• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

If Applause flops I bet it is the end of A-list artists trying to go down that path.

I agree.

Although I doubt Gaga will FLOP with Applause, I'm starting to think it's very possible for the song to underperform for Gaga standards.

And if that happens, I really wonder what she's going to do...the entire album is Dance.

I agree.

Although I doubt Gaga will FLOP with Applause, I'm starting to think it's very possible for the song to underperform for Gaga standards.

And if that happens, I really wonder what she's going to do...the entire album is Dance.

Didn't stop her from releasing a bunch of flop singles from BTW.

I see Applause going top 10 on radio, but nothing much beyond that. Maybe 2-3 million sold.

cory64

Lol. Yeah but HOW do they calculate their numbers?

Katy is dominating, but not by that much according to Kworb.....and Kworb has a proven track record of accuracy.

Hmm? Those are the same exact numbers as kworb, just multiplied by the sales numbers a theoretical "average" #1 song would generate in a day.

Stefan™;76279231 said:
'Roar' is killing the charts. It might even break Floprida's record.

Possible, but it would need to maintain at least a .500 advantage over robin all week (might be ok with a .450), and I am not sure that is possible.

Hmm? Those are the same exact numbers as kworb, just multiplied by the sales numbers a theoretical "average" #1 song would generate in a day.

I see. That makes sense.

This is obviously NOT a typical week with a typical #1, which is why the numbers seemed low to me.

It sounds decent, but a bit too 90s boy band. I like that the group has eschewed most of the stereotypical trappings of their predecessors. I'm starting to love BSE in the meantime.

Eh. I think the sound could work.

For all we know it could be a leak of a rejected track from on of their old albums, so it may not indicate where they are heading.

BSE has grown on me as well.

cory64

Possible, but it would need to maintain at least a .500 advantage over robin all week (might be ok with a .450), and I am not sure that is possible.

I see. That makes sense.

This is obviously NOT a typical week with a typical #1, which is why the numbers seemed low to me.

Yeah, I think it's probably more like 80-90k for Roar and 45-50k for Applause today (175-200k total for Roar).

botty

Banned
Last month Brooke tweeted this:

BROOKE CANDY ‏@BR00KECANDY
Also just got word that I'll be recording a feature/verse on Kylie Minogue's first single off her upcoming album this wednesday in London!

and now she's just tweeted this:

BROOKE CANDY ‏@BR00KECANDY
This track I just made with @kylieminogue @Sia is the ****in T! It's the future

o_o

I agree.

Worst case scenario it's just a record full of bops for me to dance in my underwear to.

Nemesis_

We already knew this but it's still so depressing that this ratchet nobody managed to weasel her way onto a Kylie Minogue track. Just revolting

ixJVZQZ21G2dT.gif

cory64

If you take BL consistent at 300k and selling evenly throughout the week (not exactly true but it will be more even than Roar or Applause) then it's doing around 35-40k a day.

8/12
Roar: 92k
BL: 39k

8/13:
Roar: 105k
Applause: 63k
BL: 37k

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I agree.

If Applause flops (which I think it has a really good chance of doing) it's because it's a very average song, not because it's dance. I find dj white shadow to be a very mediocre producer.

Not to mention that Gaga sounds very bored singing it, it's a high tempo song, but it's very boring.

I'm pretty sure once I hear Applause in the club I'm gonna lose my shit to it. This is literally the FIRST Gaga song I can see myself dancing to in the club. Gaga's songs are high energy, but they're not really that danceable. This is pure club dance.

If it tapers off of iTunes then I'm sure it'll have a big following in the downtown scene, at least until single #2.

royalan

Gaga was apparently spotted entering the studio for The Voice. Is she performing?

i6vI8riQYU7rd.gif

Watch Christina still not know who she is. lol

Anyway, in regards to Gaga's new music, I'm honestly surprised that I have the same problem with both songs we've heard.

Amazing, focused, catchy choruses.

Frantic, unbalanced, uninspired verses.

cory64

Anyway, in regards to Gaga's new music, I'm honestly surprised that I have the same problem with both songs we've heard.

I love her cute verses on the "filler" Fame era songs. She's so good when she isn't trying.

It seems she's enjoying striking the balance between "editorial" verses and silly radio pop choruses. The weird thing is that I've enjoyed the verses of Aura and Applause more than the choruses, even though the choruses are undeniably more catchy, the verses are so bold and fierce to me. Like, the melody can't contain the words she wants to speak. If anybody else was stuck singing those wonky lyrics they would sound really awkward, but Gaga always manages to vocalize them effortlessly. She's so fierce to me.

royalan

I love her cute verses on the "filler" Fame era songs. She's so good when she isn't trying.

Did you lie?

I'm not loose, I like to party
Let's get lost in your Ferrari
Not psychotic or dramatic
I like boys and that is that
Love it when you call me legs
In the morning buy me eggs
Watch your heart when we're together
Boys like you love me forever

I mean...just so effortlessly fierce. ;___;

cory64

I think her team honestly thought they would get numbers in the same ballpark as Born This Way.

Did you lie?

I'm not loose, I like to party
Let's get lost in your Ferrari
Not psychotic or dramatic
I like boys and that is that
Love it when you call me legs
In the morning buy me eggs
Watch your heart when we're together
Boys like you love me forever

I mean...just so effortlessly fierce. ;___;
iQ7ckFhYRrx1S.gif

cory64

Now that we know it's the final track on ARTPOP, it totally sounds like an end credits song, but not quite the album closer EOG is. Plus A R T P O P being the last thing on the album

edit: Could you imagine how messy the monsters would be in the opposite situation? KatyCats are keeping it cute tbh.

Just Dance, Monster, Telephone, etc. IDK, I've found more fun in other songs in terms of dance-ability..

Well Just Dance I guess, but I hate that song so I wouldn't dance to it anyway. lol

As I said, Gaga's song style isn't dance, it's high-energy. It's danceable on paper, but her songs are too... I dunno. There's too much focus on making sure the melody and the lyrics breathe through the songs to the point where the song's more interesting when you're listening to it than if you're mindlessly dancing to it. Don't fucking know how to dance to Bad Romance or Born This Way in the club. lol

Just Dance, Monster, Telephone, etc. IDK, I've found more fun in other songs in terms of dance-ability..

YAS. Monster is always forgotten but it's probably my fav Gaga song in terms of lyrics and music both being fantastic. I always saw it getting some Little Shop of Horrors-esque MV that never happened.

Let's not forget Dance in The Dark, Starstruck, Black Jesus † Amen Fashion. I listen to Gaga to dance tbh, not for soul crushingly raw lyricism or to reflect on life.

Well Just Dance I guess, but I hate that song so I wouldn't dance to it anyway. lol

As I said, Gaga's song style isn't dance, it's high-energy. It's danceable on paper, but her songs are too... I dunno. There's too much focus on making sure the melody and the lyrics breathe through the songs to the point where the song's more interesting when you're listening to it than if you're mindlessly dancing to it. Don't fucking know how to dance to Bad Romance or Born This Way in the club. lol

Bad Romance is totally a sing-a-long song, rather than a dance one. BTW is just sound waves. I don't really consider it a song, but if you are going to try to dance to the noise coming out of the speakers, it has to be with this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmhWh-nvo4

If Applause flops (which I think it has a really good chance of doing) it's because it's a very average song, not because it's dance. I find dj white shadow to be a very mediocre producer.

Not to mention that Gaga sounds very bored singing it, it's a high tempo song, but it's very boring.

I'm pretty sure once I hear Applause in the club I'm gonna lose my shit to it. This is literally the FIRST Gaga song I can see myself dancing to in the club. Gaga's songs are high energy, but they're not really that danceable. This is pure club dance.

If it tapers off of iTunes then I'm sure it'll have a big following in the downtown scene, at least until single #2.

Heavy Metal Lover makes me [feel like I'm in a music video]
Well it's kind of like dancing, so I guess that counts

Heavy Metal Lover
Bloody Mary
Electric Chapel
Highway Unicorn

Pretty much some of the BTW songs I loved

Fey

Banned
Same goes for her lyrics in general on Fame. Thats Gaga at her best, when shes writing literally whatever comes to mind at that moment, with no fucks given if what she's writing even makes literal sense, as long as it sounds good. You can tell she wasn't trying to come up with complex, ~artsy lyrics.

"Half psychotic sic hypnotic
got my blueprint its symphonic"

"I won't tell you that I love you,
kiss or hug you,
cuz I'm bluffin'
with my muffin."

"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick,
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick."

I don't see the Gaga who wrote Applause writing lyrics as simple yet memorable and iconic as these.

edit: this is probably one of the reasons why I like HML so much. It totally sounds like Gaga just vomited the words out. I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south.

Nemesis_

I understand the clown make up but I don't understand the clothes. It's like, the polar opposite of what she's wearing in all the promotional material (when she IS wearing clothes, that is).

Someone said she looks like some awful Marilyn Manson reject and I'm inclined to agree with all the dark clothing ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom