• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Accuracy is important, 'scribe.

But she's been a better vocalist this era.
r4CiE.png

Cynosure

But they happened in the UK. And were very successful at that. And they had amazing music.

The UK music market is less than 30% of the biggest music market, success there is hardly a feat. There is a reason why the poor man's Spice Girls never ventured off their nest: they know they're shit.

Why do you keep talking about Christina?
Are you really that upset by her?

Isn't it obvious?

Do you know what truly baffles me about the #Fighters? It's the fact that despite their fave having been irrelevant since, well, virtually since she bribed her way to the best newcomer Grammy

ibkHujAsyVErwE.gif

That shade has been noteD SaintZ.

I don't know, but I like ha.

2Xcb2Bi.jpg

0lVImRD.gif

I checked my last.fm for the first time in a long while and got slapped with this

You have been banned from Last.fm – access to the website has been restricted, and you may not create a new account.

These are the terms which you agreed to by using Last.fm, including what we consider 'Acceptable Use'. By wilfully violating these terms, you forfeit your privilege to access and use the website.

Can I appeal the ban?

If you wilfully broke our terms of use above, and ignored the warnings of our moderation team, then no you may not appeal the ban.

ibm7P2CAgNuORP.gif

Putting a coat of gold on shit it only makes it a golden shit.

"Golden Shit" sounds like a long-lost Lady Gaga song, lol.

But really though, someone's vocals going up from level 3 to 5 doesn't mean much when there are others on level 20 or 30. Glad to hear she's getting better though, coz her vocals in the Loud Tour.. >_>

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I know Madonna isn't great but she's not Rihanna bad
is she?

ummm i dont see anyone who stans them doing this

I'll just chalk it up to being ignorant of everything that goes on in POPGaf.

I like Rihanna's voice though and while it doesn't come close to the likes of the Christina, Beyonce, Mariah and other voices on that level, its pleasant enough live.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know Madonna isn't great but she's not Rihanna bad
is she?
Madonna has stage presence and for being an old fart does more choreo than a lot 20 something faves.

Rihanna at the beginning was dead on terms of stage presence but she is somewhat now on vegetative stage which still counts as an improvement.

Rih might reach madonna's lows when she is maybe 40. Never touching Madge iconic highs tho.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I hope you girls are ready for some Pre-e3 mess that will be this thread

iTDukKFGJjqNl.gif

I am perched for the inevitable meltdowns and rages

Kyon

Banned
I'm genuinely curious: out of Rih, Brit, Taylor, and Madge who does have the better voice?

studio voice right? I'd honestly say both Brit and Rih like to play with thier vocals.... taylor is just samey. I love Madge's voice very soothing. idk

Matt_

Coming for that 90+ metacritic score, let me bookmark for when the embargo is up

IDK if it will top the UC3 review thread, but it should be entertaining nonetheless.

Indeed,
I'm expecting the reception to be great, but the first review that gives it <8 will just be a bloodbath

YRP is the best female trio ever formed. Also, "1000 words" still gets to me.

Though a thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll fly to you
Crossing over the time and distance holding you
Suspended on silver wings

And a thousand words
One thousand confessions
Will cradle you
Making all of the pain you feel seem far away
They'll hold you forever

iO7CWpouWko1q.gif
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

Cher still shits on your faves with her legacy and her twitter.
"If I Could Turn Back Time" slays me. Where is her new album, though?

Still pressed that GaGa doesn't want the duet with her released. :(

Kyon

Banned
X-2 Last Mission >>

95 NG+ . Cant believe its coming back

The best FF game ever is totally relevant to pop music too. Perfect

Majmun

iO7CWpouWko1q.gif
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

oh wait i think we had this talk before! when things were announced. Regardless let me remake gifs so we dont have to use tumblr ones
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

I saw your pre-edit post. I was in heaven for a second
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

you copied the wrong link. my browser almost crashed lmao

Touchdown

Banned
I'm genuinely curious: out of Rih, Brit, Taylor, and Madge who does have the better voice?

I think it would be Rihanna honestly. Brit and Madge have similar one note "talking" song styles.

EDIT: this just in 16. MARIAH CAREY &#8211; #Beautiful f/Miguel: 66.064 (+ 0.777) &#9650;
mariah_carey2.gif

So I heard Grown Woman on the radio today. What does it mean? It was satellite radio, btw. Is radio allowed to play unreleased music?

It sounded a little fuller than the leaked version and I didn't hear any of the crowd noise... Interesting.

royalan

I would have to say, out of all the non-singerz listed Rihanna does have the better voice. She has some decent moments, and could generally be better if she cared enough to work on it.

I will say, though, that Debut-era Britney was better. She just got lazier as her fame skyrocketed and she developed that patented talk-singing technique.

royalan

Nicki Minaj's "Itty Bitty Piggy" just came on my Spotify, and it briefly took me back to that time when I stanned her.

Now if you see an itty bitty piggy in the market
Give that bitch a quarter and a car
tell her park it

She could be so much better than she is. ;___;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
that is months old and posted >_>

Sure its old, yet its quality and you can repost stuff when its quality. That is something I could rarely say about your fave baby talking fave.

Nicki Minaj's "Itty Bitty Piggy" just came on my Spotify, and it briefly took me back to that time when I stanned her.

Now if you see an itty bitty piggy in the market
Give that bitch a quarter and a car
tell her park it

She could be so much better than she is. ;___;

Well she wants the money and the fame, doing what she was doing wasn't getting her that so she went Pop in order to get it. Going back to roots its something that could go either on her getting the recognition or people labeling her as trying to be edgy and gain her old fans back.(Which could also backfire)

1) Rihanna
2) Madonna
3) Taylor Swift
4) Britney Spears

Rihanna has the potential to be a decent belter I think; she has some semblance of range too compared to the others. She also has pretty good vibrato-riff transitioning.. I don't know the "technical" term for that but maybe Mumei knows. Her voice isn't very durable though and it falls apart live because she has no breath control, and I think her chest voice exhausts her head voice. Madonna seems to rely on her head voice a lot since her chest voice is kind of flimsy. Britney at least USED to adopt actual technique in her vocals in the beginning of her career, but relied on it less and less with each album. She used to actually pull off some moderate runs here and there but for some reason that was quickly lost after O!IDIA. Taylor Swift has shit range and her technique is kind of shot but she has a decent chest voice and can pull off a two-three-note riff here and there. I put her a notch above Britney because modern Britney just flat out can't sing. Like at all.

So I heard Grown Woman on the radio today. What does it mean? It was satellite radio, btw. Is radio allowed to play unreleased music?

It sounded a little fuller than the leaked version and I didn't hear any of the crowd noise... Interesting.

People are hiding things from us and I won't stand for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom