• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I even begin to describe post We Found Love Calvin?

tumblr_mj7ht8hWG51qlycwjo1_400.gif

Listened to Artpop, I enjoyed most of it.

Standouts for me

Sexxx Dreams is probably my favorite as I suspected.
G.U.Y. is really good. A lot better than I would have suspected based on that clip.
Fashion is really catchy. Will.I.Am. did this right? It kinda reminds me of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKCD4v3400 from that one BEP album that no one cared for.
Gypsy is probably the safest choice for 3rd single.

Let's play a PopGAF drinking game. Two shots each time The Examiner brings up another artist or says "reductive" in the ARTPOP review.

The album opens up with “Aura,” a track that not only sounds just like “Judas,” a previous Gaga track, but also insults Muslim women and mocks their faith. It then leads to “Venus,” a track that reductively recalls Madonna’s “Papa Don’t Preach.” The spacy, rocky song could have been fun if Lady Gaga didn’t over-sing the versus so much. Now, she’s copying Christina Aguilera.

G.U.Y. is a reductive version of “Paparazzi.” It’s not a bad song, but it doesn’t offer anything new to the table. Speaking of reductive (again), “Sex Dreams” tries to blend Madonna, The Divinyls, and Prince into one song and desperately fails. You can throw a little Janet Jackson in there as well. Perhaps those who were born past 1990 won’t recognize the similarities.

Why is The Examiner so pressed about Gaga, though?

I'd play the drinking game, but I don't want to get alcohol poisoning.

The spacy, rocky song could have been fun if Lady Gaga didn’t over-sing the versus so much. Now, she’s copying Christina Aguilera.

This is a legit kii, though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Speaking of... is the app still happening? lol

Yes
E&D: There has been talk of a ‘digital experience’ being released with the album—what can you tell us about that?

C: We have built an app for Apple and Android phones that will give a richer experience around the music. We set out about a year ago to start building it with some incredible engineers and story-tellers. It will be a free app. Version one will be released with the album, and two or three more versions will come out over the next few months.

We think such apps are the future of our business. It is an expensive proposition—we want to give her fans an experience they have not witnessed before. But we are going to see a wave of much simpler apps come along that instill these rich album experiences. We’ll see apps as cheap as $50,000, which is a little less than what it costs to record one song, and as expensive as several millions of dollars.

i8URqa69H8sFq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom