• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have a commercial promoting someone else's makeup when you can sell out your own makeup line?

Rihanna, her power

That entrepeneurial spirit... she learned from the best.

*Superbowl .gif*

EDIT: I met someone last weekend downtown. He's pretty and he got all of my Drag Race references. I asked him who his faves were and he said Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce. I think I might be in love.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The "Bad (Rihmix) feat. Rihanna" is in the top 100 of iTunes after its release earlier this afternoon. Rihanna, her urban appeal propelling songs up the iTunes Charts.

Majmun

Why have a commercial promoting someone else's makeup when you can sell out your own makeup line?

Rihanna, her power

Don't act as if Beyoncé won't get any money made from Rih's herpes line. The CARTERTAX can't be avoided.

Why work for your money when someone else can make it for you
iPFSiU33H60yR.gif

royalan

Seriously, though. We need details about this tour.

Speculation:

1) We will definitely get new music featuring the two of them. There's no way the both of them wouldn't take advantage of touring together by putting out a new song. I think it's pretty safe to say even now that Ratchet is real. At the very least, a spiritual Ratchet exists.

2) Is this truly a joint engagement, or is Gaga just making a short appearance as Beyonce's opener? I'm willing to bet on the latter being true.

3) Maybe I just don't know how this works, but The Mrs. Carter Show originally sold out in Philly. Now there seems to be a shit ton of tickets available? How is that possible? Maybe this joint tour was planned much earlier than we think.

4) Hopefully this means I won't have to suffer Gaga's shitty castle set.

Seriously, though. We need details about this tour.

Speculation:

1) We will definitely get new music feature the two of them. There's no way the both of them wouldn't take advantage of touring together by putting out a new song. I think it's pretty sage to say even now that Ratchet is real. At the very least, a spiritual Ratchet.

2) It this truly a joint engagement, or is Gaga just making a short appearance as Beyonce's opener? I'm willing to bet on the latter being true.

3) Maybe I just don't know how this works, but The Mrs. Carter Show originally sold out in Philly. Now there seems to be a shit ton of tickets available? How is that possible? Maybe this joint tour was planned much earlier than we think.

4) Hopefully this means I won't have to suffer Gaga's shitty castle set.

It's already been confirmed that Gaga was going to make an appearance at one of Beyonce's shows... even though that was supposed to be in August, so maybe they got the date wrong.

I'm willing to bet actual money that they'll perform Telephone as part of Gaga's gradual re-appearance to the public.

OMG.

I wasn't expecting GaGa to tour with Bey, but I don't mind it at all.

YES to a live performance of Telephone.
YES to Telephone 2.0.
YES to just whatever else they will come up with.

This is going to be something special. I can't wait for the amazing YouTube videos.

botty

Banned
I wonder if she's still going to beef with Nicki.

King Nicki did an interview recently, and Lil Flop was going off on twitter. Which was strange since Nicki didn't even mention her. But I guess she was upset since the interviewer was calling off nicki's receipts and said she was one of only two female MCs (lauryn) to be global and a true legend.

Trigger

RIP

Lil' Kim really needs to let go of the past
and all that fuckin surgery too
if she wants to be anything more than a joke.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just heard the new Miley song.
While it's not complete trash, it's well below the standard I was expecting

Had high hopes for her, such a shame

Mumei

1) Rihanna
2) Madonna
3) Taylor Swift
4) Britney Spears

Rihanna has the potential to be a decent belter I think; she has some semblance of range too compared to the others. She also has pretty good vibrato-riff transitioning.. I don't know the "technical" term for that but maybe Mumei knows. Her voice isn't very durable though and it falls apart live because she has no breath control, and I think her chest voice exhausts her head voice. Madonna seems to rely on her head voice a lot since her chest voice is kind of flimsy. Britney at least USED to adopt actual technique in her vocals in the beginning of her career, but relied on it less and less with each album. She used to actually pull off some moderate runs here and there but for some reason that was quickly lost after O!IDIA. Taylor Swift has shit range and her technique is kind of shot but she has a decent chest voice and can pull off a two-three-note riff here and there. I put her a notch above Britney because modern Britney just flat out can't sing. Like at all.

I agree with this, mostly. I think that Rihanna's troubles with falsetto would probably relate back to her poor breath control. Falsetto actually requires more breath to support than chest voice, and for a singer who has trouble with going flat... that's probably the cause. Madonna's just not a very good singer. I don't know that she relies on falsetto, though; I think it might be more accurate to say that her placement gave her an especially high-pitched and nasally sound early in her career, and even though that has deepened and improved somewhat, you can still hear traces of that.

And I'd actually give Britney the nod above Taylor. Yeah, she sucks more now, but at her best - that is, before she made it big - she would have been at the top of this vocal dung heap. Taylor has always sucked.

I agree with this, mostly. I think that Rihanna's troubles with falsetto would probably relate back to her poor breath control. Falsetto actually requires more breath to support than chest voice, and for a singer who has trouble with going flat... that's probably the cause. Madonna's just not a very good singer. I don't know that she relies on falsetto, though; I think it might be more accurate to say that her placement gave her an especially high-pitched and nasally sound early in her career, and even though that has deepened and improved somewhat, you can still hear traces of that.

And I'd actually give Britney the nod above Taylor. Yeah, she sucks more now, but at her best - that is, before she made it big - she would have been at the top of this vocal dung heap. Taylor has always sucked.

ibqeZyGQOOM45L.gif

botty

Banned
screaming @ how ridiculously reaching this is

the first year without Gisele.
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

the extravagance got worse with each year.

Doutzen slayed tho
could have sworn you posted a gif of her walking that year but I couldn't find it

That Doutzen gif was from 2005, I think.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih continues to add dates to her SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR as she adds dates in Singapore and Macau, China. The show in Singapore is actually her headlining the Singapore Race Day Concert on the biggest outside stage in the country.

Her WORLDWIDE POWER and IMPACT

Glastonbury soon, tbh

ibcklpWwTDyUHc.gif

Trigger

Rih continues to add dates to her SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR as she adds dates in Singapore and Macau, China. The show in Singapore is actually her headlining the Singapore Race Day Concert on the biggest outside stage in the country.

Her WORLDWIDE POWER and IMPACT

Glastonbury soon, tbh

ibcklpWwTDyUHc.gif

Bless ha. Dat Rihanna reign just won't let up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom