• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I would rate Venus a 7/10.

I think this is fair.

iFInoeUqwuZy3.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The 'I can't help the way you're feeling' should be a middle 8, not a bridge. The 'take me to your planet bit' should be cut.

Artemisia

Banned
The 'I can't help the way you're feeling' should be a middle 8, not a bridge. The 'take me to your planet bit' should be cut.

To me, those lines function well as they are: a prechorus. The 'take me to your planet' part in particular is perfect because of the drums that build up, giving you the feeling that something huge is coming. The only problem is that the song doesn't make good on that expectation; the chorus is weaker than the bit that precedes it.

Nemesis_

The only part I don't really like is the "I CAN'T HELP THE WAY I'M FEELING" part. It just feels weird and out of part.

The song sounds like a warped lovechild of Depeche Mode and Eurhythmics though.

botty

Banned
"Venus" should have been left for the APP. It's a fun song, lyrically, but that's about it. The production isn't impressive or inspiring, and you can tell Gaga put it together at the last minute just for kicks. Why isn't "ARTPOP" a single yet?

ibmGWnfmGXGBos.gif

Styles

The bridge makes me want to GET OFF my LAZY ASS and start POSING to EVERY planet she calls out.

UR-ANUS
DON'T YOU KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS??

ibwIiC4nzwyP2V.gif

Nemesis_

Just a reminder that Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun will be released in four days through her tour CD+DVD package.

Queen B gave her inspiration for the package, in case you've forgotten: -

"I wanted to put this show on DVD, because i had to reschedule that show 3 hours before the start on May 14. And that so in Antwerp felt so good, and the fans loved "Standing On The Sun". I also saw some banners written "Queen B, you are a amazing" from a kid who is about 12-14 and "You have a sexy butt", so i had to put it on a DVD".

3phemeral

I'm absolutely in love with Venus. I amazed she merged such weird clips together so perfectly. Best part was the section she didn't release

I wonder if this could be love
this could be looooOOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOoooove​

I don't know if it would have been the better radio single, but I would have loved if it was. Weird Gaga needs to be used in moderation, though, and not back-to-back onslaughts of alienating listeners. Still, her producing this by herself is amazing.

PowderedToast

Just a reminder that Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun will be released in four days through her tour CD+DVD package.

has she scrapped these songs from 5 then? god, i wonder what shape that record is in right now

Still can't take Venus

I can't handle you girl

tumblr_m3ttm6Cp6a1rvwq31o1_500.gif

This is like everything I wanted from Gaga is under 4 minutes. This and Aura are exactly what I envisioned ARTPOP to sound like.

Aguila

#ICONIC

"I wanted to put this show on DVD, because i had to reschedule that show 3 hours before the start on May 14. And that so in Antwerp felt so good, and the fans loved "Standing On The Sun". I also saw some banners written "Queen B, you are a amazing" from a kid who is about 12-14 and "You have a sexy butt", so i had to put it on a DVD".

I'm having trouble reading and understanding this
KXllEAT.gif

HOLY FUCK VENUS

ROCKET
PUNCH
NUMBER NINE TAKE OFF TO THE PLANET - TO THE PLANET - VENUS ;_;

It's a bit lacking in transition from verse, pre-chorus and chorus but it's operatic and actually experimental. Even with the lack of flow it works in a totally insane, raw, psychedelic way kinda way.

Nemesis_

HOLY FUCK VENUS

ROCKET
PUNCH

It's a bit lacking in transition from verse, pre-chorus and chorus but it's operatic and actually experimental. Even with the lack of flow it works in a totally insane, raw, psychedelic way kinda way.

wait what have am i dreaming

iFBJmy6C4Orp2.gif

Partition

Banned
WHEN YOU TOUCH ME I DIE JUST A LITTLE INSIDE
o7Js2.gif

I WONDER IF THIS COULD BE LOVE THIS COULD BE LOVE
o7Js2.gif

This song evokes so many different feels, I cannot.

Koodo

Banned
HOLY FUCK VENUS

ROCKET
PUNCH

I'm so proud of my sisturd. *-*

HOLY FUCK VENUS

ROCKET
PUNCH

Woah, did not expect this! ;__;

Isn't this song a blast? It's like an assembly line of hooks. They don't go together but somehow the randomness makes the overall song that much more enjoyable.

cory64

"Venus" should have been left for the APP. It's a fun song, lyrically, but that's about it. The production isn't impressive or inspiring, and you can tell Gaga put it together at the last minute just for kicks. Why isn't "ARTPOP" a single yet?

ibmGWnfmGXGBos.gif

Venus is pretty good but best song from ARTPOP so far?

ivAbqddwgzlKV.gif

Tell them. I dig it but "ARTPOP" still exists to put it in its place.
ibmGWnfmGXGBos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom