• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Eh no. You can't claim to understand Bey but can't understand Xtina. There's no reason to hate Bey besides the fact that she gets blamed for everything she had no control over. Xtina is suffering from not being worthy of her title. That's completely draggable if Bey can get dragged for 4.

Oh, the old "Beyonce is completely ignorant of anything and everything having to do with her career...except for when she's not" excuse...

I just heard it. Never has a garbled mess had so much promise.
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png

LQ MANiCURE snippet

LQ is an understatement.

This was not even a snippet, but more trying to hear a song coming out of her ass. But at least it holds some hope.

cory64

Oh, the old "Beyonce is completely ignorant of anything and everything having to do with her career...except for when she's not" excuse...
But Roy, she writes all of her songs, how could someone like that have no input on her promotional deals?

xaosslug

So what you seem to be saying is, you can't understand why anybody would want to drag your fave, and hence it's bad that people do it, but because you dislike Bey, it's fine that she gets pretty routinely dog piled?

I'm going to be honest, some of sympathy that I had for your observation has ebbed away.

hahaha, no. What I'm saying is that the Beyhive has BEEN seen as the Regina George of stanbases for, literally, years. So, I get why most stanbases drag Bey when they get the chance.

but Christina has been dragged by most stanbases for years just because of her existence. And it's surprising to see happen on PopGAF because most peeps on here are (supposedly) grown folks that claim to have 'better taste' beyond the pop gurls.

... But standing is easier?

really? Standing and jumping around and everything she's doing is easier than sitting still on a stool?

SaintZ

!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of HAIM, their debut album came in at #1 in the UK ahead of The Miserable Experience Part 2. Queens tbh.

!!!!!!!!!
Let me help you with receipts boo:

Haim celebrate debut album No.1 in UK charts after beating Justin Timberlake in fierce battle

At one point last week, there was less than 100 copies separating Timberlake and Haim between the top spot.

Haim have won the battle gone straight to the top of the charts with their debut album.

The Californian sisters scooped the number one spot with their first full release, Days Are Gone, according to the Official Charts Company.

The album features their track The Wire, which the band dedicated to David Cameron after performing in front of the Prime Minister on BBC1's the Andrew Marr Show last week.

Justin Timberlake's fourth album, The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2, entered the charts at number two.

The US star has hit the top of the charts with his previous three albums.

Last week's number one act, Kings of Leon, slide down to third place with Mechanical Bull, while Arctic Monkeys' AM held on to fourth position.

Other new entries in the top 10 were American rockers Alter Bridge with Fortress at number six and rapper Dizzee Rascal's The Fifth at number 10.

In the single's chart OneRepublic's Counting Stars rose two places to claim number one, while the debut single Can We Dance from British pop band The Vamps entered in second place.

Derulo's Talk Dirty and Katy Perry's power pop record Roar both fell two places to numbers three and four respectively.

The top 10 featured new entries from Chase and Status, at fifth place with Count On Me, and Dizzee Rascal's Something Really Bad which came in at 10.
Congrats to them I guess.

avrilparty1seu3i.gif

xaosslug

Eh no. You can't claim to understand Bey but can't understand Xtina. There's no reason to hate Bey besides the fact that she gets blamed for everything she had no control over. Xtina is suffering from not being worthy of her title. That's completely draggable if Bey can get dragged for 4.

i'm not saying there is a reason to hate Bey, but I am saying that I understand why peeps/stanbases do.

and the whole 'not being worthy of her title' thing is a stanufactured excuse that's been bandied about for years.

Stay pressed listening to the bias news. We all love people who jump to conclusion about situations they don't even know the full story too.

i'm not saying there is a reason to hate Bey, but I am saying that I understand why peeps/stanbases do.

and the whole 'not being worthy of her title' thing is a stanufactured excuse that's been bandied about for years.

I'm sorry but if you hate the stanbase then hate the stanbase not the person. For example. With Bey, she gets dragged by the actions of her stanbase however she has no power over the things they say. Bey is still innocent because she's not the one purposely dragging all your favs. So she doesn't deserve to get dragged for that.

I don't hate Xtina but if we are talking about being musically talented like her peers and being able to deliver as much as her peers in categories that she is known for , completely disregarding the new age pop divas, but not being able to upkeep those expectations, then yes.. She shall get dragged.

Bladenic

Mau ®;85064805 said:
I guess I'll check out HAIM if Chris says it's perfect gym music.

Lol it was for me, but it was a nice change of pace from the house/techno/EDM I usually employ. It's not actually gym music lmao.

Listen to the album because it's amazing tho :*

Yado

You sound like a dissatisfied #fighter. Have you considered retirement?
jX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

botty

Banned
Mau ®;85066689 said:
I have yet to hear Vol. 2 of 20/20, despite really liking the first one. Is it as vile as everybody says it is?

Take back The Night is a highlight of the album.

iW6h80q4ZkIOg.gif

Sis, there are very few people out there who know about Beyonce Knowles than me.

Most of the shade is true. Keep trying it, tho.

None of the shade is true because there's no receipts. This is the lame excuse everyone uses to justify there reasons for dragging her. If the accusation can't be found via a Google search, if none of them reached a courtroom, if it's not pasted on magazines or talked about on TV, the radio, if she is not being casted away from many other artist in the field that so called knows of these shady ways, then how is it true? Next, if it was true why is it a big problem when Bey does it when this entire world works off the notion of copying and reformat paste? I mean Apple recycles everything Android puts on their phones, re-brand it on their iProducts but get so much credit for it despite it being shady and unoriginal.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
hahaha, no. What I'm saying is that the Beyhive has BEEN seen as the Regina George of stanbases for, literally, years. So, I get why most stanbases drag Bey when they get the chance.

but Christina has been dragged by most stanbases for years just because of her existence. And it's surprising to see happen on PopGAF because most peeps on here are (supposedly) grown folks that claim to have 'better taste' beyond the pop gurls.

OIC.

Well actually it's not really true that Xtina gets dragged 'just because of her existence', actually I would say she represents pretty low-hanging fruit. Also much like I'm told the Beyhive are/were, the Fighters seem to be among the scrappiest and drag-happy stanbases, so it's not really enormously surprising that Xtina gets in retaliation.

Though I do agree that there is a line between playful dragging and slightly uncomfortably personal attacks and I'm aware that I sometimes go too far. So in that respect I'll try and keep it in check.

Trigger

I, too, got a chuckle out of seeing Justine's career fizzle into dust.

OupKFO7.gif
OupKFO7.gif
OupKFO7.gif

Mau ®;85066689 said:
I have yet to hear Vol. 2 of 20/20, despite really liking the first one. Is it as vile as everybody says it is?

It's not vile so much as it's just kind of forgettable. There are some decent songs. He shouldn't have released it so soon IMO.

3phemeral

Mau ®;85066689 said:
From what I've heard of 20/20, I couldn't get into it. It's exactly the same with Justin and his vacuous offerings on Holy Grail. His voice just wasn't punching enough to make anything really stick. I mean, I use Another Song (All Over Again) religiously, so he's capable of being emotive, but his recent productions have just been completely emotionally pancaked.

Anyway, relistening to Aura from the iTunes fesitval and it's cute how a large section of the audience already know the lyrics and are singing along. This is especially evident when she sings "HollywooOoOoOOoOd." And also at the end when she sings "Undah-neath the cuh-vahs"
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png

Also, can I just put it out there now with how funktastically amazing the Artpop track is going to sound in HQ?

iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif

Majmun

Mau ®;85065373 said:
The Queen getting high in Australia.

Looking at Right Now, What Now and Pour it up chart performance, Australia seems to be the only place where she's able to get high these days

Katy is coming for that chart wig. NVAY better be afraid

royalan

Looking at Right Now, What Now and Pour it up chart performance, Australia seems to be the only place where she's able to get high these days

Is she though? Honestly, Roar is the only song I can see her taking to number 1 so far this era. Black Horse and Walking on Air certainly aren't going to do it.

xaosslug

OIC.

Well actually it's not really true that Xtina gets dragged 'just because of her existence', actually I would say she represents pretty low-hanging fruit. Also much like I'm told the Beyhive are/were, the Fighters seem to be among the scrappiest and drag-happy stanbases, so it's not really enormously surprising that Xtina gets in retaliation.

Though I do agree that there is a line between playful dragging and slightly uncomfortably personal attacks and I'm aware that I sometimes go too far. So in that respect I'll try and keep it in check.

scrappy and drag-happy is pretty spot-on (it's embarrassing on a certain level - how hair-trigger #fighters are when it comes to 'going in', tbh), but again I do understand it, because a lot of it is conditioning/tempering from years of enduring abuse...
ibbIe12eG5jCUc.gif

i'm glad were were able to have this talk tho, sis

ivZMXBz5WVcZb.gif

None of the shade is true because there's no receipts. This is the lame excuse everyone uses to justify there reasons for dragging her. If the accusation can't be found via a Google search, if none of them reached a courtroom, if it's not pasted on magazines or talked about on TV, the radio, if she is not being casted away from many other artist in the field that so called knows of these shady ways, then how is it true? Next, if it was true why is it a big problem when Bey does it when this entire world works off the notion of copying and reformat paste? I mean Apple recycles everything Android puts on their phones, re-brand it on their iProducts but get so much credit for it despite it being shady and unoriginal.

I appreciate you fighting the good fight sis, but it's futile at this point. Roy has decided that Beyonce is a terrible person but can't provide receipts. Hate based on conjecture is useless and not worth your time to respond to.

I stopped caring when the double standards became almost too obvious to point out

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

Mau ®

Right Now is a flop.

Pour It Up is an urban song AND just so you know it's actually the biggest urban hit this year both digitally and in radio (though Bad might take it).

What Now just came out.

Go worry about Hasbéyn's next era.

Tedder is working on Adele and Beyonce's new albums - but is sworn to secrecy.

"Adele sounds even better than before," he says. "I love where she's at, she's still my favourite artist in the world. I would press pause on my entire life if it meant I could go into the studio for a month straight with her. And Beyonce's album will be mind-blowing."

Source

Not Adele coming back. The rest might as well pack it up now.

iW6h80q4ZkIOg.gif

royalan

I appreciate you fighting the good fight sis, but it's futile at this point. Roy has decided that Beyonce is a terrible person but can't provide receipts. Hate based on conjecture is useless and not worth your time to respond to.

I stopped caring when the double standards became almost too obvious to point out

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

Kissing You lawsuit.

Beyonce Settles $100 Million Lawsuit With Gate Five Video Game Company

Beyonce's House Of Dereon Sued In Contract Dispute

And the sad thing, sis, is that this is just a SAMPLE. I could KEEP GOING.

So don't claim conjecture when even YOU know the truth about Beyonce's fraudulence. And that's really what gets me. Beyonce is one of the shadiest popstars on the PLANET. That wouldn't be so hard to take if her fanbase didn't make it a point to INSIST otherwise despite KNOWING the tea is true. It's like y'all NEED Beyonce to be this delicate, innocent flower despite knowing she's not.

Just accept it: Your fave is a lying, cheating thief .

Partition

Banned
bububub not some heathen saying Apple is the one who steals

Let's not forgeT how Android was started and hew is the one constantly losing lawsuits

cory64

Rihanna's hyperemotive take on Beyoncé's style (and subsequent evolution) has afforded her more longevity and impact than anyone would have guessed.

Apple's pared down take on the Xerox Alto (and subsequent evolution) has afforded them more longevity and impact than anyone would have guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom