• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have awoken and it's STILL not on UK itunes
Itunes popped and said I could change my store location though, does that work or will it fuck up all my billing shit?

edit; Not that it means anything, but Applause has surpassed Roar with Likes and comments on youtube
Dislikes too but I'd be more surprised if she didn't

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Katy Perry accused of stealing Thiefonce and her influence

The claim is a load of shit

edit; Detox attacking Gaga when filming She looks petrified
i6D7vJG0Ocws1.gif

Matt_

For what it's worth, they weren't fighting they were apparently reenacting a scene from Orange Is The New Black

Yeh I saw on ATRL, but then I saw on his twitter that he has no time for her so I don't know whether he was just being shady :L

edit; UK DJ gushing over applause with a hugely positive response through texts. I wonder if she will beat out Ellie to get #1 this week, BTW peaked at 3 here

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm done. No matter what I say someone is going to derail it again and again and again and again to make it seem like Beyoncé had no part in anything that happened in Pop Culture.. I saw exactly what I need to see to prove my point as always.

Moving on. I'm not going to continue this argument.. It's like 5 against 1..

There is literally no point engaging them sis. Keep your enjoyment of Beyoncé to yourself in PopGAF, you will only receive shit for it.

this ban on beyoncé 'propaganda' to 'protect the children' is clearly a diversion tactic to keep the popgaf general public unaware of the reality that gaga sucks. the current regime is so transparent.
tumblr_inline_mo37al2yTh1qz4rgp.gif

boycott sochi

Nemesis_

Poor pressed Bey stans.

In case you're not following the OT:

LISTEN TO APPLAUSE: -
Note that inactive links will appear greyed out

Z7fYQqp.png
tUUxF63.png
Links Last Updated: 13th August 2013

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So are we all agreed that the verses and applause applause applause bit of Applause are the best parts? The make them touch bit sounds like generic euro pop the more I listen to it.

Matt_

That picture looks an awful lot like Prince
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

In other news, Applause still isn't on itunes, so I've momentarily transitioned to Ellie Goudling - Burn and it's slaying me all over again

ibqvcgexB9O183.gif

I wont even be pressed if it retains the number 1 spot this week

Matt_

Good Morning America ‏@GMA 11m
.@ladygaga will be on @GMA Monday premiering her new video! Who's tuning in?

GMA is pretty big right?

Matt_

And I'm sure GMA just cancelled whoever was supposed to be on there this morning to make room for her, yesterday.

I am really confused as to what you're trying to say
GMA have just announced that Gaga will be on their show on the 19th and they will play the music video. 19th was the original release date and Gaga said the video was coming the same day, so this would have been booked ages ago
GMA haven't canceled anything today there show is going on this morning like it normally would

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am really confused as to what you're trying to say
GMA have just announced that Gaga will be on their show on the 19th and they will play the music video. 19th was the original release date and Gaga said the video was coming the same day, so this would have been booked ages ago
GMA haven't canceled anything today there show is going on this morning like it normally would
Oh, I misread the tweet. My bad.

[edit]Pathetic disgusting 5th grade education strikes again etc.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have no idea how anybody could think the bridge isn't the best bit of Applause. Every time it hits I sing along, and then get a bit disappointed by the chorus.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The disappointing chorus of Applause is still ten times better than Roar. Seriously curb stomped Katy.

tumblr_m42qysT1sF1r58lid.gif

Not even close though, Roar's chorus is a massive singalong. In fact the songs are the complete opposite for me, Applause fails to deliver on the promise of the verse and bridge, Roar overdelivers on value in the chorus.

[edit] Paging Mummei for a singing analysis: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/universe/black_hole_sound.html

Astronomers in England have discovered a singing black hole in a distant cluster of galaxies. In the process of listening in, the team of astronomers not only heard the lowest sound waves from an object in the Universe ever detected by humans, but they've also discovered an important clue about the formation of galaxy clusters -- the largest structures in the cosmos.

[...]

Using the piano keyboard's middle C note as a reference point for the middle of the piano key music range, Fabian's team determined the note is a B -flat. On a piano, the B-flat nearest middle C is located midway between 1/8th and 2/8th of an octave away. In musical terminology, this B flat is 1-1/2 steps from middle C.

But are they as Emotive™ as Rihanna?

Courage

A massive singalong that is a poor derivative of her previous successful hits and with lyrics that a kindergartner would cringe at.
tumblr_inline_mo364aIdpe1qz4rgp.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A massive singalong that is a poor derivative of her previous successful hits and with lyrics that a kindergartner would cringe at.
tumblr_inline_mo364aIdpe1qz4rgp.gif

2095c354.gif
@ a 'poor derivative of her previous successful hits and lyrics that a kindergartner would cringe at' are better than Lady Gaga's best effort

Courage

At least I can hope for the rest of Gaga's album to be better, I already know Perry's new album is gonna sound just as bad as this shit single.
tumblr_inline_mo36lxVahl1qz4rgp.gif

Matt_

Applause isn't on UK iTunes according to Kworb, so Ellie is safe for now

2n91shlllv1.gif

I did my bit and bought ha this morning, even though the album is just round the corner
Hadn't realised that she only released last night

Nemesis_

Courage is spilling the partial truth tea and I'm here for it.

I'm not here for Applause still not being on fucking iTunes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
At least I can hope for the rest of Gaga's album to be better, I already know Perry's new album is gonna sound just as bad as this shit single.
tumblr_inline_mo36lxVahl1qz4rgp.gif

Six great singles from Teenage Dream pegs it as a better album than Born This Way though; so I would say the evidence for your statement is lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom