• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

She's FINALLY up in the UK
Single bought and album preordered

Was a fucking pain trying to find it though, they don't make it easy

I know, I had to scroll through 42 different karaoke album before I found it. And even then I only found it because the button was orange. ;_;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
they both suck

i9OCv9fDGh9A0.gif

save us 8ney

That wont happen.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I know, I had to scroll through 42 different karaoke album before I found it. And even then I only found it because the button was orange. ;_;

Kiiiii
She has like 350 songs on UK itunes and applause/artpop was sitting it's ass right at the bottom. Ain't nobody got time for that
edit; this taco bell advert. Fast food places do steak in the us?

I'm honestly surprised at how positive the reception has been for Applause. I was expecting another polarizing BTW-level release, where the fans love it but most of the general public chides it. This time it seems that even non-pop fans are enjoying it for what it is. I can't say the same about Roar at this point. It seems Gaga struck a perfect balance between sounding different but not too radical. Roar on the other hand is exactly what everyone expected.

Nemesis_

I'm honestly surprised at how positive the reception has been for Applause. I was expecting another polarizing BTW-level release, where the fans love it but most of the general public chides it. This time it seems that even non-pop fans are enjoying it for what it is. I can't say the same about Roar at this point. It seems Gaga struck a perfect balance between sounding different but not too radical. Roar on the other hand is exactly what everyone expected.

Anecdotal, but people of all ages on my feed are digging it which is quite refreshing. I am fairly certain that most of the critics are divided on it still - most of which who are negative on it however seem to vastly prefer Aura/Burqa/Awrah so at least it's a win for Gaga either way lol

Digital Sales, USA - Last 24 hours:

1) Katy Perry, Roar: 87,192
2) Lady Gaga, Applause: 44,075

Applause being out half as long with half the sales... seems like they're performing similarly then, right?

I don't know why they released two versions - there aren't even any expletives in the song as far as I can tell :/

I think there's just two versions of the album, the single is the same either way...

I think Applause is at a disadvantage right now because iTunes seems to be promoting the ALBUM first, plus downloading Applause with a pre-order doesn't count for single sales. Considering that ARTPOP is sitting at number two right now tells me that there are a lot of unaccounted Applause sales today. Too bad.

Nemesis_

I think there's just two versions of the album, the single is the same either way...

I think Applause is at a disadvantage right now because iTunes seems to be promoting the ALBUM first, plus downloading Applause with a pre-order doesn't count for single sales. Considering that ARTPOP is sitting at number two right now tells me that there are a lot of unaccounted Applause sales today. Too bad.

The pre-orders do count apparently, a lot of the fansites managed to clock that tea earlier today. I just don't think it has the momentum right now.

Anyway, I was listening to Roar again to see if maybe I missed something. I didn't. But I found this.

I don't know if you guys ever tried this, but Stuart Price really did a good job remixing Part Of Me and making it bearable tbh

http://open.spotify.com/track/3XSczvk4MRteOw4Yx3lqMU

Applause being out half as long with half the sales... seems like they're performing similarly then, right?

Well Gaga's were in the middle of the night, while Katy's includes the afternoon.

I fully expect Gaga to outsell her by 50-100k or so.

Hmmmm this is interesting. Wait.how do you find these numbers?

I don't know. Both Roar and Applause doesn't do it for me but I will be actively watching Hypem for remixes. I can't do the songs in there normal format. Applause is too loud. I have SOL Republic's and listening to Applause, there was so much Highs, that all her mids in her vocals was drowned. It sounded soo washed out like it needed to be bumped up a couple of Hz just to hear her.

Roar on the other hand is the opposite. I think the beat for me just falls flat. Since that is usually what initially gets me into the song, it was so dry. There was a build but it did that sliding affect that I hate. however I hate drops more so I can accept it in a way. So, I'm definitely waiting for a Remix for both. I'm hoping one of my fav DJ's can work some magic for me so I can appreciate the songs in a different format.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Anything interesting happening or is it the same shit?

I'm only here for album news / track info tbh

They've only just started (I think, the player wasn't working properly in chrome) and they're playing ha song again. He said he's got a long list of stuff to ask her about the album though and that will be the focus of the interview

Nemesis_

Gaga claims she has been rehearsing for months and months for the VMA performance, and that she can "rotate her hip / legs" better since she broke her hip.

She also said there was one person who is happier with her being more mobile with her hip.
iXAQCUq2IWky1.png

Todays radio update. Blurred Lines remains unbothered.

1. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 278.741 (+ 1.276)
2. IMAGINE DRAGONS – Radioactive: 153.292 (- 0.887)
3. MAROON 5 – Love Somebody: 151.283 (+ 0.590) ▲
4. DAFT PUNK – Get Lucky: 150.118 (- 3.028) ▼
5. BRUNO MARS – Treasure: 136.239 (+ 0.677)
6. ZEDD – Clarity f/Foxes: 123.611 (+ 0.070)
7. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Mirrors: 113.330 (- 1.081)
8. ANNA KENDRICK – Cups (Pitch Perfect’s When…: 110.817 (+ 0.985)
9. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Same Love f/Mary Lambert: 105.990 (- 0.849)
10. CAPITAL CITIES – Safe And Sound: 100.581 (+ 0.321)
11. CALVIN HARRIS F/ELLIE GOULDING – I Need Your Love: 92.211 (+ 0.239)
12. JASON DERULO – The Other Side: 90.774 (- 1.161)
13. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Can’t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 84.531 (- 0.586)
14. PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 76.544 (- 0.413)
15. JAY Z – Holy Grail f/Justin Timberlake: 73.473 (+ 1.750)
16. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 70.995 (+ 0.409)
17. BRETT ELDREDGE – Don’t Ya: 65.667 (+ 0.939) ▲
18. RANDY HOUSER – Runnin’ Outta Moonlight: 65.028 (- 0.465) ▼
19. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Take Back The Night: 64.013 (- 0.443) ▲
20. HUNTER HAYES – I Want Crazy: 63.861 (- 0.790) ▼

KEITH URBAN – Little Bit Of Everything: 59.585 (+ 0.214)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – See You Again: 59.342 (- 0.157)
MILEY CYRUS – We Can’t Stop: 58.638 (+ 0.034)
EASTON CORBIN – All Over The Road: 52.564 (+ 0.403)
LANA DEL REY – Summertime Sadness: 51.539 (+ 1.533)
FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Round Here: 47.846 (+ 0.610)
J. COLE – Crooked Smile f/TLC: 47.398 (+ 0.320)
KATY PERRY – Roar: 40.695 (+ 13.113)
KENNY CHESNEY – When I See This Bar: 35.644 (- 0.116)
DRAKE – Hold On We’re Going Home: 32.852 (+ 3.594)
TAYLOR SWIFT – Everything Has …f/Ed Sheeran: 30.093 (+ 0.047)
PINK – True Love f/Lily Allen: 29.728 (+ 0.529)
PARAMORE – Still Into You: 22.814 (- 0.045)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – Turn The Night Up: 22.682 (- 0.176)

ONE DIRECTION – Best Song Ever: 21.952 (+ 0.384)
LORDE – Royals: 21.517 (+ 0.414)
LABRINTH – Beneath Your Beautiful: 17.863 (- 0.334)
AVICII – Wake Me Up: 19.235 (+ 1.339)
LADY GAGA – Applause: 14.743
PASSENGER – Let Her Go: 9.097 (- 0.002)
FLO RIDA – Can’t Believe It f/Pitbull: 8.856 (+ 0.510)

Matt_

Katy should open the VMAs and Gaga should close. Would be a great start and finish

I love that gloomy sounding guitar strum permeating through Roar. And then the additional production on the last chorus transforming it to make it sound uplifting. For the first time in a long time...well done, fluke.
ibhjj0nMCENk5U.gif

Todays radio update. Blurred Lines remains unbothered.

HOW THE HELL IS BLURRED LINES STILL INCREASING JUST STOP IT AMERICA

Matt_

I love that gloomy sounding guitar strum permeating through Roar. And then the additional production on the last chorus transforming it to make it sound uplifting. For the first time in a long time...well done, fluke.
ibhjj0nMCENk5U.gif

No lies here
I turned it up during that last chorus

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ibhjj0nMCENk5U.gif

Bless, this is one of my favourite parts too. The transformation of that part during the middle 8 is jusT

And the glissando bass too. The production is on point. Remember when everyone thought Roar would sound like a Warrior reject?
ibhjj0nMCENk5U.gif

Nemesis_

Botty you better attend the ARTRAVE

EDIT: Bless she's paying respects to Biophilia. But she want's to provide something different to Bjork did (and Johnny Cash whoever that is. >_>)

App includes a DJ Engineering System (Trackstar) and an Art Engineering System (ArtHaus)

ArtHaus lets you make your own sculptures. Trackstar lets you make your own music by "just painting it"

Everything is shareable via the app. There will be "exhibitions" for your creations too.

Matt_

ADLSIFUNACSDF AS

HOUR OF NEW MUSIC AT THE ITUNES FESTIVAL ON THE 1ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom