• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
BWvtiTMCEAAxE9p.jpg:large
I was just going to say the album so far seems to be a melting pot of genres, and this can usually be a problem... unless every song shares the trait of sheer perfecTion.

God. ;-;

Nemesis_

Hmm, I didn't really feel the stuff at the beginning of that Do What U Want snippet but once the beat kicks in it utterly slayed me.

We need ARTPOP. T_T

Koodo

Banned
Going back to finish PRISM after hearing God's snippet.

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i i i i i

So far we've heard at least a small portion of:

Applause
Aura
ARTPOP
Sexxx Dreams
MANiCURE
G.U.Y
Swine
Jewels & Drugs
Do What U Want

And not one of them I haven't liked so far. Lord this album is giving me EV-ERY-THINGGG-A

3phemeral

They didn't hear pinch or strain? The tonal shift? Loss in volume? None of them are sustained with vibrato, aside from that hint of it during one of her debut performances with the Eb5. And lord have mercy at the heavy use of reverb during those Stripped tour performances. I can't get over how non-musical those runs up to her E5s are in the Bercy performances with the red glitter suit.

Linda Perry gave her advice she stuck with and it ruined whatever voice she could have finessed.

--

In other news, I am HERE for that new Gaga snippet. Probably the best of the snippets I've heard so far.
iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif

Nemesis_

I've now pre-ordered two copies of ARTPOP physically.

And I just pre-ordered on iTunes too.

November 8th can't come soon enough T_T

Mumei

They didn't hear pinch or strain? The tonal shift? Loss in volume? None of them are sustained with vibrato, aside from that hint of it during one of her debut performances with the Eb5. And lord have mercy at the heavy use of reverb during those Stripped tour performances.

Please, only Beyoncétan does that.

I can't get over how non-musical those runs up to her E5s are in the Bercy performances with the red glitter suit.

There's no better counterargument to Roy's comments about Christina's musicality than listening to Christina sing live. ;)

Linda Perry gave her advice she stuck with and it ruined whatever voice she could have finessed.

What was this?

Koodo

Banned
Let me spill on PRISM right quick to get the filth out of the way:

crie

Double Rainbow

Good

Roar
Legendary Lovers
Birthday

Could've Been Something

Walking On Air
Dark Horse

Guilt-Bop

This Is How We Do

SHIT

THE REST.

royalan

There's no better counterargument to Roy's comments about Christina's musicality than listening to Christina sing live. ;)

There's no more incorrect one, either. Unless you really think a collection of clips focusing specifically on her upper register are a thorough viewing of her musicality. ;)

I can post plenty of clips of her formidable musicality by way of the various genres she's tackled and when she's resting in her middle register.

3phemeral

Please, only Beyoncétan does that.
Took me longer to get that than it should have. I originally thought it was a joke about her skin color, though I suppose it can be a technical double entendre.

I admit there some interesting runs she does during her debut that made me check on her. One of my favorites is this Latin Grammy performance of CELD and GIAB where she scales upward into a belt that I felt was quite good, just after that unintelligible Spanish section: 3:56

What was this?
Essentially that you don't have to sing perfectly and sometimes imperfection offers genuine emotion that technical singing never could. She also apparently told her how to scream. Seems no one ever reminded her how Whitney could emote and sing with technical perfection.

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY HEART
AND
YOU WON'T USE MY MIND
BUT
DO WHAT U WANT WITH MY BODY

iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif
iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif
iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif
iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif
iba5AUTQ0DR1jh.gif

Mumei

There's no more incorrect one, either. Unless you really think a collection of clips focusing specifically on her upper register are a thorough viewing of her musicality. ;)

I can post plenty of clips of her formidable musicality by way of the various genres she's tackled and when she's resting in her middle register.

In fairness, those clips weren't just of her upper register - in any one clip she mostly spent just a moment touching on the note. I wasn't referring to those moments; I was referring more to the totality. Throughout the entire video her musical choices were... dire, to say the least.

Took me longer to get that than it should have. I originally thought it was a joke about her skin color, though I suppose it can be a technical double entendre.

I believe Beyoncétan is Roy's creation, actually.

I admit there some interesting runs she does during her debut that made me check on her. One of my favorites is this Latin Grammy performance of CELD and GIAB where she scales upward into a belt that I felt was quite good, just after that unintelligible Spanish section: 3:56

That was much better than she usually does stuff like that, actually. I didn't like the brief pause 4:07 - I would have preferred a more seamless transition from the run into the belt - but whatever.

Essentially that you don't have to sing perfectly and sometimes imperfection offers genuine emotion that technical singing never could. She also apparently told her how to scream. Seems no one ever reminded her how Whitney could emote and sing with technical perfection.

What sort of filthy verismo advice was that woman giving her? :(

Bladenic

Y'all should download Love Again by John Newman on iTunes. Free single of the week. His EP is punching a bit.

Edit: Koodo sis, Roar good? Welp

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Oh my lord at that Do What U Want snippet. I was not expecting that to come back in at the end. Glorious production.

SHOCKED-KOALA-1327101260_thumb.jpg

3phemeral

I believe Beyoncétan is Roy's creation, actually.
Makes sense. I like it. :)

That was much better than she usually does stuff like that, actually. I didn't like the brief pause 4:07 - I would have preferred a more seamless transition from the run into the belt - but whatever.

I'm imagining how it would have sounded without that pause. For me, I feel it serves a nice build into the next belt, where you feel the singer is out of breath and has gone higher than they can go, but then they go higher and continue with a long-held belt. Not that it's of the same caliber, but it does remind me of how Whitney uses this same build to emotion with her A Song For You cover here.

My LOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!

What sort of filthy verismo advice was that woman giving her? :(
ibjG39PZXATK3b.gif

The kind that destroys voices. :-/

She's not at fault for those any-note-will-do runs, though.

Nemesis_

Is the album artwork for ARTPOP considered to risque for GAF? I want to use it for the main banner but I'm apprehensive.

Is the album artwork for ARTPOP considered to risque for GAF? I want to use it for the main banner but I'm apprehensive.

There's a thread in which they discussed a Vice documentary where
a man is forced to watch a Japanese dominatrix eat shit
so I doubt it really would be

Hurricane Venus is life giving.

Her eponymous American album also has quite a few bops.

BoA slayed me with the Tales of Graces OP song

Mamoritai mamorareteru ;_;

Eaux. I didn't know she did a theme song for a Tales game. Then again, Tales of Xillia is my first one.

I'll be perched for her opening song when I pick up Tales of Graces f. It's bound to be better than the one for Xillia. I really do not care for Ayumi Hamasaki's voice.

Nemesis_

disgusting

gaga just needs to let britney flop and fade away

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with Work Bitch. It's such a horrendous song, but it's apparently not indicative of the album at all (but so many people say this when a lead single is received unexpectedly - heck both BTW and Applause were both reassured later on with DON'T WORRY ANOTHER TRUE GAGA SONG IS COMING) so I'm not sure what to think.

I've said this elsewhere before, but I can't get excited about William Orbit producing a lot of the record. People keep comparing it to Ray of Light. But have you heard Orbit's latest production efforts (particularly on MDNA and Fortune)? :biblio:

Stealing this from ATRL

Britney on rumored Gaga collab http://youtu.be/bnASvUGx_Go?t=37s
she doesnt deny which to me thats a yes

both are working with William and Britney has confirmed a track called Alien

jHrMNNWA2uGsz.PNG

Yeah, I reckon that pretty much confirms it. I guess it kind of explains why will.i.am randomly popped up on ARTPOP too if they've had some kind of contact.

Also, didn't Britney and Gaga enter the same studio in LA at some point?

il7urNfMAZARY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom