• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate you fighting the good fight sis, but it's futile at this point. Roy has decided that Beyonce is a terrible person but can't provide receipts. Hate based on conjecture is useless and not worth your time to respond to.

I stopped caring when the double standards became almost too obvious to point out

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

Yup... As If any of their favs have never been dragged to a court room before for something...hmm

Source

Not Adele coming back. The rest might as well pack it up now.

iW6h80q4ZkIOg.gif

I heard about this. Adele coming back have everyone favs snatching they own wigs

tumblr_inline_mmgmofr3Kx1qz4rgp.gif

bububub not some heathen saying Apple is the one who steals

Let's not forgeT how Android was started and hew is the one constantly losing lawsuits

Android didn't start because of the iPhone, 1.
Android isn't infringing on iOS or in patent lawsuits, but their OEM's are like Samsung and HTC for BASIC functions that shouldn't even be patent-able (Like really a square can be patent?)

Android been giving you all your favorite iPhone features since 2008, stay PRESSED. Enjoy your Fingerprint Scanner that was in the Motorola Atrix back in 2011.

Partition

Banned
What lawsuits has Android lost?

Well not Android specifically but Samsung has lost just about every lawsuit it has gone into with Apple (lawsuits mostly for software related patents). The one time Apple was about to lose to Samsung in the US, the US Government blocked it from happening. Apple, their power.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rihanna's hyperemotive take
I can't read this without it seeming like shade. A few years ago Rih's singing was pretty widely considered robotic and flat (ELLA ELLA EH EH, like a damn Dalek). Now we're told with a straight face that it's emotive, RIP.

I don't even know. It'd be neat if she came back and flopped, so I could have a nice long cackle.

Wishful thinking....But we all know this is not going to happen. I more want her to come out exactly when Gaga does so Little Monsters can fume again like how 21 completely destroyed BTW. That was an epic battle.

moulels

Android didn't start because of the iPhone, 1.
Android isn't infringing on iOS or in patent lawsuits, but their OEM's are like Samsung and HTC for BASIC functions that shouldn't even be patent-able (Like really a square can be patent?)

Android been giving you all your favorite iPhone features since 2008, stay PRESSED. Enjoy your Fingerprint Scanner that was in the Motorola Atrix back in 2011.

DESTROY THEM SIS
ieSUJWAWgo20J.gif

Yado

Wishful thinking....But we all know this is not going to happen. I more want her to come out exactly when Gaga does so Little Monsters can fume again like how 21 completely destroyed BTW. That was an epic battle.

Gaga did it to herself when she recorded that album tbh.

royalan

Yup... As If any of their favs have never been dragged to a court room before for something...hmm

Yes, gone 'head and try to deflect sis. But, until you can point out any of our faves who have had their music literally REMOVED FROM SHELVES by order of a judge, you'll just have to admit that fraudulence is one area Beyonce truly does stand a cut above the rest.

Gaga did it to herself when she recorded that album tbh.

Tbh, maybe the album was just too ahead of it's time. I don't think BTW was a bad album, quite good, but it was just way too into the future. I think after a couple of years, it might become a underrated classic that everyone will realize was actually really good. That's the only argument I can put up for it. It could be dated too but idk

Yes, gone 'head and try to deflect sis. But, until you can point out any of our faves who have had their music literally REMOVED FROM SHELVES by order of a judge, you'll just have to admit that fraudulence is one area Beyonce truly does stand a cut above the rest.

Those are the exact same lawsuits that I stated yestuday that STILL does not prove your unwarranted hate for her. So let's. The Video Game lawsuit is dismissed because it doesn't show how shes fraudulent. If you read your link,

Beyoncé's argument in the case was that she had a valid contractual right to exercise termination provisions after Gate Five was unable to fulfill obligations to obtain $5 million of committed financing for the project.

Which is legal...And then the company itself went into ILLEGAL tactics just to have a bigger motive to steal

Gate Five looked to investigate whether Beyonce had dropped Gate Five in the interest of scoring a better deal with a competitor. The company sought all sorts of documents including a possible audit conducted by Beyonce's law firm on the management company run by her father. Beyonce's attorneys called it a "fishing expedition" and a breach of attorney-client privilege.

There won't be any trial. Last week, the parties submitted papers in court that discontinue the claims. An attorney for Gate Five couldn't be reached but has been quoted as saying that the lawsuit was settled amicably on confidential terms.

Just as business people are suppose to do. Settled, done....No follow up. Everyone is happy, both move on with thier lives. And about your Kissing you scandal....Again from your link to expose your blind hate.

An injunction hearing was scheduled for 4 May,[31] and later postponed until 14 May 2007.[36] On 12 October 2007, the case was dismissed with prejudice, by agreement of all parties.[37] Knowles' father and manager, Mathew Knowles, stated that his daughter did not know about the copyright issues prior to the legal action, and that recording artists rarely involve themselves with such matters.

Once again settled. She had no idea of the situation as proven as she wasn't even involved in the situation. But of course, you assume she knows.

And Oh, the infamous House of Dereon scandal...

"According to the complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan, the apparel maker claims it lost more than $500,000 because clothing company Donna Loren LLC and shipping outfit HJM International were “conspirators who induced the shipment of goods to the United States with the intent to convert them or pay less than the agreed upon contract price,” says the source.

Absolutely nothing that has to do with Beyonce but the shipping company that is apart of the line that only ships the line. She was dragged into it because her company is one of the companies also associated with the shipping company that was doing the scheming that she has nothing to do with.

Now if you may, bring me another piece of bias news that throws her name into things that she isn't even apart of, that has nothing to do with her musical career as well. None of your claims have anything with her being fraudulent but you tried....again lol.

I actually love our battles! :D

I'm concerned for Beyonce's safety.
Roy David Chapman, tbh

cory64

I can't read this without it seeming like shade. A few years ago Rih's singing was pretty widely considered robotic and flat (ELLA ELLA EH EH, like a damn Dalek). Now we're told with a straight face that it's emotive, RIP.

A robotic Alanis clone is still more emotive than the bland "fierce perfectionism" Bey was, is, and continues to serve.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A robotic Alanis clone is still more emotive than the bland "fierce perfectionism" Bey was, is, and continues to serve.

I've had stronger emotions after having a shit than I have listening to Rihanna's music. Unless 'overwhelming thirst for anonymous sperm' is an emotion.

I don't think Bey is particularly emotive but if you seriously watch this and claim that Rihanna's animatronic donkey bleat is more emotive I just don't even know what I could say.

Yado

Tbh, maybe the album was just too ahead of it's time. I don't think BTW was a bad album, quite good, but it was just way too into the future. I think after a couple of years, it might become a underrated classic that everyone will realize was actually really good. That's the only argument I can put up for it. It could be dated too but idk

Her future output would have to be pretty bad to make people go back and appreciate BTW.

xaosslug

Her future output would have to be pretty bad to make people go back and appreciate BTW.

i5ZCpCpOy83Tf.gif

yeah, Rih ain't the best vocals (is anyone here for her vocals?, lbr) But I doubt Bey could ever deliver anything on the level of Diamonds, Russian Roulette, or Stay - even Princess of China.

could Bey even give us something like Man Down? I mean

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ariana Grande's target market reaction video
I know some of you like her here so you may enjoy it

Honestly I hadn't heard much of her music before but she really is exactly sound Mariah Carey
If some hew with a Mariah voice can find success nowdays why cant Mariah herself?

royalan

I've had stronger emotions after having a shit than I have listening to Rihanna's music. Unless 'overwhelming thirst for anonymous sperm' is an emotion.

I don't think Bey is particularly emotive but if you seriously watch this and claim that Rihanna's animatronic donkey bleat is more emotive I just don't even know what I could say.

To give a somewhat serious answer...I think Beyonce is of course a superior singer when it comes to straight-up singing. But I think she's terrible at emoting, and as I was saying to Mumei I think it's because of her "perfectionist" approach to singing. Her attempts at evoking a specific emotion always come off as obtuse to me. Always too obvious in her intent. I think I've mentioned before how hilarious it is when Beyonce tries to sound "street" (Stop the TU-RACK, let me state FACTS! that entire song is hilarious.[/i]).

A classic example that I always point to is a particular performance that she did with Jay Z awhile back of his song with Mary J Blige, "Can't Knock The Hustle."

Listen to a live performance with Mary. And now with Bey.

The difference is like night and day. Mary is clearly LIVING the song through her interpretation of the lyrics. It's really effortless. Bey, on the other hand, sounds like a technical singer trying to convey emotion that she just doesn't understand. She sounds overly rehearsed.

Rihanna may not hold a candle to Beyonce's range or technique, but I DO think she's a lot more effortless when it comes to interpreting a song. She can do songs like Phresh of the Runway and Pour It Up and be completely and believably thuggish, and then do a song like Stay on the same album and sound completely vulnerable and surprisingly nuanced.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Because she's better than Mariah Carey.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

Mariah Carey now or Mariah just in general?

And bless the little girl at 6:30 when they mention the difference between Miley and Ariana

I don't get the video but of course I stan too hard for Alunageorge to nit pick. I love this song, therefore I love this video

I guess, but she can still make amazing albums and BTW could be the black sheep we kind of all learn to love.

Kaleidoscope Love should be their next single.

This or Bad Idea. "Bad Idea" is too damn good. However "Diver" was suppose to be a single. I wonder what happened

To give a somewhat serious answer...I think Beyonce is of course a superior singer when it comes to straight-up singing. But I think she's terrible at emoting, and as I was saying to Mumei I think it's because of her "perfectionist" approach to singing. Her attempts at evoking a specific emotion always come off as obtuse to me. Always too obvious in her intent. I think I've mentioned before how hilarious it is when Beyonce tries to sound "street" (Stop the TU-RACK, let me state FACTS! that entire song is hilarious.[/i]).

A classic example that I always point to is a particular performance that she did with Jay Z awhile back of his song with Mary J Blige, "Can't Knock The Hustle."

The difference is like night and day. Mary is clearly LIVING the song through her interpretation of the lyrics. It's really effortless. Bey, on the other hand, sounds like a technical singer trying to convey emotion that she just doesn't understand. She sounds overly rehearsed.

Rihanna may not hold a candle to Beyonce's range or technique, but I DO think she's a lot more effortless when it comes to interpreting a song. She can do songs like Phresh of the Runway and Pour It Up and be completely and believably thuggish, and then do a song like Stay on the same album and sound completely vulnerable and surprisingly nuanced.

I agree and disagree. Mary J. is I mean...She makes every song she sings on hot. I don't know one MJB song that didn't come out good so her soulfulness on the track gave it a heavy R&B vibe. It is a clear bop and the audience agree. On Bey's end, it doesn't sound like she's trying to sing with emotion because the song isn't meant to sing with emotion. She literally is just singing in junction with the beat. She's feeling the song in a different way. Analysing the two, it sound like Bey was singing it as an upbeat song, where as MLB was singing it as "The struggle". She was singing it the way the song meant to her. I felt it more the way that MJB sang it thou..OWWWW that went through my bones.

Because she's better than Mariah Carey.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Like I said, I don't think Bey is a particularly emotive singer (at least not in the studio).

But let's face facts, the only reason that the #NAVY have started talking about Rih's 'emotive' singing is because of their 'toppled the queen' narrative. They knew they couldn't get away with saying she was a more accomplished singer than Bey so they started claiming she's more 'emotive', which is vague, difficult to quantify and easier to maintain in the face of criticism because it's more subjective. But the fact remains that before they started the 'she's so emotive' push Rih was considered robotic, and for most people I suspect it still is ('I'm not saying Rihanna's a robot, but I bet she could harmonise with a printer').

You only have to look at the reaction to my calling Rih robotic and unemotive to see the real reason for pushing this nonsense; it's not to argue that Rih is emotive, but rather than Bey isn't. It's nothing to do with Rih and everything to do with, as I said, this dumb narrative that the #NAVY have been trying to push for the last year or so.

You only have to listen to a truly emotive pop singer like Robyn or Kate Bush for 30 seconds to realise that Rih ain't it.

Yado

She started smoking at 15 because she was “sad”. She was “always a sad little girl”, and is in many ways “still sad now”. She bursts into tears. “A lot of the time, I feel really attacked by the world,” she wails. Even when she got famous, her mother couldn’t be happy for her. She is “jealous”, says Banks, “but she can’t act weird with me now, because she’s going to ask for stuff. You want a new TV, you want a new washing machine?” She cries hard for two or three minutes. “It suuuucks,” she sobs.

The only problem is that Banks seems to find these fights so exciting. She happily lays into Miley Cyrus, saying she is “ignorant” and “uninspired”. She doesn’t regret calling Lily Allen a “cokehead” in an online spat with the LDN singer a few months ago — “I’m from New York City. I’m sure she’s a big thing in the UK, but I don’t know who she is” — although she is sorry she called Perez Hilton a “faggot”, because she lost her deal with Mac. “Thirty minutes of laughter cost me my contract,” she sighs.

Azealia, girl...
iBtuj0l2wNpjr.gif

tumblr source because you have to make an account at the real source

botty

Banned
The good sis, 3phemeral, has blessed me an iconic avatar and now I am truly ready for POKEMON Ysus. #TeamFroakie #3phemeralsARTPOP

iC4eHHxNWe9g3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom