• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Lol at people trying to spin a 4% decrease as some huge negative. Y'all so obsessed. The show started way late, and people still stayed watching for Miley.

I thought her performances of WB and WCS were great IMO.

Aguila

#ICONIC
What the Lorde thinks of Gaga:

what i love about gaga is how completely devoted to her art she is, the way she embodies and lives in the amazing world she created is not an easy thing to do. seems so lovely and clever also!

What the Lorde thinks of Taylor Swift:

Can you explain on what you said about Taylor swift because I feel like many didn't understand
sure! i think i cocked that up a bit and what i said wasn’t put in context also. what i meant was: there’s a lot of importance placed on physical perfection in this industry, and i wish my favourite stars didn’t look perfect because i think fans (me included) have these feelings of worthlessness, like they’ll never be as pretty/talented/whatever, as a result of this intense photoshop culture and the endless strive for perfection. ts was the first person i thought of, which i regret. she happens to be good looking, but i think she actually uses her other imperfections in an incredibly powerful and relatable way. taylor swift has a very unique vision, which i admire. i think somewhere along the line also there was a misquote where people got the impression i thought writing about love was shameful. i don’t! i just haven’t found a way of doing it which is powerful and innovative, which is why i don’t.

ps. i am very very new to this whole thing. i will probably never be the kind of role model for my fans that ts is for hers. i admire her very much for this reason. basically, this is an apology for not thinking too hard before i speak. peace.

What the Lorde thinks of Beyonce:

BV6TGTCCQAAwGz3.jpg:large

*.*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't think M5/promoters could afford having Christina as an opening act. She gets 2-3 million to do a few songs... 17 million to sit in a chair for a few weeks. I mean
And yet, Xtina's biggest song in years was a feature credit on a Maroon 5 song..

xaosslug

And yet, Xtina's biggest song in years was a feature credit on a Maroon 5 song..

repost:

EDIT: i will say this, Christina has less 'hit' songs than every gurl out there, right? And yet she's had more impact, stays relevant, and is paid MORE than your faves for doing (arguably) LESS. I mean. Seriously.

irLx1fbjeJkN7.gif

What the Lorde thinks of Gaga:

What the Lorde thinks of Taylor Swift:

What the Lorde thinks of Beyonce:

*.*

Now I stan ha. What flawless humble answers. She can stay.

It might be a hard concept to grasp for someone who stans for an artist whose Greatest Hits album is shorter than her normal albums, but one off-the-cuff cover a night when you have a Greatest Hits album stacked wall to wall really ain't no big thang.

Dont forget The Voice chairs get more spins than Xtina entire discography.

is36qckpxwowby0xda.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
repost:

EDIT: i will say this, Christina has less 'hit' songs than every gurl out there, right? And yet she's had more impact, stays relevant, and is paid MORE than your faves for doing (arguably) LESS. I mean. Seriously.

irLx1fbjeJkN7.gif
Xtina has close to no relevance at all these days, but kudos for admitting that your fave is little more than a Bargain Bin Beyoncé.

royalan

lmao, another day another dragging. Poor things.

Maybe ivysaur will come in here to tug as well?

Sis, Ivy's got his own wig to worry about in that thread.

Also, still waiting on those receipts from last night. You must have them. *.*

And yet, isn't Beyonce's biggest song period a feature credit on a Gaga song?

royalan

I thought her opening monologue and the Republican WCS spoof were the best.

Yeah, she herself did fine, the skits were just boring.

I agree. Miley did fine enough but SNL has been in the toilet for a long time. Not much she can do about it.

Her performances were the most surprising to me. She actually performed somewhat decently.

I agree. Miley did fine enough but SNL has been in the toilet for a long time. Not much she can do about it.

Her performances were the most surprising to me. She actually performed somewhat decently.

I know right? I mean, she's not a bad singer, but her voice is one of those that can be REALLY hit or miss. I used her acoustic WCS performance though.

royalan

Sis, even your avatar got scalped.

Sis, how did I get scalped when half that thread agrees with me? Have you actually been following it?

Also, are you gonna do that thing Bladenic does where you live though other people's (attempts) to drag? I'm still waiting on your receipts.

xaosslug

Xtina has close to no relevance at all these days, but kudos for admitting that your fave is little more than a Bargain Bin Beyoncé.

ahahahaha. She's fat, she's skinny, she says this, she says that - she's on the cover of a magazine or splashed across some website/blog. Seriously, how can you post this with any kind sincerity while posting on PopGAF? Do you have nearly every poster on ignore, or something? Dragging Christina is PopGAF's national pass time.

all because she's irrelevant, th. Right?

do you seriously think all these gurls out there would be hustling on the road like they are if they could do like Christina on any level? Kelly tried it, Mariah tried it, Nikki tried it, Rihanna tried it, Britney tried it, Triley would have tried it (but XF didn' want to pay her what she wanted), Jlo keeps at it, Demi, Kelly's been doing it. I mean.

aside: the 'mean girls' cliquishness of this thread is REALLY fucking annoying. I don't think most of you even realize you're doing it, too. -__-

My Song 5 and Days Are Gone tho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The entire album is amazing tbh, I love those too, Go Slow is just so incredibly powerful and it's my fave so far.

OMG. My favorite song on the album. An end of summer jam.
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

edit: death at this being released in February 2012. i thought it was one of the new songs!
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Omg sis you have flawless taste
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

It was on their EP, but yeah. I was surprised too.

Mau ®

do you seriously think all these gurls out there would be hustling on the road like they are if they could do like Christina on any level? Kelly tried it, Mariah tried it, Nikki tried it, Rihanna tried it, Britney tried it, Triley would have tried it (but XF didn' want to pay her what she wanted), Jlo keeps at it, Demi, Kelly's been doing it. I mean.

Da fuck. Rihanna has never been a judge on a singing competition. Don't spill vile lies if you ain't got the receipts.

She has a career.

VwkLIaF.gif

royalan

I love how Christina has no relevance, and yet hers is the highest tracking song from a current soundtrack full of so-called "relevant" artists.

Koodo

Banned
Sis, how did I get scalped when half that thread agrees with me? Have you actually been following it?

Also, are you gonna do that thing Bladenic does where you live though other people's (attempts) to drag? I'm still waiting on your receipts.
You're so mad when ivysaur gets mentioned. I know you'll never choose bulbasaur in Pokemon. 👸

I'm sure you'll recall 3phemeral provided the receipts yesterday evening with little reciprocity on the other side. The onus is on you to demonstrate Beyoncé is a bigger endorsement whore than the legend. Surely your copy of Microsoft Encarter would make this an easy task.

Mau ®

I love how Christina has no relevance, and yet hers is the highest tracking song from a current soundtrack full of so-called "relevant" artists.

Now sis don't try it. The Kings of Pop GODPLAY actually had their song go #4 on iTunes USA and it was #1 in almost 30 countries on iTunes. It was just released earlier since it's the lead single.

xaosslug

Mau ®;85056261 said:
Da fuck. Rihanna has never been a judge on a singing competition. Don't spill vile lies if you ain't got the receipts.

She has a career.

oh, you didn't see her on x-factor? Maybe, this was before you started stanning ha? Let's not pretend she wouldn't have been sitting at the table if producers were willing to pay her whatever she wanted.

VwkLIaF.gif

xaosslug

not to mention how she gots everybody up in here ready to got to WAR. Dat irrelevance.

5cysgm.gif

ok, I'mma stahp here b4 mumi comes home and clocks me! :-x

royalan

You're so mad when ivysaur gets mentioned. I know you'll never choose bulbasaur in Pokemon. 👸

I'm sure you'll recall 3phemeral provided the receipts yesterday evening with little reciprocity on the other side. The onus is on you to demonstrate Beyoncé is a bigger endorsement whore than the legend. Surely your copy of Microsoft Encarter would make this an easy task.

Ch...

Ok, Bitch, I laughed.

Anyway, I did provide the tea. Beyonce has done three endorsement deals this year alone, ONE of this endorsements directly contradicts with a major endorsement Beyonce did just the year prior. And again, I'm only talking this year. That's more than Christina has ever had going at the same time. Same for Britney, while we're on the subject.

Mau ®

oh, you didn't see her on x-factor? Maybe, this was before you started stanning ha? Let's not pretend she wouldn't have been sitting at the table if producers were willing to pay her whatever she wanted.

VwkLIaF.gif

She was a LA Reid's guest mentor for one episode. That's not equivalent to what you were trying to put her as on your original post.

Please don't font lies about The Queen of Pop.

VwkLIaF.gif

aside: the 'mean girls' cliquishness of this thread is REALLY fucking annoying. I don't think most of you even realize you're doing it, too. -__-

This is not fair to say. I was told that this is the nature of stan base arguments and this is how it goes. I have to deal with Bargain Bey, eBey, HasBeyn, Fraudyonce, and all other messy Bey titles. But if you like Xtina and what she doing why should it matter? The dragging is fun. I mean your not alone. Roy and botty got your back.

xaosslug

Mau ®;85057709 said:
She was a LA Reid's guest mentor for one episode. That's not equivalent to what you were trying to put her as on your original post.

Please don't font lies about The Queen of Pop.

VwkLIaF.gif

mmhmm, sure. sure. I bet she loveses the road-dog life, what with how she's LATE to nearly every stop...

ibscnEyFDVIiup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom