• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

oh god this is SO GOOD

I was freaking out tho. Her face was like expanding
19971843.gif

It was giving me Brazil teas

jrGJ8R1.png

1 Katy Perry - Roar 1.0000
2 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) 0.4265

Katy continues to soar past BL while the Haus can't seem to get Applause on iTunes even though they say it is.

That gap actually isn't that great. 1D had a bigger gap with their launch.

If she doesn't push him down to .3500-.3000 I have a hard time seeing her getting numbers high enough to threaten Gaga/#1.

Esch

Banned
Well, I guess we can say that, if juvenile as a Z rated rapper only rapped about it but didn't do it. Beyonce made people do it. There's a difference. Rapping about twerking is different than seeing your favorite star twerk. Dance parties around the world stop the track exactly at that part just to have the ladies "Uh Oh" and looped it over and over again. Steping contest in my middle school did not end without an "uh oh" not added in there lol!

Phase One started by Beyonce.

Oh Oh oh..another thing. You know that whinning thing Rihanna did and Rude Boy? Guess what that's called lol

You literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

This was recorded in like 2000

It received pretty solid airplay as I recall too. This dance came right out of the hip hop crunk and strip club scene. Not pop. The original twerk looks like this:

Beyonce has not popularized shit. She does not invent anything new, or do anything original. She is pretty much a trend rider total. That's understandable, she's a pop star. But your narrative of Beyonce inventing it is false, and your claim that she popularized it is laughable. The twerk fell out of popularity in the mid 00's when Young Money type shit became popular, and pretty much came back with the emergence of trap and Youtube based acts like the Twerk Team and growing references to strip club sh*t (KOD, etc).

Aguila

#ICONIC
It was giving me Brazil teas

http://i.imgur.com/jrGJ8R1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="cory64, post: 76097663"]Ratchet, use the Blu-ray transfer:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ptcFK6O.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

idk that movie, but those screencaps remind me of another movie where this guy was cutting the tops of people heads, exposing their brains, and cooking their brains, and eating them while his victims watched

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/19971843.gif
19971843.gif
19971843.gif

Nemesis_

idk that movie, but those screencaps remind me of another movie where this guy was cutting the tops of people heads, exposing their brains, and cooking their brains, and eating them while they watched

19971843.gif
19971843.gif
19971843.gif

You mean Hannibal?

Which reminds me, everyone should watch NBC's Hannibal

:3

Kyon

Banned

It received pretty solid airplay as I recall too. This dance came right out of the hip hop crunk and strip club scene. Not pop. The original twerk looks like this:

Beyonce has not popularized shit. She does not invent anything new, or do anything original. She is pretty much a trend rider total. That's understandable, she's a pop star. But your narrative of Beyonce inventing it is false, and your claim that she popularized it is laughable. The twerk fell out of popularity in the mid 00's when Young Money type shit became popular, and pretty much came back with the emergence of trap and Youtube based acts like the Twerk Team and growing references to strip club sh*t (KOD, etc).

WHERE IS THE DAMN MUTHERFUCKIN LIE?

Uh... most of us actually liked Beyonce up until I am... Bleaching Fierce. You are aware of her stealing and all-around shady ways, right? You are aware that she tends to recycle and repackage her material instead of showing growth and creativity, right? I used to stan Beyonce, and have no problem admitting when she has a good track or album, but I just can't stan for it anymore. Her stans try to paint her as this nice picture, while dragging down other people's faves...but it's just full of so much hypocrisy.

Whining is apart of Caribbean dance culture

ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

You know every artist does this right. I don't want to start the list.

Shady as in? Let's see, you can either believe what the media describes as "Shady" or what is known as "Giving credit"..

Recycle and Repackage? If there is one thing she does that proves this, is singing her old songs all the time which i actually hate. i want new material, but Mariah has done this her whole career..so has almost every Diva in the game. I give Rihanna credit for being the only one so far who hasn't done this.

Growth and Creativity is a musical choice. I can grow in my music without straying far from it. Ugh....Sasha Fierce was an example of this and....I hate talking about this album but this was the mistake that took her back. That album was atrocious and 4 threw her back into her roots. She has creativity, however what everyone is use to is what you are looking for. Stick with your other favs for that. Stop trying to get Beyonce to be like that.

Stan drag down any other Stan fav. As I explained before, its not exclusive to Beyonce. Wasn't this very same argument happening between little monsters and kitty kats? It briefly stopped at the cute tweets they had and then its back on because lady gaga forced out Applause.

Also the whine Rihanna does in particular is called.....The Beyonce Whine. I'm Jamaican....

As you were on the inside looking in, I was on the outside looking in.

Esch

Banned
Come to think of it, I can't tell. But her music and dress and skincolor are very chameleonlike, always changing to suit the times.
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

cory64

Week of 8/24: Blurred Lines
Week of 8/31: Applause (if it actually goes up on iTunes before Beyonic gets released)
Week of 9/07: Roar
Week of 9/14: Applause (VMAs bump)
Week of 9/21: Roar
Week of 9/28: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/5: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/12: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/19: 8ney lead single
Week of 10/26: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/2: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/9: Ri8na lead single
Week of 11/16: Ri8na lead single
Week of 11/23: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/30: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/7: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/14: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/21: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/28: Hold On, We're Going Home

royalan

Also the whine Rihanna does in particular is called.....The Beyonce Whine. I'm Jamaican....

As you were on the inside looking in, I was on the outside looking in.

Gurl, are you really trying to say that Beyonce invented the whine?

Her dance is nothing more than a bootleg dutty whine that was popularized in the US by Sean Paul the year before Beyonce went solo (2002) with Gimme The Light.

If you're Jamaican you should know that.

Week of 8/24: Blurred Lines
Week of 8/31: Applause (if it actually goes up on iTunes before Beyonic gets released)
Week of 9/07: Roar
Week of 9/14: Applause (VMAs bump)
Week of 9/21: Roar
Week of 9/28: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/5: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/12: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 10/19: 8ney lead single
Week of 10/26: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/2: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/9: Ri8na lead single
Week of 11/16: Ri8na lead single
Week of 11/23: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 11/30: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/7: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/14: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/21: Hold On, We're Going Home
Week of 12/28: Hold On, We're Going Home

No one can fault you for trying I suppose.

What ARE YOU talking about? Haha..let em start.

The Ying Yang twins rode with the actual WORD Twurk...It wasn't even spelt with an "E"...Twerking didn't get polarized in the world because it was only a fad in the south. It was an isolated dance move that stayed there. Like almost every southern dance. When Juvenile came out with the song "Back that ass up", it was well recieved, however the dance did not get huge because of it.

When the "Uh Oh" dance came out that was choreographed by a SOUTHERN DANCER and given to Beyonce....The dance move "Uh Oh" became polarized. It became an "Official dance" in the nation. It was no longer secluded to down south. The "Uh Oh" was a cleaner version to "Twurking" and the reason why it exist.

I'm not going to start on trends.....

And your bolded claim.....Laughable because your wrong. Twerking is bigger than ever than it was. Young money DID not promote it with trap. Trap became huge 2011, Twerking became an actual official dance in 2011.

Gurl, are you really trying to say that Beyonce invented the whine?

Her dance is nothing more than a bootleg dutty whine that was popularized in the US by Sean Paul the year before Beyonce went solo (2002) with Gimme The Light.

If you're Jamaican you should know that.

The Beyonce whine was created after Baby boy. The Dutty Wine came after it too with Tony Matterhorn. Sean Paul did not even start a Dutty wine, much less invented it. Not by a chance. Beyonce didn't invent the Beyonce whine..Vybz Kartel did. And that how that became famous.

botty

Banned
The Beyonce whine was created after Baby boy. The Dutty Wine came after it too with Tony Matterhorn. Sean Paul did not even start a Dutty wine, much less invented it. Not by a chance. Beyonce didn't invent the Beyonce whine..Vybz Kartel did. And that how that became famous.

I'm gonna need you to show me where Rihanna does the Beyonce whine in Rude Boy. Cause the only part of the Beyonce Whine is when she pops her ass up and down, which strippers and prostitutes have been doing for years.

Esch

Banned
What ARE YOU talking about? Haha..let em start.

The Ying Yang twins rode with the actual WORD Twurk...It wasn't even spelt with an "E"...Twerking didn't get polarized in the world because it was only a fad in the south. It was an isolated dance move that stayed there. Like almost every southern dance. When Juvenile came out with the song "Back that ass up", it was well recieved, however the dance did not get huge because of it.
uhhhh are you actually trying to split hairs over an E? if you know anything about the south, you should know we don't give a fukk about spelling. And no, it wasn't isolated. That song was in the top 20 nationwide hip hop plays. This is before the south took off and the east coast was still super popular (DMX, Jay, 50). Wrong wrong wrong.

When the "Uh Oh" dance came out that was choreographed by a SOUTHERN DANCER and given to Beyonce....The dance move "Uh Oh" became polarized. It became an "Official dance" in the nation. It was no longer secluded to down south. The "Uh Oh" was a cleaner version to "Twurking" and the reason why it exist.
There is no evidence to this claim whatsoever. Twerking, twurking, twerking was popularized by crunk music. Let me quote the Ying Yang twins again since Mumei took my gif away. This is twerking: "She got her hands up on her knees and her elbows on her thighs, she like to twerk and that's for certain I can tell that she fly.". End of. I've seen Bey's uh oh dance. It's an ass shake with her hands in the air. Lots of dances have ass shaking, not all of them are twerking.

Young money DID not promote it with trap.

You can't read.

Trap became huge 2011

Wrong again. Most people who know what's up see Jeezy, TI, and Gucci's big moves from 07-09 onto the radio as the genesis of that. You must have heard your first 2 Chainz song on the radio then, I suppose.

Twerking became an actual official dance in 2011.
Under whose authority? Clearly not yours. There were hoes twerking in the Get Low video in 03. A worldwide hit, with a video on national television. Timbo was telling gerls to twerk on Sexyback. I'll give Bey this, she's from Houston so she definitely knew what twerking was as evidenced by this unreleased cut you probably didn't even know about. OMG LOOK SHES NOT SPELLING IT WITH AN E SHE DOESNT KNOW WHAT TWERKING IS LOLOLOL BUT. She didn't popularize anything. It was in a national lexicon far before you contend.

isuZXpNyoZbqz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom