• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Not a fair comparison because Gaga didn't tweet the link right away and there's probably a lot of lag but Roar had already charted in the top 100 by this point.

Styles

Today marks the 1 year anniversary for Taylor's lead single, " We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". The song opened with 623k copies and went on to top the Hot 100 for 3 non-consecutive weeks.

BRhO8bVCAAAmMKF.jpg:large

i7rlGCJSXrhES.gif

Will Gaga and/or Perry be able break the record for biggest opening for a female artist, like ever?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Umm, we know it was rushed. It was meant to be launching next week.
No shit. But people have been saying the leak, etc. was intentional by her camp. If that was the case, I think it would have all come down slightly differently.

Can you put a pre-order for an album on iTunes WITHOUT cover artwork?
Why did she have to put the entire album up right now? Why not just the single?

Bey has had an impact for sure. But she is on the hitlist lately and will get dragged to the pits.

Tbh I don't care. The irony is, Bey fans so call drag others down... Not seeing the difference here. I give credit where credit is due. On the other side, there is no compromise. She did polarize something whether people want to derail it or not.

Nemesis_

No shit. But people have been saying the leak, etc. was intentional by her camp. If that was the case, I think it would have all come down slightly differently.

People like conspiracy theories.

Why did she have to put the entire album up right now? Why not just the single?

I am not really sure, to be quite honest. Does anyone else know what the benefits are?

Stefan™;76109831 said:
Today marks the 1 year anniversary for Taylor's lead single, " We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". The song opened with 623k copies and went on to top the Hot 100 for 3 non-consecutive weeks.

BRhO8bVCAAAmMKF.jpg:large

i7rlGCJSXrhES.gif

Will Gaga and/or Perry be able break the record for biggest opening for a female artist, like ever?

Now this was truly an anthem. I couldn't go a day without hearing this at least 10 times on something. I give Taylor credit for that. I don't think Applause nor Roar can do that.. But I Could be wrong hehehehe

Bladenic

Monster should've been higher :'(

But now let me go relisten to TFM and The Fame singles. Iconic.

And I bought Applause which I never do (buy songs). But it's kind of slaying me now. I ain't buying Roar though.

Nemesis_

I just like, I like that Gaga makes people feel less inhibited to do things like post ridiculous choreography videos on YouTube. I think that's great.

But I just feel so embarrassed for these people at the same time.

:(

messT, my choreo would be much better and less hectic.
that totally almost kind of looks like me wtf

I may or may not have picked this video specifically because of that reason. >_>

Styles

I live for the applause, applause, applause
I live for the applause-plause, live for the applause-plause
Live for the way that cheer and scream for me
The applause, applause, applause

This part is still giving me absolute LIFE; such a massive hook.

And I've just realised that Gaga released her single on the same date as Taylor. August 13th. The Lord, Her impacT.
8f70c6ea.gif

Wait... she didnt release a single version? Ugh, I hope the $15 price tag scares people away and they just buy the song cause ch....

A damn mess.

royalan

I'm done. No matter what I say someone is going to derail it again and again and again and again to make it seem like Beyoncé had no part in anything that happened in Pop Culture.. I saw exactly what I need to see to prove my point as always.

Moving on. I'm not going to continue this argument.. It's like 5 against 1..

Ugh...because I like you...

If I HAD to credit Beyonce with any contribution to Pop Culture, I wouldn't narrow it to something as ultimately minor as the whine.

What Beyonce did that nobody had really done in years was bring Fierce back to the public conscious. Before her, the typical archetype for the R&B-Pop girl was The Laid Back Relatable Chick. This was in large part due to the popularity of girls like Brandy, Monica and Aaliyah, who really embodied that persona.

What Beyonce brought that was so compelling was the type of hyper-feminine, almost intimidating panache that we hadn't seen since Tina Turner and Donna Summer. Beyonce was big hair, big cleavage, big make-up, long legs and high heels. She was sex, power and independence. And nobody, NOBODY, was stomping out a stage like she was.

When Beyonce performed with Prince at the Grammys perfectly demonstrates this ferocity that was so unique to her, and is still probably my favorite Beyonce moment.

This is why B'Day will always remain her magnum opus. It was the one time her on-stage attitude was in perfect sync with the music she was making...and before she would feel the need to split of her Diva-ness into its own persona.

Basically, any time you see a girl put on a pair of stilettos and attempt to strut down a stage, that's Beyonce's contribution.

Mau ®

I just listened to Applause and I find it rather disappointing. Roar is the catchier, fun song imo.

Perched for the chart battle tbh.

Fey

Banned
let me just buy roar and applause and decide which one is superior in the morning

i9OCv9fDGh9A0.gif

applause has gone down quite a biT imo and, looking at people's thoughts, i feel roar deserves another listen or 2.

Ugh...because I like you...

If I HAD to credit Beyonce with any contribution to Pop Culture, I wouldn't narrow it to something as ultimately minor as the whine.

What Beyonce did that nobody had really done in years was bring Fierce back to the public conscious. Before her, the typical archetype for the R&B-Pop girl was The Laid Back Relatable Chick. This was in large part due to the popularity of girls like Brandy, Monica and Aaliyah, who really embodied that persona.

What Beyonce brought that was so compelling was the type of hyper-feminine, almost intimidating panache that we hadn't seen since Tina Turner and Donna Summer. Beyonce was big hair, big cleavage, big make-up, long legs and high heels. She was sex, power and independence. And nobody, NOBODY, was stomping out a stage like she was.

When Beyonce performed with Prince at the Grammys perfectly demonstrates this ferocity that was so unique to her, and is still probably my favorite Beyonce moment.

This is why B'Day will always remain her magnum opus. It was the one time her on-stage attitude was in perfect sync with the music she was making...and before she would feel the need to split of her Diva-ness into its own persona.

Basically, any time you see a girl put on a pair of stilettos and attempt to strut down a stage, that's Beyonce's contribution.

Are you sure your not Michelle? Lol

I don't get this at all. If you can say all of this, who is truly what Beyoncé to this day still is, why so much shade? Why can't we just appreciate this and call it a day. If this was all Beyoncé was known for.. That's something. I always called her my modern day Tina because I felt she definitely molded herself off of her, multiple times. I get that yall probably have some other problems with her but the woman is the most hardworking women in the industry. She shouldn't get dragged like she was some wannabe on the street begging for change.

Fuck it, she needs her own label to get fresh faces.. Also tell Jay-Z to drop that wanna be Rihanna.. Rita Ora

Touchdown

Banned
let me just buy roar and applause and decide which one is superior in the morning

i9OCv9fDGh9A0.gif

applause has gone down quite a bit and, looking at people's thoughts, i feel roar deserves another listen or 2.

think im gonna do the same. I like to sleep on important decisions.

tumblr_luplq5DOoi1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

Bladenic

Pre-ordered Artpop. I never do that lol

Also pre ordered HAIM's debut because they deserve the coins.

And wait at Miley still holding at #3 on iTunes. Certified smash, Demi and Selena tried though.

Yado

I'm listening to End Of Time and it would probably have made a better first single that RTW (which shouldn't even exist)

I'll be your baby
Promise not to let you go
Love you like crazy
Now say you'll never let me go
Say you'll never let me go

isfDRBtTWiOam.gif

Sigh... This is hard. To or to not pre-order ArtPOP... This is like the hardest choice I had to make all year. The anxiety is building..

I'm listening to End Of Time and it would probably have made a better first single that RTW (which shouldn't even exist)

I'll be your baby
Promise not to let you go
Love you like crazy
Now say you'll never let me go

isfDRBtTWiOam.gif

I loved EOT but I feel like the Video for RTW redeemed the song for me. I'll never forget the first day I heard it. I shut the radio off and threw it. Not even lying. Since I listen to a lot of electronic music, I knew it was the major lazer demo that she used and I was angry. Video equalled happiness and then the song grew. I thought EOT became a single though?

royalan

Are you sure your not Michelle? Lol

I don't get this at all. If you can say all of this, who is truly what Beyoncé to this day still is, why so much shade? Why can't we just appreciate this and call it a day. If this was all Beyoncé was known for.. That's something. I always called her my modern day Tina because I felt she definitely molded herself off of her, multiple times. I get that yall probably have some other problems with her but the woman is the most hardworking women in the industry. She shouldn't get dragged like she was some wannabe on the street begging for change.

Fuck it, she needs her own label to get fresh faces.. Also tell Jay-Z to drop that wanna be Rihanna.. Rita Ora

I shade Beyonce because the music industry isn't a labor camp. I couldn't give a single fuck about your good work ethic if the music you put out is crap. And, lately, the music Bey puts out is bad, simple as.

She's still the same woman she was during B'Day...sorta. The only thing she's missing now are...well, Bops. I feel like the Beyonce we have now is too safe. Too stuck in a rut because she's so used to everyone kissing her ass that she no longer works on her artistry when it comes to her music, just her performance, because that's what comes easiest to her. It's the opposite of the problem I have with my fave Xtina these days - who can still make magic in the studio, but doesn't put any effort into any other aspect of her career (although that's about to change...).

Besides that, I just don't vibe with some of the shit she and her husband do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom