• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN THE SINGLE HITS THE CHARTS SHE THINKS LIKE A BARON WHAT SHE KNOWS THROWS THE BLOWS WHEN SHE GOES TO THE ITUNES CHARTS AND SHE'LL WIN THE WHOLE THING 'FORE PERRA ENTERS THE RING THERE'S NO PRODUCERS TO BLAME WHEN YOUR SECOND SINGLE IS USURPED BY YOUR PROMO SINGLE WHEN YOU GO SOLO YOU HOLD YOUR OWN HAND AND REMEMBER THAT #2 IS THE GREATEST OF HEIGHTS AND IF YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR GLOBAL SALES RANK STANDS THEN YOU KNOW WHERE TO LAND AND IF YOU FALL IT WON'T MATTER, CUZ AT LEAST APPLAUSE OUTPERFORMED WORK BITCH

Still Too $hort (featured on the future smash Jewels 'n' Drugs)
owl.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
So lately I've been wondering why there's such a lack of male pop artist. The two biggest solo male artists of our current time are two white males with the same first name. I mean, what the fuck. Where is the male equivalent of Rihanna? Is there even male counterparts to the small pop girls like Charli or Sky? Has Sweden, pop heaven on Earth, even produced a great male artist? Are gender schemas the underlying cause of all of this? We need studies done tbh. Food for thought everyone
UKslzEW.gif

Tokubetsu

So lately I've been wondering why there's such a lack of male pop artist. The two biggest solo male artists of our current time are two white males with the same first name. I mean, what the fuck. Where is the male equivalent of Rihanna? Is there even male counterparts to the small pop girls like Charli or Sky? Has Sweden, pop heaven on Earth, even produced a great male artist? Are gender schemas the underlying cause of all of this? We need studies done tbh. Food for thought everyone
UKslzEW.gif

Not really the same as a singular pop artist but I've read at least two think pieces this year about Mindless Behavior putting the "fun" back into black boy band pop:
http://youtu.be/5w7RJRMwN2E
http://youtu.be/GC9EUHBSfB8

Aguila

#ICONIC
Don't forget Bruno
owl.gif

And the dude in Just Give Me a Reason
owl.gif
owl.gif
owl.gif
owl.gif

Its called Bruno Mars
UKslzEW.gif

O, I forgot about those. I don't consider Bruno pure pop tho, and that dude from JGMAR is in a band, isn't he? Bands and boy groups are kind of a whole different case.

I just wonder what a non-Justin Bieber clone ( bieber clones are like Conor Maynord and that person that performed at the VMA's) could bring to the table if they knew how to write good pop songs and perform in a totally different style.
UKslzEW.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
WHEN THE SINGLE HITS THE CHARTS SHE THINKS LIKE A BARON WHAT SHE KNOWS THROWS THE BLOWS WHEN SHE GOES TO THE ITUNES CHARTS AND SHE'LL WIN THE WHOLE THING 'FORE PERRA ENTERS THE RING THERE'S NO PRODUCERS TO BLAME WHEN YOUR SECOND SINGLE IS USURPED BY YOUR PROMO SINGLE WHEN YOU GO SOLO YOU HOLD YOUR OWN HAND AND REMEMBER THAT #2 IS THE GREATEST OF HEIGHTS AND IF YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR GLOBAL SALES RANK STANDS THEN YOU KNOW WHERE TO LAND AND IF YOU FALL IT WON'T MATTER, CUZ AT LEAST APPLAUSE OUTPERFORMED WORK BITCH

omg Crump, this post

O @ Applause being a bigger radio hit than Bad Romance. And her biggest one to date.

But I thought she was over?
owl.gif

Stop spilling tea on yourself. Pop AI is significantly higher than it was in 2009.

You can't compare AI across era's unless you take changes into account.

Styles

21 Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction (From "One Chance") 0.2159
23 Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 0.2001
46 Justin Bieber - Hold Tight 0.1163
51 Tyga & Justin Bieber - Wait For a Minute 0.1127

owl.gif

Styles

Arte, sis, I've been trying to breed a shiny Bagon for almost a week now. Should I stop? If I do, then all of that effort will go to waste.
rip_zpsfbbea2ce.gif

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2iuy5OPvC

Perry is wary of being labelled a role model because they "will fail you. I couldn't tell kids when it's time for them to try things or do things. I mean, that's not my role. But, you know, it's funny. I do see myself becoming this inspiration out of default right now because cause it's such a strange world. Like females in pop - everybody's getting naked. I mean, I've been naked before but I don't feel like I have to always get naked to be noticed. But it's interesting to see..."

"I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm talking about all of them. I mean, it's like everybody's so naked. It's like, 'put it away!' We know you've got it. I got it too. I've taken it off for - I've taken it out here and there. And I'm not necessarily judging. I'm just saying sometimes it's nice to play that card but also it's nice to play other cards. And I know I have that sexy card in my deck but I don't always have to use that card."

Kiii, she's returning to her roots, innit?

Stefan™;87663568 said:
Arte, sis, I've been trying to breed a shiny Bagon for almost a week now. Should I stop? If I do, then all of that effort will go to waste.
rip_zpsfbbea2ce.gif

keep trying. your taylor stanning has conditioned you to endure misery

When you touch me I die
Just a little inside
I wonder if this could be love
This could be love
Cause you're out of this world
Galaxy, space, and time
I wonder if this could be love

<3

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Venus is a monster. The NIN-style synth on the bridge, the guitar strumming under that incredible chorus, like ABBA got blasted into space. Kinda Telephone-ish in the delivery. The planet callouts. How she screeches 'don't you know my ass is famous!' Very tongue in cheek and very awesome, probably my top song so far though DWUW's robot production just edges it out.

That harmony on the final chorus. Fuck.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bits of Venus shit. The ABBA chorus shits, I laaahhhhve it. The verse is good (the 'venus' bits are still lol). The bridges sound out of place.

She needs to write a damn consistent song, damn.

Hige

I think it sounds way better if you get rid of the "take me to your planet" part leading into the chorus. Takes about 30 seconds out of the song. The verse to bridge transition still sounds disjointed, though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I hope Chris Brown goes to prison
and stays there so I never have to hear about his disgusting ass again

Trigger

I think it sounds way better if you get rid of the "take me to your planet" part leading into the chorus. Takes about 30 seconds out of the song. The verse to bridge transition still sounds disjointed, though.

Noooooo

That's my favorite part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom