• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Mark my words, it will be QUEEN SANSA who redeems the name Stark in the end.

She is being groomed for big things. I can feel it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well the characters aren't really random, tbh. Cassie, Effy, and Cook are all fan favorites. I hated Cook, but I can't deny that other people were obsessed with his...ahem...charm.
I really hope they don't mess it up.

Eurgh cannot stand cook
Here for effy and Cassie though, both flawless characters
No sid makes me sad though

she's cute (but 17) i see it
but then again that's ok in the uk right

i'm probably the only sansa stan on gaf -____- #QueenOfTheNorth

Yeh 17 is quite young but shes only two years younger than us so it's not too bad
Strange to have young actors/actresses that are actually the right age
Joffrey is like 22

Arya shade? Never thought I'd see this day
arya-stab.gif

botty

Banned
Eurgh cannot stand cook
Here for effy and Cassie though, both flawless characters
No sid makes me sad though

Yeah, Leona and I were wondering a while back about how they will handle a Cassie story without sid...considering his story ended with her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah, Leona and I were wondering a while back about how they will handle a Cassie story without sid...considering his story ended with her.

did they find each other though? thought they were just around the same place

Fey

Banned
We have Sansa stans? I can't think of many fictional characters I despise more. <_<

ibiDfmzFMCZcgf.gif

I could go on and on about why I find her so fascinating. *.* I think she's a great character. A product of the society she grew up in, and is severely punished for it.
52b0f867.gif

Bless, I was starting to think I was the only overlap between PopGAF and GoTGAF.

Are you reading or watching?

cat-gif.gif

Maybe both?
Both.

They showed Theon's peen a few times. 'twas hawT
I take it you haven't seen very many peens, allow me to direct you to a certain tumblr.

I, too, stan Sansa.

Her repugnant younger sister on the other hand? Ch...
Why are you always wrong?

Touchdown

Banned
I remember her tweeting about an album, but did we ever get a date for it?

This just in:
Mariah's new album was played for Universal Music execs in London this week, and they liked what they heard.
The album is due in the next month or less, as Mariah prepares to perform at the Macy's Fourth of July fireworks show. In August Mariah appears in the opening segment of Lee Daniels' The Butler with Vanessa Redgrave.

Yes Lord, but my body is not ready. And rumor is she's picking July 2, the same day as Eminem's album. She's not done with his blonde wig just yet.
ed2305b7.png

royalan

Why are you always wrong?

People stan Arya because she's basically a boy with a vag. Boring as hell.

I am much more fascinated by female characters who are forced to navigate the world and survive under the constraints of their station.

Sansa is under more constant danger than any character currently on the show. Everyone has got a plot for her. I love watching how she navigates this (or blunders her way through it, whatever the case may be).

Matt_

Minor spoiler for next season, based on early synopsis

They never meet in NYC.

Oh why ruin the fun, their little thing was just so cute
they better make Cassie flawless

Trigger

I agrih with everything Roy said about Sansa. She's my favorite girl (next to Queen Brienne) on the show.

I need a Brienne and Jaime spin-off buddy cop show tbh.

This just in:

Yes Lord, but my body is not ready. And rumor is she's picking July 2, the same day as Eminem's album. She's not done with his blonde wig just yet.
ed2305b7.png

Bless. She is cominG

botty

Banned
This just in:

ed2305b7.png

omg...if these rumors are true... not her picking the most blessed of days to release an album.

;_;

Matt_

Well, no one ever said he wasn't coming back. Just that they never met in NYC.

Spoiler:
Cassie's not in NYC anymore.

Yeh I saw they were going to London instead, intrigued to se how it all works out

And queen Margery >>>>>

tumblr_inline_mn0e9u58sE1qz4rgp.gif

She knows whats up
And such lovely relatives

Yeh I saw they were going to London instead, intrigued to se how it all works out

And queen Margery >>>>>

tumblr_inline_mn0e9u58sE1qz4rgp.gif

She knows whats up
And such lovely relatives
I think you meant Lady Olenna.
ibdczl4vpptywA.gif

Lady Olenna Tyrell said:
“So, their son will be your nephew after you’re wed to Cersei, of course. And you will be the King’s step father and brother in-law. When you marry the King, Joffrey’s mother will become his sister in-law and your son will be Loras’s nephew? grandson? I’m not sure.. But your brother will become your father in-law. That much is beyond dispute”
Lady Olenna Tyrell said:
"We don't tie ourselves in knots over a discreet bit of buggery"
tumblr_mmg5nnVOmZ1sphfn8o3_500.gif

Lady Olenna: Did you grow up with boy cousins, lord Tywin? Sons of your father's bannerman, squires, stableboys?
Tywin: Of course.
Lady Olenna: And you.. never .. ?
Tywin: No.
Lady Olenna: Not once? Not in any way?
Tywin: Never.
Lady Olenna: I congratulate you on your restraint! But it's a natural thing two boys having a go at each other beneath the sheets.
Lady Olenna Tyrell said:
“Are there any figs? Fetch some. I always take figs mid-afternoon. They help move the bowels.”
The baddest bitch.

Matt_

I said she had lovely relatives
It was meant in every possible way

3phemeral

I am much more fascinated by female characters who are forced to navigate the world and survive under the constraints of their station.

Sansa is under more constant danger than any character currently on the show. Everyone has got a plot for her. I love watching how she navigates this (or blunders her way through it, whatever the case may be).

ubZ5aC0.gif

Remind me how she's navigated through anything. Her fate has been controlled by others without her knowledge since day 1 of the show. I've yet to see her make any decision for herself, let alone "navigate."

pSIMhGN.gif

Nemesis_

I think it's the lead single.

Speaking of which I really like Fall Down.

(The solo version). It's so good, I really like her voice.

Mumei

Wait, no. Arya being likable has much more to do with the way that she rejects the sort of bullshit that Sansa embraced wholeheartedly until she discovered - don't ask me how she lived in that crapsack world for fourteen years without realizing it before; it must be her innate stupidity at work - that the world isn't a damned romance poem. Arya could have been written as feminine and rejected that nonsense and she wouldn't have been any less likable.

Sansa is an interesting character, sure. I could see liking her as a character, or as an exercise in masochism. But liking her? Personally? She's insufferable!

And Lady Olenna shits. I need to watch more Game of Thrones; I've only seen the first season.

royalan

ubZ5aC0.gif

Remind me how she's navigated through anything. Her fate has been controlled by others without her knowledge since day 1 of the show. I've yet to see her make any decision for herself, let alone "navigate."

pSIMhGN.gif

You're selling her short.

She made the choice to stay in King's Landing last season.

She also made the choice to confide in the Tyrells this season.

You can't tell me these decisions aren't going to amount to something eventually.

Besides, it's not Sansa's purpose to be a bold moving agent of change. At least not yet. Not every character on the show can cut their hair off and go Mulan-ing across the countryside. The point of Sansa right now is that she's young, helpless and trapped between several different forces -- all of whom have some sort of design on her.

Watching what happens to her and what this turns her into is the fascinating part. To me, at least.

royalan

Can someone poke me when the spoilers end ;_;

i2YRgyVjCRplb.gif

There are no spoilers being discussed. I've never read the books. Everything we're talking about is whats happened in the show up to this point.

Not our fault you're late. *.*

Wait, no. Arya being likable has much more to do with the way that she rejects the sort of bullshit that Sansa embraced wholeheartedly until she discovered - don't ask me how she lived in that crapsack world for fourteen years without realizing it before; it must be her innate stupidity at work - that the world isn't a damned romance poem. Arya could have been written as feminine and rejected that nonsense and she wouldn't have been any less likable.

Sansa is an interesting character, sure. I could see liking her as a character, or as an exercise in masochism. But liking her? Personally? She's insufferable!

And Lady Olenna shits. I need to watch more Game of Thrones; I've only seen the first season.

Eh, I'll concede that. Although, I'm starting to really dislike Arya. She's getting too emo as of late.

She seems pretty comfortable doing collaborations for the time being. Have you heard "Look Around You"? There are also tracks with Hot Natured and Freeform Five coming up; some live snippets of the latter track are floating around and it sounds HUGE.

That Boris track is hot. Makes me want an album even more.

I think she's pregnant again. I don't expect anymore albums from her.

shit, didn't she just give birth. I'll still hold out hope but she need to hurrry up before those kids mellow her out. She always came off like she was down for some dragging (of others), but was too classy to voice it.

Fey

Banned

But Arya also rejected it because she wasn't treated similarly to Sansa; she was made fun of and called "horseface", she was a second female in her family (and therefore every single one of her siblings would have to die before she inherits Winterfell), and her one true friend was her bastard brother who many other people (like her own mother) frowned upon; she experienced "cruelty" early on which led to her rejecting the things Sansa embraces, and as a result matured quicker. Sansa was born a good looking girl, and was told fairytales, that she would marry a prince and be a queen, and was surrounded by people who never said no to her. She lived like this for her whole life, and finally her dream of going to King's Landing came true ... and stuff happened.

I also admire how Sansa is probably one of the few "morally good" characters left, and even though she's gone through hell, she has maintained her compassionate personality, her belief of loyalty, chivalry and all that just like her father. The only person in her family who can probably say the same is probably Bran.

She's definitely being geared up for bigger roles tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom