• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Sis.

Just give in.

Listen to Donatella and Fashion! first.

Thank me later.

You're right, sis. How can I not participate in such an event. T_T

5 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

MANiCURE: I honestly didn't think she'd improve it, but she made the chorus even catchier. Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it! During that "the way, the way, the way, you make me feeeel," I wish she would have just belted a little higher. Would have been a nice climax. Unfortunate they subdued the vocals on "heal/save me." The live version of this gave me life, so it's another one I'll use both the album and iTunes versions.
Sexx Dreams: Those repetitive sections in the chorus are still there, but she balanced it out with nice vocal overlays. Love the outro and the addition of the strings. Kinda missing that bridge from iTunes even though I had no idea what she was saying. I'll use both.
Venus: Lots of catchy hooks, great build. Love the pure camp. I hope the video is equally as corny.
Fashion!: Don't understand the hate this track gets. If anything, this is Gaga actually sounding different, different vibe, and sounding great. I love, love, love that held note as she crescendos upward to the climax.
Do What U Want

4 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

G.U.Y.: Love how it's introduced. Probably the most video-gamey of all the tracks. Gives me a little Megaman X teas. Really love the production but not lyrically clicking with me. Is it me, or does the volume fluctuate a great deal on this track?
Mary Jane Holland: Love the production on this. Hooo Hooo! I may actually upgrade this later after a few more listens.
Donatella: I don't feel like this track negates the need for Fashion! or vice versa. They seem to complement each other well, as they're different vibes. They may have similar content, but I enjoy them both.
Applause: Excellent gym companion. Quirky and fun. Not perfect, but I can use when I need to be motivated.

3 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Aura: It's grown on me and I prefer the new verses, but I don't feel I'll use this. I wouldn't skip it, but I wouldn't actively seek it out.
Artpop: The one track I don't hold on equal footing with the live version. If I ever get the opportunity to mesh the live vocals with this instrumental, I'll do it, bu tit suffers from the same fate a lot of the other iTunes performances are guilty of: scaled back vocals; and it's the track that's worse off for it though, as the others have a good enough arrangement to get a pass for missing. Plus, part of why I loved the live performance was how she got into it. I may actually drop its score once the album has had time to settle in.
Swine: Prefer the live version for the pure energy. Also suffers from "what happened to the vocals?" problem.

2 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Gypsy: She sounds great on the belts, but that intonation for the verses. *_* Also sounds like a BTW reject, honestly. And if it wasn't for the You and I video, I don't think I'd use any other "ballad" on BTW. Especially strongly dislike that last I'm I'mmmimimimimimimi.
Jewels 'n' Drugs

1 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Dope: I like the premise and the melody, but it ultimately falls flat in execution. Should have been scrapped for something else.

Overall, I like Gaga's vocal direction this era. Even on the tracks I hate, she's really pushing herself to extremes. I'm really wanting to hear how she'd do a traditional power ballad (just for curiosity's sake).

Aguila

#ICONIC
I can't stop listening to Lana Del Rey's Born to Die album. It's amazing, don't know what you all think about her but I love her.

I don't think any song in my iTunes has had the same replay value and longevity as Blue Jeans ;_____________________________________________________;

Trigger

Donatella is just punching. I'm really warming up to it.

What do you wanna wear this spring?
What do you think is the new thing?
What do you wanna wear this season?

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

Dying teen covers Katy Perry's 'Roar'
ibeneb8nH5xsrx.jpg

Olivia is just 16, and she is dying of an inoperable brain tumor.
In September, knowing that there was no more treatment available, the Toronto teen went to a recording studio to immortalize her voice -- one that has brought to joy to her family and friends in her short life.
She sang Katy Perry's hit "Roar."
In the video made of her recording, she sits meekly in a wheelchair, unable to stand or catch her breath.
And then she gets to the first chorus.
" 'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar."
Her eyes squint, and a smile stretches across her face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_An8xNwupo
tumblr_md3fsytQjT1qc90dz.gif

Yado

You're right, sis. How can I not participate in such an event. T_T

5 Star:
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Fashion!: Don't understand the hate this track gets. If anything, this is Gaga actually sounding different, different vibe, and sounding great. I love, love, love that held note as she crescendos upward to the climax.

Stan the crown jewel.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Tokubetsu

Dark Paradise over errthang
except Video Games, Summertime Sadness and This is What Makes Us Girls which are all transcendental.

Tokubetsu

Lana is the queen of amazing demos.

Dark Paradise Demo

I can understand why she didn't go with it as it's a bit too jubilant. But still. THE DRUMS.

Lolita Demo

There is no contest. This demo is vastly superior to the album version. Unfortunately, her vocals are pitched because YT. But it still shits.

LDR demos are like the original version of Yeezus' "Welcome to Heartbreak" but for 9/10 songs:
http://youtu.be/b4KHMr106u4

Kanye West Rap Game Lana Del Rey

Yeah, I don't get it. It sounds pretty much finished. It would have worked well for Paradise.

And more importantly it might have prevented her from ruining Yayo.

Lizzy Grant version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paradise version

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Ok after a listen :

Really good - Sex Dreams. i don't love the new bit added in but I like the new chorus and the production is stellar. This song really reminds me of "If".
Aura, Venus, DWUW, and Artpop. All really interesting sounds and good choruses. Shame she revealed all these songs first, I really feel they're the strongest on the album so now it's available there aren't really any new gems.

Manicure and Swine are both alright.

Donatella and Fashion are both complete shite IMO. Surprised by Dope, nice electronic undercurrent to it.
Gypsy didn't wow me, typical big chorus Hair-style song. I could easily chop the album down to those first five I listed and be happy.

Styles

Mount your Goddess
Touch me, Touch me
A summer moon comes into full phase
Get on top of me
And Mars' warm spirit rams into the atmosphere

ihJ8cCzUNjyrQ.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have downloaded the HQ version
monique.gif

Swinefest Jewels and Drugs + Sex dreams >> Album versions
They're small production changes but I don't like them. Especially Too Short's verse and everything following

Nemesis_

I've only heard LQ, but she fixed all my issues with Sexxx Dreams.

She removed the "and I think of you" and changed to "I think of you". Less clunky.
The chorus repetition was too much - she didn't fix this but she overlaid vocals to make it more interesting.
The bridge goes in a lot more.

But on a whole I've noticed a lot of DJWS's songs really don't go in at all compared to Zedd and Madeon. But both ARTPOP and Sexxx Dreams are some of his best.

I wonder if Gaga will drop him for the next album. She tends to work with people for two albums before she diminishes their role. RedOne and Fernando Garibay come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom