• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Gaga arriving at The Voice studio

normal_04~235.jpg

Really? If so something iconic is going to happen.

HMY9V.gif

I understand the clown make up but I don't understand the clothes. It's like, the polar opposite of what she's wearing in all the promotional material (when she IS wearing clothes, that is).

Someone said she looks like some awful Marilyn Manson reject and I'm inclined to agree with all the dark clothing ;_;

this is what you get for making fun of jared :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I understand the clown make up but I don't understand the clothes. It's like, the polar opposite of what she's wearing in all the promotional material (when she IS wearing clothes, that is).

Someone said she looks like some awful Marilyn Manson reject and I'm inclined to agree with all the dark clothing ;_;

Right, this is like something that belongs in the BTW era even though she was sporting black during TFM but it became more apparent with BTW. The black needs to go

Also that clown makeup, ch... the drag queens yesterday had it to a T while hers looks half assed

DMeisterJ

Banned
edit: Could you imagine how messy the monsters would be in the opposite situation? KatyCats are keeping it cute tbh.

I agree 100%. I remember going in for the kill for anyone who said anything negative about "Diamonds", so I applaud them. They've survived under harsh conditions, and they're still thriving.

royalan

Personally, I REALLY liked the 80s rocker look from the V cover. It was sexy, high-fashion, and unique without looking like she was trying too hard to shock. And I REALLY liked that cut and color on her.

THAT should be her look for this era. Not this "lost member of Insane Clown Posse" mess.

I said this a few weeks ago: The moment Gaga stepped onto a red carpet wearing a meat dress, she lost her ability to be shocking without people just rolling their eyes and changing the channel. As Xao said, she's now a joke that people got the first time and are now sick of hearing over and over. From now on, she needs to think long and hard about how she presents herself to the public. She's coasting on "played-out" territory, and any of her usual moves will just feed into that.

It's time for reinvention, and that V cover look was it.

Nemesis_

Personally, I REALLY liked the 80s rocker look from the V cover. It was sexy, high-fashion, and unique without looking like she was trying too hard to shock. And I REALLY liked that cut and color on her.

THAT should be her look for this era. Not this "lost member of Insane Clown Posse" mess

Oh, I like that too. I didn't actually see that one until you just mentioned. I was more referring to her ICP (
fnieubfenufhwnf
) look.

But yeah, if she wants to go for this "dark" look then she should do that look instead. While she's all cheery and happy right now, her look is a stark contrast lol

THAT should be her look for this era. Not this "lost member of Insane Clown Posse" mess.

I said this a few weeks ago: The moment Gaga stepped onto a red carpet wearing a meat dress, she lost her ability to be shocking without people just rolling their eyes and changing the channel. As Xao said, she's now a joke that people got the first time and are now sick of hearing over and over. From now on, she needs to think long and hard about how she presents herself to the public. She's coasting on "played-out" territory, and any of her usual moves will just feed into that.

It's time for reinvention, and that V cover look was it.

The meat dress was the pinnacle of her "shocking" the public though. People ogled about it for weeks, and not in a "God we're so over her" type of way. She was riding high off of beneficial press at the time.

I think the moment people started getting over her was the Jo Calderone performance at the VMAs. I personally loved (most of) it, thought it was very bold of a pop girl, but she ran it WAY too long and the character wasn't relatable to non-fans. It was right after that when she made her mainstream blackout so that left a sour taste in people's mouths from then til now.

royalan

The meat dress was the pinnacle of her "shocking" the public though. People ogled about it for weeks, and not in a "God we're so over her" type of way. She was riding high off of beneficial press at the time.

I think the moment people started getting over her was the Jo Calderone performance at the VMAs. I personally loved (most of) it, thought it was very bold of a pop girl, but she ran it WAY too long and the character wasn't relatable to non-fans. It was right after that when she made her mainstream blackout so that left a sour taste in people's mouths from then til now.

Eh, I can see that too.

Poor drag kings, they always have it so rough. :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
Unfortunately it is

I honestly thought Applause would be a bit more generic and appeal to the GP more, but I'm still mostly happy with what we got.

Kiii at the refusal to admit that Katy is clocking Gaga (for this round).

Hilarious 👏👏👏👏👏

DMeisterJ

Banned
My most played song of the last two days is "Roar", "Applause", "Gone, gone, gone". Why did no one tell me how much this song shits?

Philip Phillips > your faves

I cannot stand Ariana Grande Meal's "The Way." Boring, awful, filth.

Nah. It's a cute bop. The girl still looks like a 9th grader. She ain't ready for that Miley Cyrus senior status. Her voice is unmatched right now for her age group. There's no denying that. She just needs to be less boring with her image. I'm tired of the squeaky clean look. She needs to be a little ratchet but with grace

DMeisterJ

Banned
Slayriana Grande and her top 10 platinum hit is actually doing Mariah better than Mariah since she can actually put an album out without having 30 buzz singles.

Nah. It's a cute bop. The girl still looks like a 9th grader. She ain't ready for that Miley Cyrus senior status. Her voice is unmatched right now for her age group. There's no denying that. She just needs to be less boring with her image. I'm tired of the squeaky clean look. She needs to be a little ratchet but with grace

Nickelodeon still has her on a leash. I can't imagine her image not growing up some when she's off that dreadful show.

Styles

Now that we know it's the final track on ARTPOP, it totally sounds like an end credits song, but not quite the album closer EOG is. Plus A R T P O P being the last thing on the album

edit: Could you imagine how messy the monsters would be in the opposite situation? KatyCats are keeping it cute tbh.

KatyCats always keep it cute.

Nickelodeon still has her on a leash. I can't imagine her image not growing up some when she's off that dreadful show.

I hope she does. She's too talented for that. I was mad af when they had Victoria Justflop singing over her like she some power singer. Bitch, your the weakest link.. Bye bye!

Oh well...

xaosslug

Now that we know it's the final track on ARTPOP, it totally sounds like an end credits song, but not quite the album closer EOG is. Plus A R T P O P being the last thing on the album

they're too young to know any better, lbr

ibowglxf3LQjy7.gif

I hope she does. She's too talented for that. I was mad af when they had Victoria Justflop singing over her like she some power singer. Bitch, your the weakest link.. Bye bye!

Oh well...

She was touring with Bieber too, so basically she's being held back by the age of her current fanbase. If you gave her a decent pair of heels and a haircut, and stopped dressing her with bows and hearts it would age her up.

That episode where she comes out on that stupid karaoke stage like she could out sing Liz or Ariana. BACK TO YOUR CORNER SKANK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom