• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Roy is not fuming like he usually does. I am detecting seismic movements coming from Philadelphia.

What kind of TWILIGHT ZONE where everyone expecting to love it ended up hating it, and vice versa.

Calm down kittens, this is the demo from last year, not the final version. The production and placing will evidently be different (i.e. better).

For a demo this shits though. BRB let me dutty wine

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i like it, a lot

the mastering feels rough in places though

The song needed an extra layer (that actually balanced things) on the second chorus but that layer comes too late on the song and overall you are already bored of it. Its sad since I honestly like the beat but it sounds lazy.

royalan

Dat Tour Version sounds almost the same but somehow I don't hate it at the least

First time I'm seeing iT.

What kind of slayage

tumblr_mlaa548YeM1qcqqpjo1_r3_250.gif

The tour version is probably going over better because the song seems to be orchestrated to play well in a live environment. The orchestration, all the hooting and hollering...when you're on stage with a band and dancers the energy of the performer can sell that shit.

Without that, tho? Well...here you go.

Kyon

Banned
Roy is not fuming like he usually does. I am detecting seismic movements coming from Philadelphia.

What kind of TWILIGHT ZONE where everyone expecting to love it ended up hating it, and vice versa.

I think he is preparing a massive post on a separate tab sis. He has to create the masterpiece with time and dedication

PowderedToast

i get the disappointment, the live performances gave the impression the production would be fuller. but this is the most adventurous she has EVER sounded, there's a LOT going on here

botty

Banned
Grown Woman sent me to Zimbabwe and slayed me. Loving the African vibe from it. Interesting that Solange did it first, though.

iK3iaBoIxarH1.gif

Nemesis_

Updated for the new OT.

YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR OLD VERSION before USING THIS ONE

Ca425.png

INTRODUCING the POPGAF USER SCRIPT.
  • Jump to your latest unread post in PopGAF OT6
  • Easy and quick access to the (new) Plug.DJ room
  • STYLISH LOOK to match NeoGAF
  • Compatible with FireFox, Safari and Chrome
To install: UserScripts.org

To install on FireFox: You need to install GreaseMonkey first, then install the script from UserScripts
To install on Chrome: You can either install TamperMonkey or manually drag and drop it to the extensions window.

ie. Save the script to your computer, navigate to Menu -> Tools -> Extensions and then drag and drop the saved script to the extensions menu.​

To install on Safari: You have to follow a weird process that you can find at SimpleHelp.net

If you have Internet Explorer you don't deserve to use this tbh, sorry.

Give me a star TBH I can't believe you wiped them

NOTE: This is only going to work for OT6. I will update as each new OT comes along.

Vazra

Updated for the new OT.

YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR OLD VERSION before USING THIS ONE

Ca425.png

INTRODUCING the POPGAF USER SCRIPT.
  • Jump to your latest unread post in PopGAF OT6
  • Easy and quick access to the (new) Plug.DJ room
  • STYLISH LOOK to match NeoGAF
  • Compatible with FireFox, Safari and Chrome
To install: UserScripts.org

To install on FireFox: You need to install GreaseMonkey first, then install the script from UserScripts
To install on Chrome: You can either install TamperMonkey or manually drag and drop it to the extensions window.

ie. Save the script to your computer, navigate to Menu -> Tools -> Extensions and then drag and drop the saved script to the extensions menu.​

To install on Safari: You have to follow a weird process that you can find at SimpleHelp.net

If you have Internet Explorer you don't deserve to use this tbh, sorry.

Give me a star TBH I can't believe you wiped them

NOTE: This is only going to work for OT6. I will update as each new OT comes along.

Bless and the Rih Shade was beautimous.

royalan

i get the disappointment, the live performances gave the impression the production would be fuller. but this is the most adventurous she has EVER sounded, there's a LOT going on here

Nope.

It's the same ghetto postulation we've been getting since 4. Beyonce hooting and hollering against a frantic beat and drab lyrics. Random "MmHmm!" and "yeah I'm GROAWN!" exclamations peppering the entire production. Any attempt at a strong melody beaten into submission. A random African influence that just seems out of place now that we're hearing the entire song.

Beyonce sounds like a white woman from the suburbs doing an impression of what a black woman sounds like.

Almost offensive.

PowderedToast

bey has jus blown away the competition

this is a next level BOP

musically, conceptually, she has emerged as the true QUEEN

Nope.

It's the same ghetto postulation we've been getting since 4. Beyonce hooting and hollering against a frantic beat and drab lyrics. Random "MmHmm!" and "yeah I'm GROAWN!" exclamations peppering the entire production. Any attempt at a strong melody beaten into submission. A random African influence that just seems out of place now that we're hearing the entire song.

Beyonce sounds like a white woman from the suburbs doing an impression of what a black woman sounds like.

Almost offensive.

it's not about melody, it's about rhythm, texture, layers

think mj's dangerous

she has ELEVATED

--

i get not liking the ratchet bey, take it or leave it. but this is accomplished music

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Not that I care in the slightest about X Factor, but...Paulina Rubio? Really? That's...um...something.

Trigger

Nope.

Almost offensive.

I was expecting this shadiness.

imsHqkMJWeh1b.gif

Nope.

Almost offensive.

Shouldn't you like it then?
iPtXWuNAhtpRv.gif

Vazra

Can you explain?

ibjSvBX8YVTbGg.gif

mk~

iPtXWuNAhtpRv.gif

Bey singing here feels like she is not putting effort to it. The song production its what mostly brings it. I rather have instrumental version than what we got. I like Bey (I liked 4) but this one song feels rushed and lazy on Bey's part (also the lyrics)

botty

Banned
Bey singing here feels like she is not putting effort to it. The song production its what mostly brings it. I rather have instrumental version than what we got. I like Bey (I liked 4) but this one song feels rushed and lazy on Bey's part (also the lyrics)

Well, I agree with you that the production brings more to the table than Beyoka. But it's still a demo so let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom