• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

She's a successful independent woman...but she drops it all to chase a boy.

She didn't really drop anything though. I don't think pursuing her established true love hurt the girl power vibe at all.

-----------------

For no reason at all I'm watching a bio of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and it reminded me of the days when MTV was about actual music. I miss that MTV. /random

PowderedToast

X-2 is so clever and creative. srsly western developers can learn a thing or two from how square enix (and the majority of japan) approach sequels. toriyama is a secret genius

DMeisterJ

Banned
968930_10152929432180601_1057022317_n.jpg

priceless.gif

Nemesis_

I want to make a thread about this in Off-Topic just to see how worked up people get :3

Grammatically incorrect Justin Bieber news item alert!

The crooning Canuck took to Instagram last night to announce details of an upcoming single, posting the cover artwork alongside several captions: First “… Coming soon”; then,“Tell a friend to tell a friend.” Eventually, he wrote, “Don’t tell me your my…. #justinbieber #heartbreaker.” Finally, he posted it with the hashtag “#Justinbiebernewsingle,” in case there was any confusion about exactly what “Don’t tell me your my justinbieber heartbreaker” might mean. Not that there would be, or should be. (Side note: If you had told me years ago that my job would be recounting Justin Bieber’s Instagram hashtags in painstaking detail, I would not have believed you. Onward!)

The single artwork, which you can see above, does not feature Bieber’s face, arms or torso, which means it has probably proven dissatisfying to his fans. For his fans, though, the good news is that there’s a new Justin Bieber single coming, so all’s well that ends well, or whatever.

justin-bieber-heartbreaker-400x400.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not reading my post. I was dragging for ha gramma. HIVE gonna HIVE I guess.

I see no grammatical errors, unless you count a missing apostrophe in 'y'all'?

I'm a PhD student at one of the world's best universities and I still misspell things sometimes tho, not sure what your point is tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see no grammatical errors, unless you count a missing apostrophe in 'y'all'?

I'm a PhD student at one of the world's best universities and I still misspell things sometimes tho, not sure what your point is tbh.

You just got done using a shade name for the NAVY misspelling things from time to time. What is your point in doing that?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I C the desperation to shake the #NAVY's image by passing it onto the Hive.

If it makes you feel better I'll call you #NAVY from now on. Association with Battleshit is shade enough for that name.

SaintZ

d88fdbce.jpg

UK duo AlunaGeorge will release their debut album, Body Music, July 29 (pushed back from July 1 and then July 15). It will be released via Island. The album, which follows last year's You Know You Like It EP, features their singles "Attracting Flies", "Your Drums Your Love", "Just a Touch", and more. Listen to the album version of "You Know You Like It" above; it will be released as an EP on July 28 backed by the album track "Bad Idea". Album tracklist below.

Body Music:

01 Outlines
02 You Know You Like It
03 Attracting Flies
04 Your Drums, Your Love
05 Kaleidoscope Love
06 Bad Idea
07 Diver
08 Lost & Found
09 Best Be Believing
10 Superstar
11 Just a Touch
12 Body Music
13 Friends to Lovers
14 This Is How We Do It (bonus track)
Source.

I'm still undecided about them. I like Attracting Flies but the rest of their stuff doesn't click with me. I hope the album is good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They're responsible for Attracting Flies and partly responsible for White Noise, I am pretty sure their album will shit and slay lives and careers.

Styles

To All my beautiful fans in EURope.

"foR" "memoRies"

that "n" correction

death at me mistaking the "i" for a "u" and read it as "unspiring"

messs

priceless.gif

cory64

That Beyonce letter was cute.

I really liked how she was humble and gracious.

I won't forget this moment anytime soon.

And I'm a pretty concise writer, as Roy can attest to

SaintZ

Today 11 years ago the debut album of the punk chanteuse, the post-grunge valkyrie with the wounded soul of a poet and the explosive pugnacity of a Canadian, Avril Lavigne, was released. Let's celebrate by listening to this masterpiece!

avril_lavigne_-_let_ggxd4o.jpg

Singles:
Tracklist:

1. Losing Grip
2. Complicated
3. Sk8ter Boi
4. I'm With You
5. Mobile
6. Unwanted
7. Tomorrow
8. Anything But Ordinary
9. Things I'll Never Say
10. My World
11. Nobody's Fool
12. Too Much To Ask
13. Naked​

With over 17 million copies sold, this is Avril's most diverse record. It contains a good mix of pop songs (Complicated, Sk8er Boi), ballads (I'm With You, Naked) and more rock, heavier songs (Losing Grip, Unwanted). The record was produced by the Matrix and L.A. Reid. It transformed Avril into a global phenomenon (well I'd argue that Complicated did that on its own) and gave her the edge over her competition at the time in a new generation of singers-songwriters (RIP Vanessa Carlton and Michelle Branch's careers).

I still listen to it on a daily basis with Anything But Ordinary and Things I'll Never Say being two of my favorite songs ever and of course the ICONIC I'm With You (I think this is my favorite performance of the song).

So yeah, Happy Birthday Let Go!

boomboxo3knb.gif

And buy Here's To Never Growing Up on iTunes!

celebrationvrk18.gif

That three-hole-punch attack of "Complicated," "Sk8ter Boi" and "I'm With You" was one of the strongest consecutive single runs ever. She was so unstoppable that era.

And then she stopped. lol

SaintZ

That three-hole-punch attack of "Complicated," "Sk8ter Boi" and "I'm With You" was one of the strongest consecutive single runs ever. She was so unstoppable that era.

And then she stopped. lol
Starting the next era with "Don't Tell Me" was a weak move but wasn't My Happy Ending pretty big? Nobody's Home had decent success too. And we have Girlfriend too, Soul.
Which is possibly her vilest song ever.
But I agree with the part about those first 3 singles being a perfect combo.

The battle/job system of X-2 is heavenly and probably the pinnacle of FF but its a shame everything else about the game is trash and the story completely shits on the pro-women stance that having an all-female main cast is supposed to promote.

I'm glad that the story didn't take itself seriously. It made it far more easy to forget compared to its predecessors sappy melodrama. X-2 is the better game for that reason alone.

Cynosure

Starting the next era with "Don't Tell Me" was a weak move but wasn't My Happy Ending pretty big? Nobody's Home had decent success too. And we have Girlfriend too, Soul.

Don't Tell Me + My Happy Ending + Nobody's Home >>>>>

Nobody's Home is the only Avril song I still use.
iT7vQOx7osxrK.gif

Yeah, but I think that was right around the time P!nk and the imitators (Ashlee Simpson) started gaining steam and it kind of stilted Avril's monopoly on that sound. She truly ushered in that style though.

And I still bop to the mandarin version of Girlfriend. It's fucking hilarious. lol

My Happy Ending probably did better than we give it credit for currently.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Pink will always beat Avril. Even Pink bowel movements are better than Avril latest "efforts".

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pink will always beat Avril. Even Pink bowel movements are better than Avril latest "efforts".

If only you liked Lady Gaga your taste would just be top tier

Bladenic

I have been bopping to Come & Get It and now that new Selena song too. Both are jams. Rehashed and copy paste for sure, but jams nonetheless. If Selena's album manages to be filled with them, I'll give it listen.

I like Miley too, but not what I expected. Still eager for more.

SaintZ

Avril Lavigne's life has been full of filler and I dont go for that.
ipDYmhrVkMHGn.gif
Most people know that Avril's non singles are stronger material and you should be familiar with that since Let Go was the first CD you bought
ipDYmhrVkMHGn.gif

And I don't even know why you are trying it with her. Must be a case of Artemisitis.
ipDYmhrVkMHGn.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Most people know that Avril's non singles are stronger material and you should be familiar with that since Let Go was the first CD you bought
ipDYmhrVkMHGn.gif

And I don't even know why you are trying it with her. Must be a case of Artemisitis.
ipDYmhrVkMHGn.gif

Let Go its a good album almost filler free but after Under My Skin the rest has been meh while Pink albums are done better despite the filler. Keep trying it.

I do not have Dementia like Arte tho. (Love you Arte!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom