• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Well I wasnt sold, all I got from that performance is that Gaga can belt

I dont even remember how the chorus goes. Hoping Madeon saves it with his production

3phemeral

At least it was better than I Wanna Be With You, but yeah I am not much into her ballads. I can do Speechless though.
Yeah, she needs someone to help her write better ballad melodies.
Well I wasnt sold, all I got from that performance is that Gaga can belt

I dont even remember how the chorus goes. Hoping Madeon saves it with his production
For sure. Other than the lyric repetition, the melody wasn't very easy to catch.

Kyon

Banned
We all know Gaga cant do ballads for her life but i believe in this for once

At the certain part it sounds like MTN

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
im im im im im im a gypsy gypsy im im im ;_;

was that the chorus, I thought it was like something she would put in a breakdown

I guess all the belting was the pre-chorus then
gagamessimj6u0f.gif

Speechless is one of my top Gaga songs. But I am not feeling Gypsy much at all. Let me reserve final judgment until the album version because it will likely shit thanks to the production. The lyrical melody is weak as fuck tbh.

Kyon

Banned
I don't hate it but if its not more upbeat with the album version it's gonna be one of those songs I'll most likely skip every time it comes on ;_;

Kyon

Banned
VEEEEEEEEENUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WE BELIEVED IN IT AND PEOPLE SAID WE SHOULDNT GET OUR HOPES UP FOR A SONG WE NEVER HEARD.

ibqYat7OQp1bu0.gif

So the song with 3rd grade lyrics is the next Bad Romance? #M3SS

Someone should clue Gaga in that nobody's checking for her clown suits if her music doesn't deliver.

Partition

Banned
Here's some Fashion lyrics POPGAF, gonna be more open now that the listening party happened

Intro:
"Look at me now, I'm on top of the world! In my Fashion!"

I think this is chorus?
"Fashion! Step into the room, like it's a catwallllkk"

Zutroy

Serious question: What are the other contenders?

Well I was going to say since All I Want for Christmas, but I couldn't remember how long ago it was since that actually came out, so I was covering myself incase something snuck in since then =P

Kyon

Banned
i hate christmas songs except pop music ones..

so All I Want For Christmas and

Knee's My Only Wish. ( I love that it took them all these years to put it on vevo)

That is it. All these years they're the only ones i can bear

xaosslug

real talk: if her voice didn't go to shit, and she didn't portray such a vapid, desperate mess as her persona; I would probably stan Mariah.

Butterfly is LITERALLY everything, not only the album, but the song. :bow

royalan

LADee DaaDaa has no control over her singles as it's been demonstrated. Interscope is desperately seeking that international #1 and basically throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks. The fact that they chose to make DWUWU a single after only a lukewarm reception shoows how desperate they are. They obviously don't have any confidence on her material otherwise they'd stick to the original singles plan. The Haus is in chaos.

Meanwhile Katy is executing her album lauch flawlessly securing an international multi-week #1 single and a #1 album almost effortlessly. No drama, no gimmicks.

It's funny that you attempt to drag Queen KP when your failing fave can barely scrap the top five. Katy will easily have 3 or 4 #1s with her Album of the Year while Gags watches from the sidelines as her fART is overlooked ever so effortlessly by pop gurls using substance over style.

This Tea.

Phreaker

kinda percheD, tbh. The melody wasn't bad, but it just never picked up and the song seemed to drone.

tbh though, watching it, it seemed she was having feels and improvising. So I'm sure all of that is not on the real song. Plus we know it's only 4min long on the album.

Who is ARTPOPupdate? If it's out there I bet it will leak soon.

Phreaker

The first 8 tracks of PRISM shit so hard, I am still slain. Legendary Lovers is song of the year material.

I have listened half a dozen times. I really enjoy it., and you're right. It's fantastic until it hits Ghost. The rest is ok, but Ghost and By the Grace of God just aren't doing it for me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom