• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

I can't

fu2GhUa.gif

I'm just glad that Gaf acknowledges Her existence.

monique.gif

Toast one last puff
And two last regrets
Three spirits
And twelve lonely steps
Up heaven's stairway to gold...

I need a Kleenex. Excuse me. ;___;

EDIT: Nem sis, just join the listening party. Then let's discuss our favorites. Lol

Styles

Sexxx Dreams and Manicure have this compressed quality to them which is not present in other songs. I think it's done intentionally, but still, the transition from G.U.Y. to Sexxx Dreams is a little jarring sometimes, tbh.

The Swinefest songs are all getting less play from me actually. I think the live performances elevated the songs too much for the studio versions to stand a chance. Especially Swine and ARTPOP.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I like the production on Swine more but the vocals seem more subdued

Donatella -> Fashion -> Mary Jane Holland is just absolutely flawless

Dope has started though :biblio:
Why the fuck is she performing this at the youtube awards

Styles

I like the production on Swine more but the vocals seem more subdued

Donatella -> Fashion -> Mary Jane Holland is just absolutely flawless

Dope has started though :biblio:
Why the fuck is she performing this at the youtube awards

Probably to coincide with NOPE's iTunes release?

No amount of promo is going to save NOPE from its inevitable descent to hell.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Stefan™;88444148 said:
Probably to coincide with NOPE's iTunes release?

Not amount of promo will save NOPE.

Perform your damn second single at big events not some shite promo single.
She'll probably tack dwuw on the end and it will be a mess like X factor was

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Disposed of the trash and reordered the tracklist. Now it's a good album.
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

doaDulA.png

This is pretty much what I did, except I left off Applause (just tired of it) and Swine as well, which does nothing for me. I've left Dope on there for now to see if it grows on me though. Oh, and Aura. That's a hit or miss for me. Parts of it are great but other parts, eh.

Good album overall though. She sounds great.

edit: !!! No Manicure of that list. Okay, that's where we part ways completely.

I thought Dope was growing on me but then I realized I was replacing its lyrics with those from back when it was I Wanna Be With You.

Dope's just tragic all around.

ivfQA9g5hxSZ3.gif

Can someone transcribe the lyrics in the second verse of ARTPOP?

The lines in between "come to me, with all your subtext and fantasy" and "the color palette you choose".... No idea what she's saying. Lol

Matt_

LAWD SLAY ME:
Guy
Donatella
Mary Jane Holland
Gypsy

Better than your faves:
Fashion
Do What You Want
Applause
Manicure
Jewels and Drugs

Recherché:
Venus
Aura
Sexx Dreams
ARTPOP

Taylor Swift:
Dope

Styles

Can someone transcribe the lyrics in the second verse of ARTPOP?

The lines in between "come to me, with all your subtext and fantasy" and "the color palette you choose".... No idea what she's saying. Lol

Come to me, with all your subtext and fantasy
Just do that thing that you do
In a perverse hue
Lovers' kites
Are flown on beaches for public sight
The colour pallete you choose
Can profit you

Matt_

Why was work bitch released today in the UK and not Monday?

Stefan™;88446791 said:
Come to me, with all your subtext and fantasy
Just do that thing that you do
In a perverse hue
Lovers' kites
Are flown on beaches for public sight
The colour pallete you choose
Can profit you

Are you 100% sure? Coz those lyrics are great, lol.

People were like "love is fly, I've flown on beaches with lovers side." I wasn't prepared to accept that. Lol

xaosslug

a day later and MJH is still slaying me!
ibnUVDAEMMmz5A.gif

why are the bridges for many of the songs such sap-sucking trash, tho?

Touchdown

Banned
Earlier today, Mariah posted a photo of Jermaine Dupri and Stevie Wonder in the studio, captioned "JD and Stevie listening to our song."

1103-jd-stevie_.jpg

YAAASSSSs, The King and the Queen. OMG This duet would slay everything..
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Matt_

Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
I'm addicted to the love that is your cure

Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
Like a serial killer man is a goner

ibjVmixvSDSAXq.gif

xaosslug

Xtina, the features artist of our generation who can't even get a solo part as a feature anymore.

ih6YBBiQdvC91.gif

that's actually what being an artist is about, tho... I can understand how you can't really comprehend that, considering who you stan. :'(

Mau ®

Rihanna's The Monster (feat. Eminem) is #1 in the UK's Singles Chart, leaving One Direction out the game.

This is Rihanna's 8th #1 hit in almost as many years. She now joins the ranks of Elvis and The Beatles in having as many #1's as the years they've been active on.

Behold her immaculate collection of UK #1 hits and make sure to pay rihspect to the Queen of Pop afterwards:

Umbrella (2007)
Take a Bow (2008)
Run This Town (2009)
Only Girl (2010)
Whats My Name (2011)
We Found Love (2011)
Diamonds (2012)
The Monster (2013)

legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif

royalan

This song is a little too dreary for my tastes...but The Legend sounds great here. Love how demure and breathy she is. One of the few girls who can sing from every part of her voice. *.*

Also, interesting to note that we have yet another example of Christina discovering and seeking out previously unknown singer-songwriters and introducing them to the greater music scene. Get ready for the next Sia, people.

The Legend's been in the studio a lot lately for these one-off songs. She HAS to be in the early stages of recording an album for herself, it's the only thing that makes sense. And, thinking about the people she's been linked to recently (Ryan Tedder, Ed Sheeran, and now A Great Big World), I'm starting to see a common link in musical style emerge here.

Get ready for Indietina Maturelera. ;____;

xaosslug

Mau ®;88471109 said:
Rihanna's The Monster (feat. Eminem) is #1 in the UK's Singles Chart, leaving One Direction out the game.

This is Rihanna's 8th #1 hit in almost as many years. She now joins the ranks of Elvis and The Beatles in having as many #1's as the years they've been active on.

Behold her immaculate collection of UK #1 hits and make sure to pay rihspect to the Queen of Pop afterwards:

Umbrella (2007)
Take a Bow (2008)
Run This Town (2009)
Only Girl (2010)
Whats My Name (2011)
We Found Love (2011)
Diamonds (2012)
The Monster (2013)

legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif

um...

ibp5QehqwNBrtd.gif

This song is a little too dreary for my tastes...but The Legend sounds great here. Love how demure and breathy she is here. One of the few girls who can sing from every part of her voice. *.*

Also, interesting to note that we have yet another example of Christina discovering and seeking out previously unknown singer-songwriters and introducing them to the greater music scene. Get ready for the next Sia, people.

The Legend's been in the studio a lot lately for these one-off songs. She HAS to be in the early stages of recording an album for herself, it's the only thing that makes sense. And, thinking about the people she's been linked to recently (Ryan Tedder, Ed Sheeran, and now A Great Big World), I'm starting to see a common link in musical style emerge here.

i think someone talked her into going for that Adele sound, because she's the only one can, pretty much. LOL

iSDFhUwfvyu21.gif

Cynosure

This song is a little too dreary for my tastes...but The Legend sounds great here. Love how demure and breathy she is. One of the few girls who can sing from every part of her voice. *.*

ibcbRt7v8DJslN.gif

Mau ®

Not sure what to think about Perfume. I can't judge given the poor quality of it's snippet. Hopefully a leak happens today.

It does seem Sia gave her Rih her ultimate magnum opus and ever since then Sia has been giving the other girls lesser Sia songs. Which still happen to be good songs either way.

G.U.Y. and Donatella are by far my favorite tracks on Artpop (at the moment).

Coincidentally, both produced by Zedd. Huh, kinda surprised. I'm not that big a fan of his solo album.

royalan

Everytime is Britney's only good ballad
and "From the Bottom of my Broken Heart."

Let's see if Sia can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom