• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

WaiT:

43 Sara Bareilles - Brave

Roar's impact
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

:

botty

Banned
cosmic bus, that video you posted the other day was the most demented thing I've seen in a while. Not often you see a pretty white girl have a party in her head.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibyDd7Pbnwo9yS.png

PREVIOUSLY:

#42 - #38
#37 - #33
#32 - #28
#27 - #23
#27 - #23
#22 - #16
#15 - #11

==============================================

#10 - Alejandro from The Fame Monster

#9 - Poker Face from The Fame

#8 - Monster from The Fame Monster

#7 - Dance In The Dark from The Fame Monster

#6 - The Edge of Glory from Born This Way

#5 - Paparazzi from The Fame

#4 - Telephone from The Fame Monster

3 Left, guess the order

SatchWife.png

Nemesis_

Did So Happy I Could Slay Your Faves chart yet?

a damn travesty at telephone being higher than Monster and Paparazzi.

SHICD isn't on the list yet, I can't believe it made the top 3 ;_;

Telephone shouldn't be that high but I guess the BeyHive are paying respects to Gaga for getting their fave a hit so maybe that's why it's so high.

cory64

So Katy had a full 24 hour lead over Applause. Let's see how this pans out.

edit: mess that ARTPOP link is for the clean version I'd link to the explicit one but, you know.

Nemesis_

Guys, the Applause track is not edited, there is no explicit or clean version. Every version of Applause is the same.

And I'm sorry for linking the wrong one ;_;

Phreaker

Yeah, I went into my account and canceled the pre-order for the clean one and got the explicit one. It didn't re-download Applause. No biggie, glad I got it. :)

Edit: Oh, maybe it did. I don't know. Apple is cool if you use the Report A Problem link. I bought a dumb ring tone once instead of the song. doh. They credited it back, no problem.

royalan

The Beyonce whine was created after Baby boy. The Dutty Wine came after it too with Tony Matterhorn. Sean Paul did not even start a Dutty wine, much less invented it. Not by a chance. Beyonce didn't invent the Beyonce whine..Vybz Kartel did. And that how that became famous.

The whine that we see Beyonce do is a rip of the dance done in Gimme The Light, specifically by this dancer.

I mean come on, Sean Paul is even in Beyonce's video for Baby Boy.

I'm not saying that Sean Paul invented the whine, but he did popularize modern Caribbean dance moves in the States (it had been popular in the early 90s, but went through a lull until the early 2000s). Nobody was dancing like that here until Sean Paul blew up.

Heck, I remember when Sean Paul went on 106 and Park and when Gimme The Light was blowing up on radio, he brought that ONE dancer with him to teach the audience how to do the dance she does in the video.

Esch

Banned
The whine that we see Beyonce do is a rip of the dance done in Gimme The Light, specifically by this dancer.

I mean come on, Sean Paul is even in Beyonce's video for Baby Boy.

I'm not saying that Sean Paul invented the whine, but he did popularize modern Caribbean dance moves in the States (it had been popular in the early 90s, but went through a lull until the early 2000s). Nobody was dancing like that here until Sean Paul blew up.

Heck, I remember when Sean Paul went on 106 and Park and when Gimme The Light was blowing up on radio, he brought that ONE dancer with him to teach the audience how to do the dance she does in the video.
She's beyond help fam. She's been looking at Beyonce albums till her eyes dried out from lack of blinking. She probably has a destiny's child comforter. She lost her goddamn mind.

I'm done. No matter what I say someone is going to derail it again and again and again and again to make it seem like Beyoncé had no part in anything that happened in Pop Culture.. I saw exactly what I need to see to prove my point as always.

Moving on. I'm not going to continue this argument.. It's like 5 against 1..

cory64

I'm done. No matter what I say someone is going to derail it again and again and again and again to make it seem like Beyoncé had no part in anything that happened in Pop Culture.. I saw exactly what I need to see to prove my point as always.

Bootylicious made it into the OED.

B-Dex

Bey has had an impact for sure. But she is on the hitlist lately and will get dragged to the pits.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
You know, I don't mind the song. I just really fucking wish I could understand what she was saying. It all just sounds like noise.

Also...let's talk about the album cover. That actually makes me wonder if this really was a rushed, unplanned release that was executed extremely poorly. Why put the entire album up for preorder with the single's cover?

ARTPOP has 15 tracks, with Applause being the final song.

Wonder if people will call half this album filler like they did with BTW. More is more though tbh.

Nemesis_

You know, I don't mind the song. I just really fucking wish I could understand what she was saying. It all just sounds like noise.

Also...let's talk about the album cover. That actually makes me wonder if this really was a rushed, unplanned release that was executed extremely poorly. Why put the entire album up for preorder with the single's cover?

Umm, we know it was rushed. It was meant to be launching next week.

Can you put a pre-order for an album on iTunes WITHOUT cover artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom