• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
The gap in the quality of the production on PRISM and Teenage Dream is so strange when you realize they were worked on by generally the same people.

I really didn't expect songs like Dark Horse, Unconditionally, and Legendary Lovers, and Walking on Air from her at all, especially since Roar was the lead single.

Nemesis_

I think we should wait for the public vote before we start deciding issues of relevance.

But then most of your local faves would be exempt from any semblance of relevance.

iJ63ONiNiej1y.gif

I bought Ten

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
iHpnNuSwHxiEt.gif

All this gaga news is just tew much

As a bit of clarification, Venus will debut on the 25th but wont be available to download till Sunday night to get the full billboard week

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But then most of your local faves would be exempt from any semblance of relevance.

iJ63ONiNiej1y.gif

I bought Ten
I'm happy for my faves to be irrelevant if they keep putting out the best pop music in the world.

stan gods aloud RIP in peace

Peru

tatu reuniting for a japanese snickers commercial makes gaga and britney's upcoming releases seem trivial just like that

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with Work Bitch. It's such a horrendous song, but it's apparently not indicative of the album at all (but so many people say this when a lead single is received unexpectedly - heck both BTW and Applause were both reassured later on with DON'T WORRY ANOTHER TRUE GAGA SONG IS COMING) so I'm not sure what to think.

I've said this elsewhere before, but I can't get excited about William Orbit producing a lot of the record. People keep comparing it to Ray of Light. But have you heard Orbit's latest production efforts (particularly on MDNA and Fortune)? :biblio:
Yeah, she's cool but Work Bitch is throwaway at best - It's not even really a song, though I'm sure those brands enjoy the free promo.

Did you not hear Love Spent on MDNA? One of Madonna's best in years with stunning production.

I need Do What U Want ASAP. That pristine electronic sound. Those layered vocals.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Happy in the club with a bottle of red wine,
stars in our eyes cause we're having a good time

Do what you want don't stop, let's party,
Do what you want, what you want with my body

... am I the only one?

Nemesis_

Yeah, she's cool but Work Bitch is throwaway at best - It's not even really a song, though I'm sure those brands enjoy the free promo.

Did you not hear Love Spent on MDNA? One of Madonna's best in years with stunning production.

I need Do What U Want ASAP. That pristine electronic sound. Those layered vocals.

Oh, I missed Love Spent. Well that's ONE good song, I guess.

ibbuzZf4IXbHpL.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that new gaga snippet sounds okay. i haven't heard anything from the new album that's awful but also nothing that's mindblowingly good, yet. should be at least solid.

Majmun

Is Perra's Prism worth listening to? Or should I skip it and listen to Miley's Bangerz instead?

or just skip both?

Listening to Unconditionally by Perra just made me not want to listen to Prism for some reason. That song did nothing for me. Maybe it's her vocals or something or the tone of the song but i couldn't even finish listening to it. I stopped halfway through because it was just so boring. Maybe I feel Katy should just stop trying to sing slow ballad-y type songs and stick to fast paced pop supreme songs. I never really like her ballad feeling songs.

Majmun

Stopped listening to Prism
jbtXqbkmaLxRsB.png

Switched over to Bangerz... and Adore You is already slaying me

-edit

I can't wait for Gaga's new album. Listened to the itunes show only once. I want to keep everything fresh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gang Bang was a mess. I'm addicted is decent if I'm in in the right mood, but other times I can't listen to it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm Addicted is genuinely fantastic. It and Love Spent are the only MDNA songs I use.

Mmhm. I have to watch episodes the next day. I'd rather not see snippets of scenes and stuff.
It is inconsiderate when some girls were howling at the moon when I posted the Sleepy Hollow gif that was like 4 days old telling me to take it off.

Matt_

Do what you want cuts off at just the wrong time. Can't decide whether I like it or not

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ABC_lady_gaga_muppets_2_jt_131017_4x3t_384.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lady-gaga-teams-muppets-adorable-photos-result/story?id=20603044

The "Applause" singer will appear on a 90-minute special with the Muppets, her second one, ABC announced today.
"Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular" will air on Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving) from 9:30-11 p.m. ET.

"I was so excited when ABC called me about doing a holiday special this year," Lady Gaga said.
"I knew it just wouldn't be a complete night of laughter and memories without the Muppets!"

Gaga will perform songs from ARTPOP (she'll sing "Applause" with several of the Muppets and have a duet with Kermit the Frog), but Sir Elton John, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and RuPaul will have duets with Muppets as well.
Adding to the star-studded program is Kristen Bell, who will star in a sketch alongside Gaga and the Muppets.

I'm done, another blessed Thanksgiving

tumblr_mgmkahqdum1qfk3huo4_r1_250.gif

Matt_

Praise the pop gods she is coming!

I'm surprised she'd decide to put the stream up a week early considering Perra's album only leaked a day or two before. She should just have the stream ready for when it actually leaks. Even more so with the fact that her third promo single is coming on the 3rd

Not that I should really be complaining

Matt_

Damn, she hasn't even tweeted since August

Katy Perry seriously went down on every Pop Hook God.

Fuck this cd stream is PACKED with hooks and choruses. I've never been a big fan but this....is stellar.

Matt_

Katy Perry seriously went down on every Pop Hook God.

Fuck this cd stream is PACKED with hooks and choruses. I've never been a big fan but this....is stellar.

I think the album looses stream after International Smile (Other than Spiritual which truly took me to a spiritual place), but yes it's packed with hooks left right and center

♪♫
Sometimes I wish my skin was a costume
That I could just unzip, and strip
But who I am is who I'm meant to be
And it's who you are in love, in love with
So now, I don't negotiate with insecurities
You're gonna have to take a back seat
I know I have to love myself, the way I want you to

Love me, no more second guessing
No, there’s no more questioning
I’ll be the one defining who I'm gonna be
No concealing feelings, or changing seasonly
I’m gonna love myself, the way I want you to love me
♪♫

*shiver*

cory64

oh god I just realised
I'm going to be hearing like two-thirds of PRISM on the store radio at work starting next month.
wait

help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom