouldn't like it either. Lol I mean seriously. If adele went super pop, I would be kind of crushed in a way. What happened adele. Your a soulstress with so much talent, you don't need that. I love her the way she is. I can't imagine someone like Linkin Park going rock pop. I can't imagine prince coming out with a country album. I just can't. I'm sorry if that's how you look at it but it's my way. This goes beyond Beyoncé.. I don't just accept everything and it's the reason why I open my horizons. If Lana Del Rey ever... Ugh... I don't even want to go there.

Bladenic

Wow, I must be a fan of a lot of flops then because I hate when they stop doing what they do best. I'm sure if your favorite stop being who they were you probably wouldn't like it either. Lol I mean seriously. If adele went super pop, I would be kind of crushed in a way. What happened adele. Your a soulstress with so much talent, you don't need that. I love her the way she is. I can't imagine someone like Linkin Park going rock pop. I can't imagine prince coming out with a country album. I just can't. I'm sorry if that's how you look at it but it's my way. This goes beyond Beyoncé.. I don't just accept everything and it's the reason why I open my horizons. If Lana Del Rey ever... Ugh... I don't even want to go there.

Lana Del Rey is already a sellout according to most people. Also the examples you give are not examples of selling out lol. That's called experimentation.

oh, you're one of those messy stans that gets mad when your idol reveals that they're only human, and dreams up all kinds of bullshit to justify your manufactured dislike on account of them flopping... O. K.

ibfTC8ZEtMlhUZ.gif

How did you get that from all of that? Wow. I'm simple words...

I liked Britney music while Xtina was away.
Xtina had to handle her business I didn't care to much about. I don't watch celebrities for their life.
Either way, I think you guys have it all wrong. What it sounds like is not what it is. I'll just say I'm just very invested in the music more than the person. Liking the person always comes second. I've never started out growing an attachment to the artist singing the song, I do afterwards. So that's it. I love Xtina music then her, Britney music than her, Beyoncé music than her.. KP music than her.. That's it. Why do you guys think I'm immune to what you like lol. It baffles me. I'm just not overly gushy about who I like. I like everyone to a degree.. Some more than others but my arguments have always been about what I find in the music, not really the person.

When an artists changes their sound it CAN be for the better, or it could be for the worse. Either could flop or smash. You really have no evidence to link the two together.

Oh fuck.. Yall all have some good ass list! UMPH!!! Jesus! I'm falling all over the place here. I want to make one so bad debut but Urrrgggg I'm on my phone. I will when I get home. I can't do it at work but hot damn! Why aren't we talking about these!!?!

Yado

I love Xtina music then her, Britney music than her, Beyoncé music than her.. KP music than her.. That's it. Why do you guys think I'm immune to what you like lol. It baffles me. I'm just not overly gushy about who I like. I like everyone to a degree.. Some more than others but my arguments have always been about what I find in the music, not really the person.

This kind of rational thinking is what separates you from the rabid stans you'll encounter here. I wish you all the best.

ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Going back to Roar after playing Applause on repeat makes it seem so boring. The remixes cannot come soon enough.

I wonder if Gaga would be able to catch up to Katy even with the sloppy release. I'd be extremely impressed if she managed to debut higher, pretty slim chance though
I'm assuming whatever payola deal she had worked out would just be brought forward, right?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Going back to Roar after playing Applause on repeat makes it seem so boring. The remixes cannot come soon enough.

I wonder if Gaga would be able to catch up to Katy even with the sloppy release. I'd be extremely impressed if she managed to debut higher, pretty slim chance though
I'm assuming whatever payola deal she had worked out would just be brought forward, right?

The bigger deal is her missing a full day of sales, while Katy clocks more and more hours at #1 on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom