• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

No, her idol Beyoncé is. But you probably knew that.

(Whitney singing a tiny bit of Leave Get Out is great)

ibm9FLptLN5aeH.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ya'll should watch Perks of being a Wallflower
The description on lovefilm cut off before it explained it all and I thought it was a lighthearted coming of age teen flick and I was pleasantly surprised
tumblr_mt6un6a45R1spb464o1_500.gif

Emma Watson and Logan Lerman were great in it. Very nearly cried

Ya'll should watch Perks of being a Wallflower
The description on lovefilm cut off before it explained it all and I thought it was a lighthearted coming of age teen flick and I was pleasantly surprised

Emma Watson and Logan Lerman were great in it. Very nearly cried

Oh god, that movie. I was a wreck after finishing it. Great soundtrack!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh god, that movie. I was a wreck after finishing it. Great soundtrack!

If I wasn't watching it with a friend I think I would have weeped continuously for the last third of the film
But yes, the soundtrack was great. I don't have much experience with classic rock (or whatever genres they were) so I'll have to get whatever ost they put out and educate myself

Trigger

Mau ®;84931485 said:
I just found out that it's actually gonna be Rihanna Night at the club I'm going.

They ain't ready.

Bless. Get ya life sis. *.*

So, JoJo is on a small club tour at the moment, and the crowd was apparently so in love with her set they demanded an encore.

The band had already left the stage, so JoJo decided to just bust out the ICONIC "Weak" by SWV a capella.

To say she DID that would be an understatement.

...Is JoJo the best vocalist in the game right now? DEFINITELY in R&B.

Slay me Queen Jojo.

So, JoJo is on a small club tour at the moment, and the crowd was apparently so in love with her set they demanded an encore.

The band had already left the stage, so JoJo decided to just bust out the ICONIC "Weak" by SWV a capella.

To say she DID that would be an understatement.

...Is JoJo the best vocalist in the game right now? DEFINITELY in R&B.

Jojo is so underrated. She could well be one of the best but unfortunately her situation is pretty complicated and it could damage her. I'm hoping it doesn't though.

Do you mean the ones that are shopped onto this pic?

Hmmmmm that was the picture... Interesting. The first one I saw when it leaked if I can remember might have looked like that.. Probably was. Damn, no longer an Omarion fan....

That Google search was pretty ridonkey.. All that junk everywhere.

Yado

Hmmmmm that was the picture... Interesting. The first one I saw when it leaked if I can remember might have looked like that.. Probably was. Damn, no longer an Omarion fan....

That Google search was pretty ridonkey.. All that junk everywhere.

The hand placement over the phone is the same and the lower half of his body is blurrier than the rest of the pic. Always do a thorough investigation of any nudes that show up on your desk.

ibhVJ6lPyQFKYr.gif

Artemisia

Banned
At least Beyoncé has the luxury of having all these hypothetical endorsements being offered to her, what kind of power?

Xtina though...
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

royalan

At least Beyoncé has the luxury of having all these hypothetical endorsements being offered to her, what kind of power?

Xtina though...
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Xtina has never been an endorsement whore, tho. Outside of being the only female popstar to sign high-profile endorsement deals with both Pepsi AND Coca Cola, Xtina always approached endorsements sparingly.

So #OOP.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait at this old Bionic talk on this old interview...

Natalia Kills said:
I don't think Christina's unpopularity or lack of fortune recently is to do with the being compared to GaGa. I think that she was at certain level and disappeared, and then came back and tried to fit in with the current trend and it came off desperate

I've been making music since I was 14, before the likes of Christina and GaGa's music careers even existed.
Source
Natalia was Azealia Banks before Azealia Banks existed.

xaosslug

‘American Idol’ season 13: Boss says Christina Aguilera, ‘The Voice’ started massive salaries

If there has been one aspect of the singing-competition genre that has become rather appalling to watch over the years, it is the notion of seeing superstars be paid beyond anyone’s weight in gold to sit there and offer commentary on someone else singing. Let’s put it into some perspective here. Mariah Carey approximately earned around $18 million for her season of “American Idol,” which is more than any star of “The Big Bang Theory” scored, despite it scoring higher ratings. The same goes for anyone like Patrick Dempsey or Mark Harmon, who star on drama series that require extremely rigorous schedules.

So why pay so much when there are so many other people that can do the job for less? What makes this all the more perplexing is that save for maybe Christina Aguilera, none of these $15 million-plus judges (see Carey or Jennifer Lopez) has really produced anything that entertaining. Nonetheless, the salaries keep coming, and Lopez was paid around $15 million to come back to “American Idol” this year. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Core Media head Mark Graboff (who oversees “American Idol” and other properties) explained the high costs, and even said that Aguilera was the first person to really get this going:

“They get it because they can. The arms race for competition-show judges started with Christina Aguilera on The Voice, and Idol should not have played into that arms race. But once they started, it got crazier. And then X Factor and then The Voice again — it ramps up. This year, other than one of the three [Jennifer Lopez, making an estimated $15 million], it’s within a normal salary range.”

“The X Factor” did away with this strategy more or less this year, as Simon Cowell is the only person making that sort of astronomical money (and that is more for his position as the show creator rather than his judging duties). As ratings for these shows fall, salaries are going to do the same unless something crazy happens this year and “American Idol” becomes shockingly relevant again. After last year and the new judges, though, we expect numbers that are lower than ever, and could only increase if the show turns out an amazing product.

You can at least get a taste of what is planned at the link here, and that is all courtesy of some highlights from the time the judges spent recently in Austin.

i mean

iqEn6o18gwAVq.gif

Xtina has never been an endorsement whore, tho. Outside of being the only female popstar to sign high-profile endorsement deals with both Pepsi AND Coca Cola, Xtina always approached endorsements sparingly.

So #OOP.

Of course getting endorsements if your Beyoncé makes her an endorsements whore and not just someone brands want as their face. But if they approached Xtina with same amount, she would of approached endorsements sparingly. Cackling so hard! You only say this because she doesn't get approached that often. She doesn't have a choice, let's not get too crazy now.

Trigger

Of course getting endorsements if your Beyoncé makes her an endorsements whore and not just someone brands want as their face. But if they approached Xtina with same amount, she would of approached endorsements sparingly. Cackling so hard! You only say this because she doesn't get approached that often. She doesn't have a choice, let's not get too crazy now.

Read ha.

royalan

...lolwut?

You don't actually know how many endorsements Christina gets approached with. Considering she was compared to Whitney and Mariah (TITANS of Pop) in her debut era and is the ONLY pop girl to do major endorsements with Coca Cola and Pepsi, it's more logical to believe that she turns down endorsements more often than she's refused them.

Unlike Beyonce, who'd endorse Coatesville Unified School District if they gave her a big enough check.

Thats old. I havent heard her talk about other girls since then.

That Natalia had the gall to say these things before even her mess of a clearly Gaga knockoff derk pop debut album came out, though. While Trouble is a step up from Imperfectionist, she has nothing that comes close to The Fame Monster or Stripped.

Not me defending Xtina.

iqEn6o18gwAVq.gif

...lolwut?

You don't actually know how many endorsements Christina gets approached with. Considering she was compared to Whitney and Mariah (TITANS of Pop) in her debut era and is the ONLY pop girl to do major endorsements with Coca Cola and Pepsi, it's more logical to believe that she turns down endorsements more often than she's refused them.

Unlike Beyonce, who'd endorse Coatesville Unified School District if they gave her a big enough check.

Please, Her Pepsi and Coca Cola endorsements was ages ago and it included Britney and Pink, it wasn't that iconic.
I'm lying.. It was....
... However to top it off, the fact that she is even turning down endorsements shows that either they aren't as major as she would like us to think and probably a cause she doesn't want to 100% commit too. Beyonce major endorsements list are high marketable, very popular brands that she to this day is making money from, all while not having to lift a finger to ask for them. Xtina thought her contract on the Voice is anything.. Pssssh, she would faint at the money they would have to pay Bey just to put a foot through the door.

3phemeral

So #OOP.

Didn't Jlo also do both Pepsi and Coca Cola before Christina?

On top of that, I'm pretty sure Christina has done Skechers, BMW, Virgin Mobile, that jewelry designer dude, MAC makeup, D-squared. Keep in mind, this was all within the time span of beginning of Stripped to the start of B2B.

i0nDVgY5E3ftS.gif

Nemesis_

On top of that, I'm pretty sure Christina has done Skechers, BMW, Virgin Mobile, that jewelry designer dude, MAC makeup, D-squared. Keep in mind, this was all within the time span of beginning of Stripped to the start of B2B.

i0nDVgY5E3ftS.gif

expose ha.

ibbxX4G3cs39Nb.gif

royalan

Please, Her Pepsi and Coca Cola endorsements was ages ago and it included Britney and Pink, it wasn't that iconic.

You're right, clearly it wasn't. *.*

I wasn't saying Christina has NEVER done endorsements. You're kinda fortifying my point.

If Christina wanted to, she could be shelling out for any and every endorsement possible. Judging by how much The Voice pays her (and that they INCREASED that pay to get her to come back) she's clearly got a name. If basic bitches like Kristen Kruek, Eliza Dushku, and freakin Real Housewives can nab endorsements, you better believe Christina fucking Aguilera could if she WANTED to.

Besides, lets not act like Beyonce isn't an endorsement whore. It's been that way for years. It's how she's made the vast majority of her money.

EDIT: Hell, here's Beyonce posing for 17 magazine when she was just a few years shy of 30. Wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't LOOK every bit her age dressing like a damn child. #MESS

03d163fb8045774b_beyonce-11-14-08.jpg

Koodo

Banned

Is this more than Beyoncé in a shorter timeframe?

ijGcGwqtFcCyR.gif

EDIT: Hell, here's Beyonce posing for 17 magazine when she was just a few years shy of 30. Wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't LOOK every bit her age dressing like a damn child. #MESS

03d163fb8045774b_beyonce-11-14-08.jpg

Check the edit. I said it was however that was like back in the days.. You can't use that for her if we are talking about today. Her endorsements matter now, not when she was actually selling amazing albums.

I can agree with the magazine spread. However every actor and actress is guilty of that in the industry... Ex. High School Musical..

3phemeral

I wasn't saying Christina has NEVER done endorsements. You're kinda fortifying my point.

If Christina wanted to, she could be shelling out for any and every endorsement possible. Judging by how much The Voice pays her (and that they INCREASED that pay to get her to come back) she's clearly got a name. If basic bitches like Kristen Kruek, Eliza Dushku, and freakin Real Housewives can nab endorsements, you better believe Christina fucking Aguilera could if she WANTED to.

Besides, lets not act like Beyonce isn't an endorsements. It's been that way for years. It's how she's made the vast majority of her money.
I wasn't really aware of the previous conversation. I just noticed your post and figured it was odd that she "selectively chose endorsements" when she was doing endorsements left and right at the height of her popularity. She really couldn't do much more because she was already doing the most.

I suppose you can say that she could choose the best of the endorsements she was given (I recall she was also being pimped out by Donatella Versace), but I think it's a little disingenuous to say she was "selective" when she's done random things like Skechers and Virgin Mobile ads simulating sex. I mean, what does Virgin Mobile have to do with her brand? And how can you be "selective" if it adds nothing to your creative message? I understand MAC makeup because it was done in conjunction with donating funds to AIDS research, but nothing else really stands out as upper-echelon endorsement other than being high profile.
i0nDVgY5E3ftS.gif

Again, I'm not arguing who's done more endorsements, but whether those endorsements are really worth differentiating.

Is this more than Beyoncé in a shorter timeframe?

ijGcGwqtFcCyR.gif

I don't really know, I never really stanned for Bey at that time.
i0nDVgY5E3ftS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom