• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

o... 30k off isn't that bad I suppose.

I'm now 60k off...ch...

I'm surprised tbh. Roar was so HUGE out the gate, as well as the promo singles... I could've sworn it was gonna sell BIG on debut. I was even regretting my 330k prediction, thinking it would go for 400k+.

RubyFaith

Just not here for Katy anymore. Even her good songs I feel meh towards.
Like Ghost.

Listened to DWUW yesterday a few times to get a good feel of the song. It gets better the more you listen to it but I won't even lie, I liked R.kelly's part the best.

And I hate that pedo.

cory64

Do What U Want (With My Promo Schedule) has slipped all the way to #7. A mess for them to clean up if Venus does the exact same thing.

Mau ®

Former popstar Rihanna continues to slay your faves while in Greece, where's she's enjoying a vacation instead of recording songs like she ought to by now.

8367a6e03c6c11e38f8f22000a9e07b9_8.jpg

5488054a3c6c11e39d3b22000ab48194_8.jpg

96988d743c6211e3af7e22000a1f8ae5_8.jpg

52f9aada3c6211e3881122000a9f12f2_8.jpg

aaf266ae3c3111e3822b22000ab48c96_8.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Do What U Want (With My Promo Schedule) has slipped all the way to #7. A mess for them to clean up if Venus does the exact same thing.

Like it doesn't make any sense. I like the song and it has received a good response but this move just makes it seem like they don't have any confidence in Venus' ability to perform. Any promo song she would release would do well worldwide because of all the preorders the album has. The whole thing was such a rash decision

edit; Watch the British public react to Britney Spears on Chatty Man on a show called Gogglebox (I think it will work outside the UK). Endless kiiiis. The whole show is hilarious but Britney is the first bit on. It's a fairly apt representation of the UK populace tbh

Koodo

Banned
Mau ®;87274924 said:
I'm now 60k off...ch...

I'm surprised tbh. Roar was so HUGE out the gate, as well as the promo singles... I could've sworn it was gonna sell BIG on debut. I was even regretting my 330k prediction, thinking it would go for 400k+.
As if you weren't aware Perra also flopped out of the gate with Teenage Dream despite having two enormous #1 lead singles.

The desperation for receipts causing blindness among my sisturds.

Trigger

Mau ®;87277150 said:
Former popstar Rihanna continues to slay your faves while in Greece, where's she's enjoying a vacation instead of recording songs like she ought to by now.

What a queen. Her body is perfection.

HiResDes

If you're in need of some ratchet pop music, The Fader just posted this and I'm fucking in love with it. And since it's technically pop music I don't have any place to post it but here and try to find some equally eccentric person to bask in its glory with me.

Also here's the video for Cake

Lol @ those Prism opening numbers. It will most likely have legs and end up selling a lot in the long run like Teenage Dream though.

Also Gaga's debuting GYPSY in Berlin in under two hours. I'll be skipping though thanks. Need to save this for the album release. :(

xaosslug

Mau ®;87277150 said:

i was gonna say. Is she a catalog model now, or something? I mean

now sis...

ilwihT2cg6wU9.gif

Wait but those are my faves. Minus Kanye and BL
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

O @ the Blurred Lines stanning.

I also enjoy it. I don't understand the hatred. Let me go listen to it now.

yaaaaas!

ESj8Qal.gif

Partition

Banned
Wut
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

You monsters have been getting pretty BRAVE lately with these predictions about Katy
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Please tell me Kyon, which tracks from La Perra's Magnum Opus will go #1?

And DWUW has not been released to radio and has absolutely zero promo outside of her tweeting. Still did better than Dark Horse so far.

Artemisia

Banned
I have a strong feeling Unconditionally will go #1
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

It will peak just as Royals dies down. The song that's under Royals is Roar, so I don't think Katy will have any problems
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Saw goddess trio HAIM last night and the show was great. Lotta fun, they're very chatty, many of the songs sound super different in a live setting. Go see HAIM and throw them coins and kisses when they're in yer town, kay?

If you're in need of some ratchet pop music, The Fader just posted this and I'm fucking in love with it. And since it's technically pop music I don't have any place to post it but here and try to find some equally eccentric person to bask in its glory with me.
http://eighteenpl.us

Oh, good promo. I was listening to this mix last night and enjoying a lot of it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Perra will have 3 #1s this era. Roar, Unconditionally and one more of ha album (I hope legendary lovers but I could see This is how we do or Double Rainbow getting the single treatment)
I don't think it will have the longevity of the TD era though but each single (not counting the promo ones) will go top 5 on the hot 100

xaosslug

And DWUW has not been released to radio and has absolutely zero promo outside of her tweeting. Still did better than Dark Horse so far.

you need to sit down. I mean I don't even stan Katy (yet?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif
) but the delusion you are having rn is not real, sis. Katy will drag every girl, effortlessly.

A better question at this point is, which tracks from Gaga's will?
iIHGN2qWS0jeP.png

not a single one. Sad, really. She'll keep chasing it and twitter-begging, tho. Mess.

LADee DaaDaa has no control over her singles as it's been demonstrated. Interscope is desperately seeking that international #1 and basically throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks. The fact that they chose to make DWUWU a single after only a lukewarm reception shoows how desperate they are. They obviously don't have any confidence on her material otherwise they'd stick to the original singles plan. The Haus is in chaos.

Meanwhile Katy is executing her album lauch flawlessly securing an international multi-week #1 single and a #1 album almost effortlessly. No drama, no gimmicks.

It's funny that you attempt to drag Queen KP when your failing fave can barely scrap the top five. Katy will easily have 3 or 4 #1s with her Album of the Year while Gags watches from the sidelines as her fART is overlooked ever so effortlessly by pop gurls using substance over style.

Bladenic

Mau ®;87276094 said:
I see Chris (Bladenic) is ON POINT with the PRISM predictions.

Slay sis!

I've been saying since forever that she'll never see huge debut numbers. She's obviously not a singles artist, but she's certainly more of an artist who's massive hit singles do not directly correlate with high album sales. She'll have longevity, but it remains to be seen if Prism will last as long as TD (my money's on no).

Also, I'm listening to The Remixes right now. Have the Mariah stans ever pimped this out before? It's slaying so hard.

Partition

Banned
you need to sit down. I mean I don't even stan Katy (yet?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif
) but the delusion you are having rn is not real, sis. Katy will drag every girl, effortlessly.

I am asking a serious question. If someone is going to allude she will have another Roar sized hit this era, or multiple ones, I'm actually curious as to which tracks those would be. I listened to TD and Prism back to back a few days ago and the hit potential is surprisingly low for Prism based on her previous successes.

I don't expect Gaga to get a #1 this era, but not really due to her music but rather the absolute mess Interscope has been with her lately and inability to promote her well.

LADee DaaDaa has no control over her singles as it's been demonstrated.

May be true with Applause, but she changed the single to DWUW herself.

Mau ®

I don't see PRISM having more than 3 #1's and that's a stretch. "Unconditionally" WILL go #1 for sure but anything after I'm not sure about. "Legendary Lovers" is fantastic tho but I'm not sure about it's commercial appeal.

I also fail to see whats so special about Double Rainbow. It's cute and that's about it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom