• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't even a reply to you...

VjvlV.gif

The message is about having fun and accepting yourself. It's wrapped in a simple, almost offensive box... but doesn't change the message.

That's part of the message I can accept. But it's not "inspirational". See it can be about that, but life isn't about that. We've seen the effects of this life *coughcoughlindsaylohancoughcough*

Not a Beyhive member showing inability to read. I'm shocked.

I wish I knew your fav so my rebuttal could be sweet. You get a pass lol.

OKAY so NOBODY paid attention to me or Roy previously but EVERYONE has to listen to this track at least twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bgnhM7ukik

Bless this song. My favorite song off the whole album.

Yado

Daniel, when I first saw you
I knew that you had a flame in your heart
And under wild blue sky
Marble movie sky
I found a home in your eyes
We'd never be apart

And when the fires came
The smell of cinders and rain
Perfumed almost everything
We laughed and laughed and laughed

And in the golden blue
Car you took me to
The darkest place you knew
And you set fire to my heart

Natasha, sis.
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

When I run in the dark
To a place that's vast
Under a sheet of rain in my heart
I dream of home

Stan and sob
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

ipGjAl7ciRCYF.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Daniel, when I first saw you
I knew that you had a flame in your heart
And under wild blue sky
Marble movie sky
I found a home in your eyes
We'd never be apart

And when the fires came
The smell of cinders and rain
Perfumed almost everything
We laughed and laughed and laughed

And in the golden blue
Car you took me to
The darkest place you knew
And you set fire to my heart

tumblr_ml1q8oaEyp1rdjfvpo9_250.gif

Natasha, sis.
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

When I run in the dark
To a place that's vast
Under a sheet of rain in my heart
I dream of home

Stan and sob
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

ipGjAl7ciRCYF.gif

There was someone that I knew before
A heart from the past that I cannot forget
I let him take all my gold, and hurt me so bad
But now for you, I have nothing left of all my gold

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

The entire alberm is usable, sis. ;_____;

You really liked all of it? Man, I listened to the while thing and was just bored. I wasn't expecting it from Gold so maybe that's why, but I couldn't get into it. It just wasn't touching me. I just loved Thea and Drew. I liked that it was mostly a story from beginning to end but that's about it.

Nemesis_

The entire alberm is usable, sis. ;_____;

Well yes but everyone seems to be so AVERSE to listening to albums so I tried to lure them in with one track >_>

You really liked all of it? Man, I listened to the while thing and was just bored. I wasn't expecting it from Gold so maybe that's why, but I couldn't get into it. It just wasn't touching me. I just loved Thea and Drew. I liked that it was mostly a story from beginning to end but that's about it.

I felt the same but I was Twittering and shit in bed once while listening to it and I had a moment and it just connected. I don't even know why.

I won't lie though - I prefer Black Cherry and Supernature Goldfrapp more.

royalan

Different strokes for different folks. I tend to like nuanced, thoughtful works of musical excellence.

iO2jm7WbWh226.gif

Mau ®

I feel awful because I listened to Goldfrapp's Tales of Us once, liked it and then never listened to it again. It doesn't lend itself to the pacing of my job :/

I was such a stan of them back in the Supernature-Head First eras. Seventh Tree is one of my fave albums of all time. Head First kinda killed the love I had for them tho.

royalan

Tales of Us has become the album I listen to when I need to focus at my desk when I'm working from home, tbh.

That moody, folky type of music is exactly what I listen to when I need to tune shit out.

So this album (along with Kate Bush, Esperanza Spalding, and Lana Del Rey) will be on heavy rotation in about a month.

Different strokes for different folks. I tend to like nuanced, thoughtful works of musical excellence.

iO2jm7WbWh226.gif

I see what you did there lol! But Idk.. I usually like that dark, moody, ghostly orchestrated type music but it just didn't do anything for me. I'm not gonna lie but I thought it might sound a little like Crystal Castles but it didn't. It just dragged for me. It feels like one of those albums that you need to be in a specific mood just to enjoy. However Queen Monae slayed me so nothing of value was lost.

royalan

I see what you did there lol! But Idk.. I usually like that dark, moody, ghostly orchestrated type music but it just didn't do anything for me. I'm not gonna lie but I thought it might sound a little like Crystal Castles but it didn't. It just dragged for me. It feels like one of those albums that you need to be in a specific mood just to enjoy. However Queen Monae slayed me so nothing of value was lost.

Sis we can agree there. I am LOVING Electric Lady. I think I prefer it to Archandroid, actually. Electric Lady isn't as daring as Archandroid, and it's heavier on the R&B influences, but I like that Janelle picked a sound and really honed in on it with this record.

Electric Lady is like what 4 tried to be, but helmed by a much more musically-minded and talented artist.

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

Well yes but everyone seems to be so AVERSE to listening to albums so I tried to lure them in with one track >_>

I felt the same but I was Twittering and shit in bed once while listening to it and I had a moment and it just connected. I don't even know why.

I won't lie though - I prefer Black Cherry and Supernature Goldfrapp more.

I might revisit for another time. I haven't gotten around to listening to all her older stuff but I'll try to since Spotify is a blessing in disguise.

Aura punches so hard. I can't avoid bopping to it.

Aura is that type of song that has me screaming out on the top of a mountain cliff, arms out, palms open, chest protruding forward, hair thrown back, as I yell the chorus to the wind.. The chorus is so strong, It's almost like that part is lifted, ripped out of the song then placed back gently. The feeling I get when it comes up is strictly heavenly.

Do you want to see me naked lover
Do you want to peek Underneath the cover
Do you want to see the girl who lives behind the Aura behind the Aura

Do you want to touch me cosmic lover
Do you want to peek Underneath the cover
Do you want to see the girl who lives behind the Aura behind the Aura

This ArtPOP..

Edit... Oddly enough, this is not the first time Lady Gaga has done this to me. In Highway Unicorn.. This one part made me feel the same way.

Get your hot rods ready to rumble 'cuz we're gonna fall in love tonight
Get your hot rods ready to rumble 'cuz we're gonna drink until we die

This did it for me too. That feeling.. It gives me goosebumps and makes my head go numb. When I first heard this, my body didn't see it coming so it was one of those uplifting experiences that blew me away. The way she yelled this, I just imagined myself in that plain again on that mountain.

Nemesis_

his ArtPOP..

Edit... Oddly enough, this is not the first time Lady Gaga has done this to me. In Highway Unicorn.. This one part made me feel the same way.

This did it for me too. That feeling.. It gives me goosebumps and makes my head go numb. When I first heard this, my body didn't see it coming so it was one of those uplifting experiences that blew me away. The way she yelled this, I just imagined myself in that plain again on that mountain.

The first time I went to the Born This Way Ball, she opened with this song. It's just. The experience is pretty much exactly what you described but LOUDER it's just so good.

fnuisdfbsudiubfdns I need a DVD

Sis we can agree there. I am LOVING Electric Lady. I think I prefer it to Archandroid, actually. Electric Lady isn't as daring as Archandroid, and it's heavier on the R&B influences, but I like that Janelle picked a sound and really honed in on it with this record.

Electric Lady is like what 4 tried to be, but helmed by a much more musically-minded and talented artist.

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

You just have to Roy lol

tumblr_mqohdyKo4q1qbbb7uo1_500.gif

I've been sleeping on Janelle because her singles are so high octane and cheesy for me that I couldn't take her seriously. They were just so happy go lucky and I wasn't feeling it, but I did not know she had R&B buried deep in the soul. I didn't go into the album with high expectations because I was expecting her whole album to be like "Dance Apocalyptic" which is my most hated song on the whole album, and when I heard it from beginning to end, I was at my parents house alone praising Jesus for blessing me with such an amazing album. I literally have nothing bad to say about this album. The transitioning from song to song was flawless. Her vocals, her presentation, the 70's vibes, the delivery of the whole package... Absolutely FLAWLESS.

Edit: I will fuck with 4 ANY DAY of the week than to listen to I Am... Sasha Fierce. 4 is easily one of Bey's best albums. No one to this day can explain to me what Sasha Fierce is and I don't want to hear it because imo, it was garbage.

The first time I went to the Born This Way Ball, she opened with this song. It's just. The experience is pretty much exactly what you described but LOUDER it's just so good.

fnuisdfbsudiubfdns I need a DVD

I could imagine. There is just so much about Lady Gaga I love... I can't even express them in words. I went from hating this bitch with a burning passion to unapologetically loving her. I feel like I'm a success story in my infatuation with her. I just went back to listen to Judas (a song I previously hated) and a line in that song made me stop to digest it for a second..

She said.

I wanna love you,
But something’s pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue,
Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to

The urgency in which she repeats 'I cling to'.... Only Lady Gaga... Only lady fucking gaga. It hit me, I don't know why but it did.

I just went back to listen to Judas (a song I previously hated) and a line in that song made me stop to digest it for a second..

She said.

I wanna love you,
But something’s pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue,
Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to

The urgency in which she repeats 'I cling to'.... Only Lady Gaga... Only lady fucking gaga. It hit me, I don't know why but it did.
Yas!

I love Judas so much. It's one of my favorite Gaga songs. I'm happy to hear that you warmed up to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom