• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Nem
b0tSYgd.png

ibrMoPCL7oF6tN.gif

royalan

Frighteningly accurate. I can just see Katy and her team ruminating around a moodboard with screencaps from The Craft and Cruel Intentions, trying to nail "darkness"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was getting The Craft teas from Katy's look.

Let me see if that movie's on Netflix...

This album was released the same time as Applause/ARTPOP and it has charted in the top 10 already.

I shade Beyonce because the music industry isn't a labor camp. I couldn't give a single fuck about your good work ethic if the music you put out is crap. And, lately, the music Bey puts out is bad, simple as.

She's still the same woman she was during B'Day...sorta. The only thing she's missing now are...well, Bops. I feel like the Beyonce we have now is too safe. Too stuck in a rut because she's so used to everyone kissing her ass that she no longer works on her artistry when it comes to her music, just her performance, because that's what comes easiest to her. It's the opposite of the problem I have with my fave Xtina these days - who can still make magic in the studio, but doesn't put any effort into any other aspect of her career (although that's about to change...).

Besides that, I just don't vibe with some of the shit she and her husband do.

Trucing right here. However Xtina... How did she become your fav.. This is interesting.

Frighteningly accurate. I can just see Katy and her team ruminating around a moodboard with screencaps from The Craft and Cruel Intentions, trying to nail "darkness"

This is what I'm also imagining. Can she not. You can't just jump from cotton candy wigs a whip cream tits to black platforms and neo-goth aspirations. Rude.

Bladenic

We can't Stop has sold 1.7 million digital copies and also debuted at #1 in the UK with 128k sold first week. Global smash

Meanwhile Wake Me Up by Avicii has gone #1 in over 20 countries. Global Smash.

This fall will be BLESSED with music. I can't wait.

"How many countries are there actually?"
I will buy your single if you promise to buy a globe. Or learn to google. Or stop thinking it is cute to sound unintelligent.

I'm going to chalk Applause at #7 and not #2 up to the fact that it got released late on a monday night, giving the Monsters benefit of the doubt that they have education and jobs to tend to, and there are not currently more people buying that shitty Imagine Dragons song.

But it's probably just a flop.
edit: the itunes site is saying that, in a misogynistic feat for the ages, Blurred Lines has over taken Roar and is back to #1.. Opening iTunes says Roar is still #1 though.

cory64

edit: the itunes site is saying that, in a misogynistic feat for the ages, Blurred Lines has over taken Roar and is back to #1.. Opening iTunes says Roar is still #1 though.
The first column gets junk numbers every so often.
First column = current values, second column = most recent OK values
edit: back to normal
Lady Gaga - Applause 0.1953
Lady Gaga - Applause 0.0538

Failing to see the similarity. Except for both having their faces in it.

Oh, pic hadn't loaded. My bad.

The Madonna thing looks like the MJ "Leave me Alone" video.

It's the same concept. It calls out the critics and then spins the message on its head.

Except one is used on an actual artistic setting and the other one uses it for marketing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom